3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Front Bumper Difference

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 06:48 PM

Front Bumper Difference

I am new to the group and this is my first post.

First I want to say this is a top notch web site and it has realy helped me a lot.

I just purchased my first Maxima. It's a 91 SE and is in great condition except for some minor body problems which I am currently working on. The bigest problem is the front bumper cover is cracked from top to bottom on the passenger side. I have called a few salvage yards and found some bumper covers and complete bumpers in good condition for between $75 and $125.

Now before I start treking all over creation tomorrow, can someone tell me if there are major differences between the front bumper of the SE and GXE? My car has Fog lights. Did any GXEs come with fog lights? Can I get a bumper or bumper cover from a car without foglights and easily mount my fog lights back in without too much trouble?

So far I love this car. It is the only car I have ever owned that one person with a screwdriver and a single wrench could remove the bumper, grill and lights in less than an hour without ever working on the car before.

Thanks in advance
mike
Old 05-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Front Bumper Difference

Originally posted by mschlott
I am new to the group and this is my first post.

First I want to say this is a top notch web site and it has realy helped me a lot.

I just purchased my first Maxima. It's a 91 SE and is in great condition except for some minor body problems which I am currently working on. The bigest problem is the front bumper cover is cracked from top to bottom on the passenger side. I have called a few salvage yards and found some bumper covers and complete bumpers in good condition for between $75 and $125.

Now before I start treking all over creation tomorrow, can someone tell me if there are major differences between the front bumper of the SE and GXE? My car has Fog lights. Did any GXEs come with fog lights? Can I get a bumper or bumper cover from a car without foglights and easily mount my fog lights back in without too much trouble?

So far I love this car. It is the only car I have ever owned that one person with a screwdriver and a single wrench could remove the bumper, grill and lights in less than an hour without ever working on the car before.

Thanks in advance
mike
as far as I know, they are mostly the same
GXE dont come stock with fogs but could have been added as a dealer option
all SEs came stock with fogs

if you get a GXE bumper, there will be an obvious line where you can cut out to fit the stock fogs in, also, there is a black bar that goes between the fogs (or just below the bumper for those without fogs); this is different for GXE/SE but it's just the length that differs, if you get a GXE one, you can just cut the edges to make it fit between the lights

I think the rest of the part is the same

good luck and welcome
Old 05-17-2002, 02:12 PM

Re: Re: Front Bumper Difference

Thanks for the info. I bought a an entire bumper today for $100. It looks like it is from a GXE that had fog lamps added.

I now have a complete bumper minus the lights, with a bad cover for free to the first person to let me know you want it and come pick it up. It is in plano TX.

Thanks again
mike

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

as far as I know, they are mostly the same
GXE dont come stock with fogs but could have been added as a dealer option
all SEs came stock with fogs

good luck and welcome