3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

take a look at my max!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Maxima91

take a look at my max!

hi, i just finished this site of mine on cardomain.com, i own a 1990 maxima and i love it as you all love yours! here are some pics of it, im thinking of getting a paint job {nicer one} and maybe put on some of those ground affects or body kits {not sure what they are}, if u could take alook and see if i can do it and if it would be a good idea? if so, can anyone give me a site name of a place where they sell body kits or whatever and some pics to see what they have, thanks a lot

Old 05-21-2002, 12:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

may wanna add a link or something, just a bit of advice.
MrGone
Old 05-21-2002, 07:42 AM

Re: take a look at my max!

Originally posted by Maxima91
hi, i just finished this site of mine on cardomain.com, i own a 1990 maxima and i love it as you all love yours! here are some pics of it, im thinking of getting a paint job {nicer one} and maybe put on some of those ground affects or body kits {not sure what they are}, if u could take alook and see if i can do it and if it would be a good idea? if so, can anyone give me a site name of a place where they sell body kits or whatever and some pics to see what they have, thanks a lot
I sell wings and body kits, and can hook you up with other org members for anything else I don't sell...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:41 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Geoff, I might wanna hook up with you to get a WW front end (isn't that what you have??). Of course, that's all dependent on the money situation. Let me know about a price. Just PM me, I'll get back to ya...
Old 05-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Maxima91

Re: Re: take a look at my max!

Originally posted by nismo1989

I sell wings and body kits, and can hook you up with other org members for anything else I don't sell...
i dont think u got my msg.. anyway, ill say it again, do u have any pics of 1990s maxs body kits or ground affects, or where to get them? i dont know much about all this and i just wanted to make mine look better like everyone elses.. thanks

Ryan

Old 05-21-2002, 07:48 PM

take a look around maxima.cardomain.com youre bound to find pics of 3rd gens with kits...IMO i would never put a body kit on mine, looks too tacky, id only do a moderate drop which looks alot cleaner
Old 05-21-2002, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Maximan190
take a look around maxima.cardomain.com youre bound to find pics of 3rd gens with kits...IMO i would never put a body kit on mine, looks too tacky, id only do a moderate drop which looks alot cleaner
Tacky? hahaha. Cars that have rims and aren't lowered look tacky.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by White93SE

Tacky? hahaha. Cars that have rims and aren't lowered look tacky.
since when is it an implied "rule" that whenever you put rims on a car you HAVE to lower it? At least im not at stock height with a body kit... Lowering is something im considering doing this summer, dependent on the $ factor. If the whole lowering bit were solely for looks i would probably not buy them but since they do improve handling/feel thats probably 70% of the reason im thinking of buying them...and im not talkin "slammed" thats probably something you'd do truthfully i dont even mind the car too much at its stock height with these rims appearancewise, i like it so it stays for now, period.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:16 PM

since when is it an implied "rule" that whenever you put rims on a car you HAVE to lower it? At least im not at stock height with a body kit... Lowering is something im considering doing this summer, dependent on the $ factor. If the whole lowering bit were solely for looks i would probably not buy them but since they do improve handling/feel thats probably 70% of the reason im thinking of buying them...and im not talkin "slammed" thats probably something you'd do truthfully i dont even mind the car too much at its stock height with these rims appearancewise, i like it so it stays for now, period.
It's not an implied "rule", but it looks tacky to have a car on rims that's you could take wheelin' on the weekends.

Stock height with a body kit? That's tacky too. I never said you need to slam a car to make it look nice. My car is riding on Tokicos and Eibachs with the WW kit, there is nothing tacky about it.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:18 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Lets see the rims are FACTORY 4th gen. wheels which aren't lowered (as a matter of fact they look like a 4x4) so why would it look bad on a 3rd gen. when they have a decent ride height stock?

I like the kits though but thats my personal choice (stillen) that doesnt mean everyone else has to like it.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by awsm66

Lets see the rims are FACTORY 4th gen. wheels which aren't lowered (as a matter of fact they look like a 4x4) so why would it look bad on a 3rd gen. when they have a decent ride height stock?

I like the kits though but thats my personal choice (stillen) that doesnt mean everyone else has to like it.
now if i had a 4th gen, its spring/strut time ASAP but the 3rd gen height is more bearable...if for some distant ungodly chance on this earth id get a body kit id also choose stillen. This doesnt mean that i dont like other maxs here with body kits, some i like some i dont but i most likely wont put a kit on mine