3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

overheat when the AC its off

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 08:57 PM

overheat when the AC its off

I have noticed that the overheat only its when the AC its ofF. The FAns not turn on when the AC its off. when its heat I turn the AC on and the fans turn on too and the car gets his normal temp.
What do you think its bad?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:02 AM

anyone?????!!
Old 04-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

coolant temp sensor
replace it, clean the terminals on the plug.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:07 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by catman316
anyone?????!!
give people a little time to see your post. we're not here to serve you. this is excatly what i'm talking about when people don't answer posts...well in this case as quickly as the poster would like.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DanNY

give people a little time to see your post. we're not here to serve you. this is excatly what i'm talking about when people don't answer posts...well in this case as quickly as the poster would like.

does the regular fan come on? I am guessing that the car over heat because the fan is not working. Also, a simple test, check your fuse.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:00 AM
I'm needing a caw

Well you know the fans work so it's not that. When the AC is "on", the fans come online no matter what. But when the AC is "off", the fans only come online when the temperature is hot enough. So Dan's suggestion is sound. There also might be a relay that is not functioning. You really should get a Nissan or generic service manual
Old 04-17-2002, 11:54 AM

If you dont notice I did that to put my tread up in the forum and was like 10 hours after i post it, when I know they where people that will help me. Dont post only to talk stupid things if you will not help.

And all the other people that help, I will check my relay and my coolant tem sensor. Where its the sensor located?

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:25 PM
STFU n00b!

If you dont notice I did that to put my tread up in the forum and was like 10 hours after i post it, when I know they where people that will help me. Dont post only to talk stupid things if you will not help.

And all the other people that help, I will check my relay and my coolant tem sensor. Where its the sensor located?

Thanks a lot!
you post a question at 11pm, and then expect a response by 8am the next morning? yeah, there are people that are up all hours of the night, but the ones that usually answer these types of questions were asleep by then.

I guess we're now obligated to stay up all night and answer questions just because if we don't sleep, we'll miss our time limit of 8 hours to respond.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Thanks a lot!
10 hrs...yes we don't sleep...we're on here 24/7 JUST FOR YOU.

i didn't post to talk stupid things...I POSTED AND GAVE YOU A POSSIBLE SOLUTION!! yes that was also me that told you to check the coolant temp sensor. so please spare me the drama. my car runs fine..you're the one that have the overheating problem.

i would tell u where the temp sensor is located..but i don't want to talk stupid. so i'll let u figure that out...deal?
Old 04-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Matt93SE

you post a question at 11pm, and then expect a response by 8am the next morning? yeah, there are people that are up all hours of the night, but the ones that usually answer these types of questions were asleep by then.

I guess we're now obligated to stay up all night and answer questions just because if we don't sleep, we'll miss our time limit of 8 hours to respond.
no matt..it's our job to stay up all hours at night to post answers. sorry we lost your paycheck again...so no soup for u!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:38 PM
STFU n00b!

no matt..it's our job to stay up all hours at night to post answers. sorry we lost your paycheck again...so no soup for u!
damn.. and I was hungry too.. haven't eaten in two days because I haven't had time for a lunch break.. in here answering questions for all these wonderful people while my boss too the rest of my co-workers out to lunch.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:04 PM

I didnt said stay online to reply my post!!!!
If you dont want to post dont post I know there are people that want to help that will post.

and if dont know im not from USA so there are a couple of hours of diference.

I Danny I find were is the temp sensor.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

If you dont want to post dont post I know there are people that want to help that will post.

ok so you're from another country..and you know about 90% of the population of the BBS is in the US. so wouldn't it make sense that ok well they must be sleeping..i'll give it a few hours during the day time.

seriously if it wasn't me you think someone would answer your post? did someone jump up and answer your question? yes..it was me.

ya know..i'll do you a favor...i won't answer any of your questions in the future. so we won't run into this problem in the future. no more fighting or discussion of "stupid things"..sounds like a plan to me.

great you found the sensor...now was it that difficult?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ok so you're from another country..and you know about 90% of the population of the BBS is in the US. so wouldn't it make sense that ok well they must be sleeping..i'll give it a few hours during the day time.

seriously if it wasn't me you think someone would answer your post? did someone jump up and answer your question? yes..it was me.

ya know..i'll do you a favor...i won't answer any of your questions in the future. so we won't run into this problem in the future. no more fighting or discussion of "stupid things"..sounds like a plan to me.

great you found the sensor...now was it that difficult?

let's end this on a good note...you can continue the thread...i'm not going to reply. good day/afternoon.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:06 PM

Hey man, take it easy.

This is going too far, I just reply to my won tread because to every body see it, You reply to it and thanks for it but you dont have to tell me that the people are not to service me and that stuff, I know the people are not for my service, we are here to help each other.
If you dont want to reply my other theads thats sorry about that, mabe I can live with that.