3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Let the summer Modding start!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 09:21 AM

Let the summer Modding start!

ok what is every one looking foward to do with there car this spring?

im getting a "real" CAI (one from an accord), and a strut bar very soon ... during the summer i think im going to get a underdrive pully or a Y pipe... but im not sure what one to get...

would i feel a stronger gain form the Y pipe?
Old 04-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Large Member

Intake, WSP y, carsound/random tech cat (not sure which), Borla turbo muffler, VB mod, performance TC ecu and a crap-load of other mods. Though, I don't know if I can do all that since I need money for school AND I'm rebuilding a Porsche! I'll at least do the y, intake and borla.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:18 AM

I am getting a greddy exaust cai and clear corners for sure.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:50 AM

Suspension Tech Springs, y-pipe, maybe e-36 headlight conversion. Possibly struts too.
Chris
Old 04-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Large Member

Samabra, you'll love those Sus. Tech. springs! I know I do. They do a 1.5" drop and make the 3rd gen's look like they should have from the factory.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Ford Only.

I am pretty much fully modded. I will just put the CAI and High Flow Cat on, the have been sitting in my living room for while, I am lazy.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

all I have to say is....
Old 04-19-2002, 01:16 PM

If work is good ...Springs(not sure which ones yet), Tokico Shocks, Stillen Front Lip and maybe just maybe two 5 inch Tv's in the headrest
Old 04-19-2002, 01:22 PM

definitly warpspeed ss y-pipe, highflow cat, b-pipe to a dtm muffler. definitly new z-rated tires. havent decided what im gonna do with the interior, but something. maybe headlight conversion. depending on money situations either the stillen kit or possibly the one that theyre trying to get the group deal on for.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:50 PM
WiC

I'll be installing my new engine and turbocharging my Maxima.

-Kaleb
Old 04-19-2002, 01:52 PM

This summer i will be getting a Stillen Body kit, and NOS. Hell ya
Old 04-19-2002, 02:03 PM

Re: Let the summer Modding start!

Originally posted by ChrisCheezer

im getting a "real" CAI (one from an accord), and a strut bar very soon ... during the summer i think im going to get a underdrive pully or a Y pipe... but im not sure what one to get...

Getting rid of my max, getting a 96 civic, (mods- B18C head with D16 bottom-end, Greddy T3/4, NOS, JG Edelbrock intake manifold, HKS catback exh. AEM fuel rail, aem fuel pump. aem cam gears, JE pistond racing heads, crowder rods and rings UD flywheel, 5 puck racing clutch, larger injectors, ported throtle body, fuel managment system, boost controller should i go on...... but afcaurse it wont take one summer, maybe 2, (but the the best thing about it they actually make all of that for the civic, unlike swapping a cheap accord intake into a maxima.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:26 PM

i know your not dissing on a MAX on a MAX forum. If you want to talk about your civic got to www.civic.org not www.maxima.org!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 02:29 PM

Re: Re: Let the summer Modding start!

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

Getting rid of my max, getting a 96 civic, (mods- B18C head with D16 bottom-end, Greddy T3/4, NOS, JG Edelbrock intake manifold, HKS catback exh. AEM fuel rail, aem fuel pump. aem cam gears, JE pistond racing heads, crowder rods and rings UD flywheel, 5 puck racing clutch, larger injectors, ported throtle body, fuel managment system, boost controller should i go on...... but afcaurse it wont take one summer, maybe 2, (but the the best thing about it they actually make all of that for the civic, unlike swapping a cheap accord intake into a maxima.
ummmmmmm guess we lost another one to the dark side. But WOW, sounds impressive but knowing that it's a civic and the history of civic owners, you most likely gonna just end up getting the stickers for those mods and nawwwwws
Old 04-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

what happen to your "super cheap" VG-T setup you were supposedly building???

Old 04-19-2002, 03:57 PM

I think you're stupid...IMHO.

im glad you're getting rid of the max, one less ricer messing with our maximas.

my mods for the summer will be VE 5spd(best mod ever) and i will be trying to finish my ..... <--just like da-max
Old 04-19-2002, 04:09 PM

Been working on ...

Pepping up the max. It had been sitting for 6+ months; been driving the new urban attack vehicle.

The CAI is installed. The 17" Enkei CDR9s are on with Kumho 215/45/R17s. The whole trunk is raam matted with 1 50 sq ft roll. Optima yellow top battery's in. *thinking* about a y-pipe (no racing here; it's a VG auto).

Got my brushed aluminum dash kit today . BMW lights are still waiting their turn. It'd be nice if Brandon90gxe would divulge some of his secrets on the demon eyes Replcement sunroof to be installed; window regulators to be installed; DEH7400MP waiting to be installed. Putting back the 15" Kicker Freeair & Pioneer EQ6500...(all pioneer speakers; 6x9 speakers in rear and 6.5 component set in front; all mtx amps 2 thunder 4122 and 1 8302).

Already cleaned throttle body.

*pant*

All this = wife is demanding a gift.
Old 04-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by DA-MAX
all I have to say is....
More stickers huh?
Old 04-19-2002, 04:23 PM

My mods for this summer will be

New 2001 se 16 rims
new tires
Y-pipe
CAI
UDP
Full tune up( spark plug, wires, cap rotor)
Throtle body clean
eibach springs
KYbs
FSTB

Every thing it´s here but the springs and struts.

Cant wait next week
Old 04-19-2002, 04:36 PM

uh...
fstb the next couple weeks
exhaust and cai by the summer
multimedia system is the summer project
dvd hu, comp setup in the trunk, 3 screens, and a few other gadgets hopefully
possibly the bodykit deal N34JZ's working on.
rims by the end of summer and every suspension mod i can find...
Old 04-19-2002, 04:37 PM

Re: Been working on ...

Originally posted by FrankBattle
Pepping up the max. It had been sitting for 6+ months; been driving the new urban attack vehicle.

The CAI is installed. The 17" Enkei CDR9s are on with Kumho 215/45/R17s. The whole trunk is raam matted with 1 50 sq ft roll. Optima yellow top battery's in. *thinking* about a y-pipe (no racing here; it's a VG auto).

Got my brushed aluminum dash kit today . BMW lights are still waiting their turn. It'd be nice if Brandon90gxe would divulge some of his secrets on the demon eyes Replcement sunroof to be installed; window regulators to be installed; DEH7400MP waiting to be installed. Putting back the 15" Kicker Freeair & Pioneer EQ6500...(all pioneer speakers; 6x9 speakers in rear and 6.5 component set in front; all mtx amps 2 thunder 4122 and 1 8302).

Already cleaned throttle body.

*pant*

All this = wife is demanding a gift.
Forgot to mention: tokico/eibach combination on already. new front rotors and pads. Rear rotors resurfaced. All calipers painted yellow.
Old 04-19-2002, 04:48 PM

hmmmm mods this summer jus little junk for now next summer have enough cash for Rims, ST springs/GR2's, WSP y-pipe, other junk
Save money up for my 17x8 black ice RTs
clarion 725 cd player
Mb Quart components
paint interior pieces silver
Luminescent blue gauge needles
hyperwhite int bulbs all around
hyperwhite headlights
blue 10" neon rods underneath dash
Old 04-19-2002, 05:03 PM

-clears will go on next weekend along with a MAJOR wash and meguiars 3 step cleaning
-fixing all my stupid little problems (loose spoiler edges, pwr antenna)
-hopefully the 4th gen 5 spokes by memorial day weekend
-custom leather door panel inserts to match the seats
-tinting (after this hot week in the NE im craving the tint...my black leather roasts)
-FSTB
Old 04-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by maxse91
More stickers huh?
you know it....heres the first one I'll be ordering....

Old 04-19-2002, 08:58 PM

LOL LOL
Old 04-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Let the summer Modding start!

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
LOL
Old 04-19-2002, 09:12 PM

Tokico struts
ST springs
ST F&R sways
Stillen front crossed drilled rotors
Metal master pads
A/F gauge
Fuel pressure gauge
Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump
SARD Fuel regulator
Harlem shift light
This stuff is all siting around or in the mail. I plan to bore the TB and intake manifold this summer. Then maybe subframes, high flow cat, b-pipe, then im basically maxed out on bolt-ons. Prolly JWT ecu or research some engine internals to handle some boost.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:25 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Booner8269
Harlem shift light
hehehe...I think its its "Harlen", not Harlem!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:33 PM

hehehe...I think its its "Harlen", not Harlem!
oops, oops i crapped my pants....haha SNL is great
Old 04-19-2002, 09:45 PM

LOL, some of you are funny,

its a 89' the car is 13 year old, i had for 3 years, did enough mods and tune to run 15's on it. time to let go of this old junk. Maxima was a good car, but now its just too old and everything is outdated.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:56 PM

its a 89' the car is 13 year old, i had for 3 years, did enough mods and tune to run 15's on it. time to let go of this old junk. Maxima was a good car, but now its just too old and everything is outdated.
so sell it and buy yourself a newer max
buying a honduhhhh and making it fast is almost pointless. Everything is already there, that makes it a very effortless and a unrewarding quest. Now if you have a maxima and made it a 12 or 13 second car, that the rewards are sooooo much more. So in conclusion screw your head back one and get yourself a 94 se 5 speed and or a 4th gen. Just stay away from honduhhhhh, they make your iq drop a good 100 points.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:31 PM

Wanna know something funny if you think a 3rd gen is outdated look at the D16 powered civics. Not only do they not respond as well to bolt ons as our engines do but they require either a blower or nitrous to run low-mid 15s LOL. Sure you can open a catalog and buy any bodykit/tail lights and intake/header/exhaust. Now the SI's are the civics to get. Also to be fast NA with a civic requires a motor swap at least. So let's say a B16A is dropped into a civic or hell a B18C. Now U have a car that is quick, but you just dropped over $3k to do it. However different strokes for different folks. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:41 PM

Re: Let the summer Modding start!

Originally posted by ChrisCheezer

definately get the y-pipe. no question about it. MUCH more noticable than the udp. plus the udp is giving me some problems (i think).

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=113858

mods to come:
new rotors and pads
full tune up
fuel press/af gauges
do some researching w/ "friends" on the "T" word (....turbo)
possible 5-speed conversion (or buy one if i can find one)

once all of that's done.... dink the car up a little more and enjoy the ultimate sleeper.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:57 PM

Maximum5spd, i hear you man. Dont get me wrong, i dont like ricers either, but hes got a point. Plus, I have respect for a car that can beat mine. Face it guys, theres just not much you can do to a max without spending serious money. There is so much stuff you can do to those things to make them fast, and spend less money. Why do all of us do these things to our 3rd Gen. Maximas, UDP's CAI's, boost? To make them fast. You want to be the f**king fastest out there, everybody does. You just cant do that with a 3rd gen. SO, Maximum5spd, I hear you. IM not going to buy a Honda, but Maximum, I respect your decision, and Im not going to hate like these guys.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:06 PM

but....

everybody likes sleepers.....

it's a GREAT feeling having a 4-door family sedan that can beat a lot of ricers.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:09 PM

Re: but....

Originally posted by poorcollegeboy
everybody likes sleepers.....

it's a GREAT feeling having a 4-door family sedan that can beat a lot of ricers.
is that why nissan came out with a 4 door skyline, hoping to catch them hondoh boys off guard
Old 04-19-2002, 11:13 PM

Re: Re: but....

Originally posted by maxima_dumby

is that why nissan came out with a 4 door skyline, hoping to catch them hondoh boys off guard
we already do that
Old 04-19-2002, 11:14 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

in "general" when you compare options for boosting our cars with most of todays cars(Civics, 96-2k Maxs, etc.) using one of the many $3-4000 kits out there....there isn't much difference in price. only real difference I see is that you get more piece of mind when you turbo a Civic as opposed to a 3rd gen Maxima, since countless others have ALREADY done it compared to the 4-5 Max owners who have or are in the process...but then again not all cars respond the same to FI so there really is no 100% piece of mind....BLAH!

okay, I'm rambling, time for bed......whatever anyone here decides to do on their Max or whatever, I hope it actally gets done!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by DA-MAX

okay, I'm rambling, time for bed......whatever anyone here decides to do on their Max or whatever, I hope it actally gets done!!!
That goes for you as well !
Old 04-20-2002, 01:57 AM

i just thought you were dumb because you would want to keep the stock block and just swap the heads, very geigh and it is hard to get the vtec head to work with the non-vtec block. and all the mods you had listed sounded....somewhat ricey, like you were listing things as you read through the pages of SCC or something.

Quick Reply: Let the summer Modding start!