3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Fouled up injectors.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 AM

Fouled up injectors.....

My car is misfiring when I first start it up, but then stops once I get on my way and then idles perfectly when stopped. Dealer says that my injectors are fouled up and wants me to do a $100 "Justice Brothers" fuel system cleaner that will blow all the crap out of there. I bought some injector cleaner for $5 and ran it through, but it's too early to tell if it's working yet. Have any of you guys done this stuff?
Old 05-31-2002, 09:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My car just started miss-firing the other day, and now is constantly running off 5 cylinders. I am about to R&R the injector, but let me know if the cleaner works!
Old 06-03-2002, 03:04 AM

Don't think it's working

I've put 2 bottles of "Outlaw" fuel injector cleaner and 1 bottle of STP Fuel Injector Cleaner in there and nothing seems to be working. It actually hasn't done it since I put the STP in there, but I'm sure it's just a fluke....it'll do it again. Have you tried to get any prices on replacing your injectors? I'm going to look into buying rebuilt ones. I still haven't figured out if I'm going to buy a whole set or if I'm just going to try to replace the bad one (which ever one that is).
Old 06-03-2002, 09:41 AM

Re: Fouled up injectors.....

The stuff that the dealer recommends is probably more potent and he is probably recommending it because your injectors are clogged pretty bad from what you've described. I took my car in to a shop and they did a 70$ injector job. They did it directly to the fuel line. You could see smoke shooting out the exhaust... noticeable difference afterwards in acceleration and mpg.

Originally posted by KCMax
My car is misfiring when I first start it up, but then stops once I get on my way and then idles perfectly when stopped. Dealer says that my injectors are fouled up and wants me to do a $100 "Justice Brothers" fuel system cleaner that will blow all the crap out of there. I bought some injector cleaner for $5 and ran it through, but it's too early to tell if it's working yet. Have any of you guys done this stuff?