3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

89 Max victim of a hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 07:37 AM

89 Max victim of a hit and run

At 7:45am (moutain time) I wake up to my mom flippin put over someone just hit your car and took off. I was like s***. Put on some clothes and ran out the door. Looked around and there was no one but my front driver side was smashed in. He had some speed behind him cause the whole front driver side corner panel is useless. So of course I have to call C.P.D. (Calgary(is in Alberta, canada) police dept). So I getthis guy who is like yeah do you have witnesses I was like my friends mom says it was a black pick up. He was like did she see anything I was like no she heard the crash, then my alarm looked out and saw a black pick-up. Well since she didn't see it well there is a good chance we won't catch them. I flipped I was like you ain't even gonna try, you lazy s***. What good are you guys. Wow thanx for the good news. So I promised him to find the guy befor I do cause I have a louiville waiting. He was like calm down. So after all the bickering. He calls back and says ummm well since there are squad cars in the area I will have them searching for it. I will also send one over to your house. I was like thanx cop. That conver was 45 min agao. So who knows when this cop is showin up. Well I am really ticked off right now it happened 1 hr ago. So I am gonna go patrol the area again. Oh and some one else said it was a dark colored SUV. so I am thinkin that there are alot of SUV's lookin to take out our maximas.
Thanks all.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:51 AM

[Insert SkyMax's "No Explorer" Picture here...]

Dang man, Im sorry to hear that. I hope that they find the person that did that soon. Is it a highly popualated area? Hopefully you may see a cracked up SUV driving around town again sometime. If they find him, hes in big trouble for leaving the scene of an accident.
Say no to Haters

Good luck!
Old 02-12-2002, 07:53 AM
STFU n00b!

if they hit your car hard enough to do that kind of damage, it's going to need time at the body shop too. start tomorrow or thursday and call around at local body shops and stuff and look for the truck/suv/whatever yourself. find one with front corner (probably front right it sounds like) damage, and ask them if there's any paint the same color of your car stuck in it.

that's a start.. most body shops will help you out in cases like this. at least they do around here if you don't seem like an idiot. explain you were a victim of a hit and run and the police basically don't care, and that you're trying to find the truck/SUV that hit you.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:57 AM

Re: [Insert SkyMax's "No Explorer" Picture here...]

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
Dang man, Im sorry to hear that. I hope that they find the person that did that soon. Is it a highly popualated area? Hopefully you may see a cracked up SUV driving around town again sometime. If they find him, hes in big trouble for leaving the scene of an accident.
Say no to Haters

Good luck!
Nah man it is a quiet little cul-de-sac. So I have also lived here for 14yrs. So they gotta come home sometime right. So than when he does we talk.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:59 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
if they hit your car hard enough to do that kind of damage, it's going to need time at the body shop too. start tomorrow or thursday and call around at local body shops and stuff and look for the truck/suv/whatever yourself. find one with front corner (probably front right it sounds like) damage, and ask them if there's any paint the same color of your car stuck in it.

that's a start.. most body shops will help you out in cases like this. at least they do around here if you don't seem like an idiot. explain you were a victim of a hit and run and the police basically don't care, and that you're trying to find the truck/SUV that hit you.
Thanks for the tips. man i love this site. I will do so today. Thanks for helpin guys.