3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Farewell to my maxima...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 03:17 PM

Farewell to my maxima...

I was gonna lose it to my sister in 4 months (on her b-day), but it seems my uncle no longer wants his old 89 Pathfinder 4x4. He called up yesterday and told me that he was going to get a pickup truck and didn't have space for the pathfinder anymore. It has 150,xxx miles on it and needs the window regulator replaced. The interior needs some work, but it's got a brand new clutch and the engine is in great condition. I'll be driving up to Dallas from Houston to go pick it up in the next week or so. Then for the next 4 months I'll have 2 vehicles to pick from - The pathfinder or the maxima. Truthfully, I wouldn't have taken the pathfinder, but he's giving it to me for free. I'll keep it for another year and get rid of it right before my freshman year in college. Then I'll go out and get the car I've wanted all along - an RX7 TII. Oh well, the maxima was starting to bug me anyway. At least I learned a lot from it.
Old 03-30-2002, 03:35 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Farewell to my maxima...

You're in Houston?

To you ever go to the ICCH thing wednesday nights at cartoys?
Old 03-30-2002, 06:50 PM

Re: Re: Farewell to my maxima...

Originally posted by blackandwhite
You're in Houston?

To you ever go to the ICCH thing wednesday nights at cartoys?
Aren't they satruday nights? I go to the board, but I've never gone to any of the meetings. When I get my RX7 i probably will.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:07 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Re: Farewell to my maxima...

Originally posted by Gamezilla

Aren't they satruday nights? I go to the board, but I've never gone to any of the meetings. When I get my RX7 i probably will.
They might do staurdays too, but they do a dinner wednesday, then go to cartoys around 10pm
Old 03-31-2002, 04:35 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Farewell to my maxima...

freshman year in college. Then I'll go out and get the car I've wanted all along - an RX7 TII.
in your freshman year?$$??$$??

can you just give your sister the pathfinder and you keep the max?
Old 03-31-2002, 11:05 AM

Re: Re: Farewell to my maxima...

Originally posted by N34JZ

in your freshman year?$$??$$??

can you just give your sister the pathfinder and you keep the max?
or i was gonna say sell the max and pathfinder, buy a better max (ahem VE) then enjoy that and start saving for the RX7...i wouldnt want to have my dream car at this age, make it a long term goal
Old 03-31-2002, 01:02 PM

Unfortunately RX7 TII's are very hard to find as it is. If I wait too long, it's just gonna make it even harder to find. And TII's are only $5k or so. I was going to get one later this summer, but the pathfinder got dropped on me. The maxima's in crappy condition. My mom beat that thing into the ground. It's an auto with very little options. My dad is gonna sell it in 6 months anyway, even if I didn't have the oportunity to get the pathfinder.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

aren't those rotarys a little more "involved" when it comes to maintenence?? especially since you're buying used! personally I wouldn't want that extra responsibility if I was a freshman in college...my Max has been rather good to me maintenence wise through my 3 years of school so far, personally I'd stay with something a little more "managable" through the college years...
Old 03-31-2002, 01:50 PM

Neither would I, try to find a Supra MKIII. They look basically the same . Except the Supra doesn't have a rotary engine so it won't cost too much for repairs. If ya stick w/ the RX-7, try lookin at Ebay Motors.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
aren't those rotarys a little more "involved" when it comes to maintenence?? especially since you're buying used! personally I wouldn't want that extra responsibility if I was a freshman in college...my Max has been rather good to me maintenence wise through my 3 years of school so far, personally I'd stay with something a little more "managable" through the college years...
it wouldnt be that costly if you were a hard core DIY'er

i had no clue that gamezilla or bk&wht are from houston, haha

hay gamezilla, over by my area i saw a white TII in some used car sales lot. it caught my eye. because i used to want a TII really bad. now im looking at SC 400's but if u want i could swing down by that place and check it out for ya
Old 04-01-2002, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by mykizism

it wouldnt be that costly if you were a hard core DIY'er

i had no clue that gamezilla or bk&wht are from houston, haha

hay gamezilla, over by my area i saw a white TII in some used car sales lot. it caught my eye. because i used to want a TII really bad. now im looking at SC 400's but if u want i could swing down by that place and check it out for ya
Where and how much?
Old 04-01-2002, 12:13 PM

Where and how much?
i dont know how much it is.. but its a really small used car place on 1960, by jones rd... about 5 miles from willow brook mall
Old 04-01-2002, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by mykizism

i dont know how much it is.. but its a really small used car place on 1960, by jones rd... about 5 miles from willow brook mall
That is REALLY close to me. I'll see if I can go check it out. I'm going up to the mall tommarow and I'll just zip up there to check it out. If it's too good of an offer to turn down, it's gonna take some convincing to let my mom let me buy it and not take the pathfinder.