3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

wiring corner and parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 01:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wiring corner and parking lights

Ok, we know the mod to make the corner light always on. Now, is there a way to make both corner and parking lights on, but dim them when the turn signal is flicked? I'm thinking something like this: http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachm...&postid=489950
Will it work?
Jae
Old 06-19-2002, 07:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you did it like that, I would cut the ground wire going to the corner lights

if you look at ours, the ground wire going to both bulbs is the same wire but separates; cut it before it separates if you want both bulbs in your corner lights to function like this or just cut the wire after it separates and only cut the piece going to the larger bulb

connect the end going toward the bulb(s) to the + wire from the blinker
leave the other end (going back into the car) alone; it's just a ground wire so it cant short to chassis ground like a power wire could

then connect the cornering light power to the parking light power wire (not sure if your colors are right in that pic, but check the how-to on my page to be sure) like my rewire. You want to cut the ground wire; if you were to simply splice into it, you'll probably blow a fuse or burn some wiring as you would have ground and power in contention on the same line which isn't good

your corner lights will be always bright when your parking lights are on and then should turn off when you turn on your blinker. That might look kind of neat if you did this and did the blinker rewire where the bulb in the orange part of our corners blinks when you turn on your signal

or you could do it some way where the cornering light just dimmed to the lower filament level (like when stock parking lights are on) but I think that would be confusing for people to see one side bright and the other normal and then turn the opposite way (of course your bumper blinker would still work though)

I obviously haven't tried it, but it should work.

let me know if you do it and it does work

good luck JK