3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

car broken into last night. somebody got to go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 12:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 1999 SE attacked as well - Screwdrive door damage

I forgot this board uses censoring in the posts. The word a-s-s doesn't get printed hehee :-).

The link is supposed to be:

http://www.wormtail.kicks-a-s-s.net without the dashes in the word "a-s-s"

Try these for convenience, its a dynamic IP so it might change

Maxima Breakin Door Pry Pic1

Maxima Breakin Door Pry Pic2

Originally posted by packetattack
My car was also hit, I live in Queens/NYC. No alarm other than factory (save the replies guys, I know, Clifford G4 full package coming next week after she comes out the body shop) including Mul-T-Lock, Autolock, armored cable hood lock and 4 professional Sony 1/3" CCD security cameras mounted in front my place covering the whole block with time/date stamps/motion capture into my computer for evidence. None of that stupid X10 bull****, I want to catch faces in low light :-).

I've had it on this block, this is the tenth car to get hit in under 1 month. I even had the cops dust the inside of my car, I didn't touch anything, and they found one print, but it was worthless, too smudged. There's gotta be a chop shop/ring back in this area, never been this bad.

They used a screwdriver/pry bar to bend back the metal under the passenger door handle. I don't think the alarm went off. Anyways, no broken glass. They took my Valentine 1 concealed unit but not the actual detector which was in my glovebox (unlocked). In addition they left my Garmin GPS hand held unit also in the glovebox. In general I don't leave anything out in open sight, but I did have the remote module sitting there.

They removed the ignition plastic shroud and tried to start the car, but couldn't. I'm thinking these guys were amateurs. They took my battery booster and Griots Garage bag which had a small Radioshack DC/AC inverter, one $40 Husky socket set, and some oil.

Here's some pics of the damage

MAXIMA Breakin Door Pic 1

MAXIMA Breakin Door Pic 2
Old 03-31-2002, 08:27 PM
bernai

sorry to hear that bro...mine got broken into last year end of June, they took almost everything I had, damages=$3,000. Like everyone else said, get an alarm and maybe a guard dog and a mine field around the car, thieves are very hard to stop nowadays. If theyw ant something, most likely they're gonna get to it.