3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

window tint pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 05:42 AM

window tint pics

does anybody know of a site i could go to, to compare tints, i kinda wanna see what different kinds look like
thanks
Old 06-13-2002, 07:30 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: window tint pics

Originally posted by cinemaxima
does anybody know of a site i could go to, to compare tints, i kinda wanna see what different kinds look like
thanks
well I dont think youll see much differance in brands(as long as they are decent) but if you mean opacity, you wont see much diff unless your comparing like 50%(lighter) and 5%(darker)
Old 06-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: window tint pics

Originally posted by N34JZ

well I dont think youll see much differance in brands(as long as they are decent) but if you mean opacity, you wont see much diff unless your comparing like 50%(lighter) and 5%(darker)
yeah i'm not sure what this newbie is thinkin here... i'd expect a more legitimate question or concern from this kid; he has a 92 celica w/ 20s, boost, nos, tvs, neons, body kit, coilovers, dash, you name it....

psych, his car blows *****
Old 06-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Window Tint

Try WWW.GILA.COM
Old 06-13-2002, 07:57 AM

Re: Window Tint

Originally posted by Nissan-R
Try WWW.GILA.COM
thats for something else and not tint and i have a question too what is this 5%darker and 50%lightr what is that i am going to tint the windows so i need some suggestions. I also heard that you can't only do the rear Passanger window and the rear window but not the front window legally is that true?? Thanks All the reply will be appereciated Thanks oh yeah i am thinking of doing silver tint instad of black cause i am also painting my car silver so might as well do silver tint.. Maxima rocks
Old 06-13-2002, 08:00 AM

Re: Re: Window Tint

Originally posted by Terry28

thats for something else and not tint and i have a question too what is this 5%darker and 50%lightr what is that i am going to tint the windows so i need some suggestions. I also heard that you can't only do the rear Passanger window and the rear window but not the front window legally is that true?? Thanks All the reply will be appereciated Thanks oh yeah i am thinking of doing silver tint instad of black cause i am also painting my car silver so might as well do silver tint.. Maxima rocks
i meant u can only do the rear windows and not the front driver and passanger side and front windshield but uu can do all rear window legally is that true. and if u do tint all the window except the front windshield are u going to get a ticket?? Maxima rocks!!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:35 AM

it all depends in what state you live in...in GA, you can have tint all around except tha front windshield...has to be 25% at the most, no darker...but that law is broken a lot and you never really see anyone get pulled over unless its like 5% all around....as far as a site, go here.. http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=laws it explains everything you are askin and you can go to the online tint demo they have and compare the different %'s.....5% being darkest and lettin only 5% of the sun shine through the tint and so forth...hope that helps what you're lookin for!!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

umm

that silver mirror tint is cheap, my tint guy says it chips off all the time, IMO its also kinda played out. but if you want it go for it, but I dont think many places will do the whole window with that,
Old 06-13-2002, 08:44 AM

i think the mirror (silver or platnium) tint looks good on cars that are that color and maybe on some metallic color cars, but other than that, i'm like you N34...it just doesn't vide wit me!!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by maxdout92se
it all depends in what state you live in...in GA, you can have tint all around except tha front windshield...has to be 25% at the most, no darker...but that law is broken a lot and you never really see anyone get pulled over unless its like 5% all around....as far as a site, go here.. http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=laws it explains everything you are askin and you can go to the online tint demo they have and compare the different %'s.....5% being darkest and lettin only 5% of the sun shine through the tint and so forth...hope that helps what you're lookin for!!
thanks for the site just waht i needed.. Maxima rocks!!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:07 AM

thanks for all the reply and for the site http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=Illinois
YEAR INSTATED

TYPE
FILM+GLASS

WINDSHIELD
6"

FRONT SIDE
NO

BACK SIDE-(car)
ANY

BACK SIDE-(MPV)
ANY

REAR-(car)
ANY

REAR-(MPV)
ANY

L&R.MIRROR REQ.
YES

CERTIFICATE REQUIRED
NO

STICKER/LOC
NO

MEDICAL
YES

can u explain me this i just don;t get it Thanks for all the reply and i appereciated..MAxima Rules !!

Old 06-13-2002, 09:43 AM

Calm down, don't get so excited. Look at the page. There is a legend and everything is clearly explained. We are not going to spoon feed you this stuff, just help out as needed.
Old 06-13-2002, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Pervis Anathema
Calm down, don't get so excited. Look at the page. There is a legend and everything is clearly explained. We are not going to spoon feed you this stuff, just help out as needed.
ok thats okay i got it i can't do the front window tint.. thanx Maxima rocks!!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by Terry28
thanks for all the reply and for the site http://autowindowtintings.com/main.cfm?action=Illinois
YEAR INSTATED

TYPE
FILM+GLASS

WINDSHIELD
6"

FRONT SIDE
NO

BACK SIDE-(car)
ANY

BACK SIDE-(MPV)
ANY

REAR-(car)
ANY

REAR-(MPV)
ANY

L&R.MIRROR REQ.
YES

CERTIFICATE REQUIRED
NO

STICKER/LOC
NO

MEDICAL
YES

can u explain me this i just don;t get it Thanks for all the reply and i appereciated..MAxima Rules !!

no offense dude, but for some reason its annoying the way you put "Maxima Rules!!!" at the end of every post, i know its off topic and its not that big a deal, but its kinda buggin me...just felt like throwing that in there...sorry in advance if you're gonna go get your panties in a tussle over it
Old 06-13-2002, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by NickMax

no offense dude, but for some reason its annoying the way you put "Maxima Rules!!!" at the end of every post, i know its off topic and its not that big a deal, but its kinda buggin me...just felt like throwing that in there...sorry in advance if you're gonna go get your panties in a tussle over it
ok i got that Logan is getting old anyway but Maxima still rules..
Old 06-13-2002, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by NickMax