3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Sighting, Queens, NY.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 04:36 PM

Sighting, Queens, NY.

I know this will get locked, but I had to let you guys know.

I was on Liberty Avenue, in South Ozone Park in Queens (NY). I saw this custom dark blue 3rd gen. The guy had the bmw conversion, matching blue painted eyebrows, stillen body kit, when he passed me i could see his rear end (hehe..i don't go that way), and he had clear tails. I know alot of you think the 3rd gens tails are perfection, but this guys rear end looked freakin sweet. he completely filled in the "maxima" part on the back and painted to match, and the clear tails look awesome. It was really an incredibly sighting, i rarely see a car that impresses me, and this guys car definitly did.

if this guy is on here, dang man..come forth.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:46 PM

Was his rear license plate offset? meaning it was angled in a weird way?
I've think I've seen him before on Jamaica ave.
Old 03-29-2002, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by jim90gxe
= frenched license plate, just to let you know
Old 03-29-2002, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by jim90gxe
I've think I've seen him before on Jamaica ave.
I now what you're talking about, but unfortunately his was in it's normal position. But you know how queens life is, these guys and their cars, he probably has two trunk lids so he could ride as usual or be special with a twisted plate (i think it's illegal).

man..i've never seen a place with more hooked up cars than queens, not so much brooklyn, but damn queens got a lot of hooked up rides. It's a f***ing shame how busted up new york roads are. In manhattan, brooklyn, bronx, and queens, the most f**ked up roads i've ever seen in my dang life. as soon as you hit long island, sit back and enjoy the difference. I live in queens myself, and I've gone through struts and busted mounts like crazy. This is really not a good place to have a lowered car.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:56 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

did it look like this?

I sold her to a guy in Queens. It's a 93 SE. Thing is, my friend told me he saw the car on a tow truck going down the Van Wyck or something like that with the front caved in I'm just wondering if there is a chance it was fixed up and it's still out there

Old 03-29-2002, 08:04 PM

im lackin the ability to see those
Old 03-30-2002, 01:29 AM

me too
Old 03-30-2002, 12:06 PM

Cool this must be his 5th time getting mentioned on the Org, his license plate reads " TWISTA " right ? I met the guy once in the Whitestone movie theaters, His rear tails are clear bmw 3 series taillights, its an awesome car, I will try to get pictures of it up tonight.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by MAX420
Cool this must be his 5th time getting mentioned on the Org, his license plate reads " TWISTA " right ? I met the guy once in the Whitestone movie theaters, His rear tails are clear bmw 3 series taillights, its an awesome car, I will try to get pictures of it up tonight.
Say a custom job like that, does anyone know around how much that would cost?
Old 03-30-2002, 02:25 PM

nyce maxima - i doubt it was the same maxima that you sold cause this one was still running good the other day, the guy looks like he drives pretty careful. Can't see the pics either.

max420 - i didn't get a look at his plates, but from your description, it sounds like it might be him, i checked out some bmw tails and they look pretty identical, hope you get those pics up, that car was dang sweet. The guy who owns it was a indian looking guy, right?

maxima_dumby - you should look at the bmw tails first, i mean in person, put them next to your tails and compare and see what amount of work needs to be done. They don't look it'll be too expensive though, rather similar.
Old 03-30-2002, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Sudesh
nyce maxima - i doubt it was the same maxima that you sold cause this one was still running good the other day, the guy looks like he drives pretty careful. Can't see the pics either.

max420 - i didn't get a look at his plates, but from your description, it sounds like it might be him, i checked out some bmw tails and they look pretty identical, hope you get those pics up, that car was dang sweet. The guy who owns it was a indian looking guy, right?

maxima_dumby - you should look at the bmw tails first, i mean in person, put them next to your tails and compare and see what amount of work needs to be done. They don't look it'll be too expensive though, rather similar.

It's funny how when we 3rd gen mod up our cars it somehow end up looking like the BMW's e36. First it's the headlights and now it's the taillights. I bet them beamer boys aren't gonna be too happy about this. The japanese version of the 3 series.
Old 03-30-2002, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by maxima_dumby

It's funny how when we 3rd gen mod up our cars it somehow end up looking like the BMW's e36. First it's the headlights and now it's the taillights. I bet them beamer boys aren't gonna be too happy about this. The japanese version of the 3 series.
hehe..i agree..but i've only heard of one 3rd gen with bimmer tails. When they see their headlights on our cars, what must they think..hehe "look at that bmw wannabe"