3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

do I have the right cai kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002 | 04:08 PM

do I have the right cai kit?

Ok I have a 92 se (I beleive that's the vg engine right?) I bought a cai kit used off of some guy on here that said it was the right kit. Part of it is allready on the car just not the peice that goes into the fender, a mecanic was allready working on the car so I gave the the cai to him to see if he could put it on and that's all he did. I did a search on it to see if I could do the rest myself. I took the other peice to the car and it didn't look like it was going to the right place and the peice doesn't look the the peice in the write up from the search. The peice has the same basic shap but at one end of it has a slight angle to it, I wish i had a camera but I don't. what I was thinking maybe the guy sold me a kit for a 4th or 5th gen maxima. Hell I don't know, gimmie some input!
thanx
oh one other thing the kit didn't come with the template for the hole what should I do?
Old 05-23-2002 | 04:54 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Re: do I have the right cai kit?

Originally posted by lowmax4
Ok I have a 92 se (I beleive that's the vg engine right?) I bought a cai kit used off of some guy on here that said it was the right kit. Part of it is allready on the car just not the peice that goes into the fender, a mecanic was allready working on the car so I gave the the cai to him to see if he could put it on and that's all he did. I did a search on it to see if I could do the rest myself. I took the other peice to the car and it didn't look like it was going to the right place and the peice doesn't look the the peice in the write up from the search. The peice has the same basic shap but at one end of it has a slight angle to it, I wish i had a camera but I don't. what I was thinking maybe the guy sold me a kit for a 4th or 5th gen maxima. Hell I don't know, gimmie some input!
thanx
oh one other thing the kit didn't come with the template for the hole what should I do?
Well you're screwed. If you have a 92 SE you have the VE engine, NOT the VG. From the sounds of it you bought a VG CAI and of course that isnt going to fit.
Old 05-23-2002 | 04:58 PM

yup you have a VE not a VG. Before buying the CAI kit you could've made sure by using the SEARCH FUNCTION!. Now you have to deal with returning it and waiting for the new CAI.
Old 05-23-2002 | 05:02 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

guys I doubt he has the VG kit because he said "part of it is already on the car" and there is no way any parts from the VG kit will fit the VE.

I think he has the TB to MAF pipe on, but is just confused by the TB to fender pipe piece and doesn't understand how that will fit into the fender. I know Matt93se has some good pics of the CAI install on a VE he can help, but use the search he has posted the pics before!
Old 05-23-2002 | 06:35 PM

ok I know I don't have the vg kit because it has kind of a s shape to it, and this one has a u shape but the end looks different. I looked at the pictures matt93se posted and the tubing just doesn't look the same. I bet it's the right kit I was just being a worry wort. now does anyone know where I can get a template for cutting the hole?
Corey
Old 05-24-2002 | 06:07 PM

thanx
how about selling that cai to me, i have a vg.
Old 05-25-2002 | 09:25 AM
To them I'm like an idol

thanx
Are sure you have an SE? Or maybe you have a 91 and it's still a VG. Click on my "Homepage" and see if your engine looks mine. And by the way, that 2nd pipe will defineately not fit without the hole drilled. Did the mechanic know that the hole has to be drilled. Look at the pictures on my site.
Old 05-25-2002 | 09:58 AM

it's an se

I know I have the se and it is a 92 so that means I have the twin cam ve, I know this for a fact. And I also know that you need to drill a hole for the second peice to fit I just need the templat for the hole. I'm sure i have the ve ingine because my brother has a 91 se and it has the vg. And I have to have the right kit because the first peice is already on the car so I just need the template that's all.
Old 05-25-2002 | 10:16 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: it's an se

I know I have the se and it is a 92 so that means I have the twin cam ve, I know this for a fact. And I also know that you need to drill a hole for the second peice to fit I just need the templat for the hole. I'm sure i have the ve ingine because my brother has a 91 se and it has the vg. And I have to have the right kit because the first peice is already on the car so I just need the template that's all.
Call place racing there is a link on my homepage they can fax you the pattern
Old 05-26-2002 | 06:06 PM

Re: Re: it's an se

does anyone have a fax machine?
Old 05-26-2002 | 07:57 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Re: it's an se

does anyone have a fax machine?
Do you have a fax modem in your computer?
Old 05-26-2002 | 08:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: it's an se

I have no idea, how can I tell?
Old 05-26-2002 | 09:48 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: it's an se

I have no idea, how can I tell?
How do you connect to the internet? Do you dial in somewhere, or do you have DSL or a cable modem?

If you dial in, then you have a fax modem. There should be some faxing software somewhere on your computer. You can receive faxes by running that program, and then telling the person to send the fax. The program should receive the fax, and then you can view and print it.