3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Uhh, I bet no one has ever asked this...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 08:15 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Uhh, I bet no one has ever asked this...

Okay, there are numerous threads about the BOSE system. Most are negative.

My question is: Can the BOSE be restore after it is removed? In my new car, someone had already replace the BOSE unit, and put in a JVC head unit. They re-wired the back speakers and replaced them. Same with the front.
My question is can I put the BOSE back? I have 4 working speakers and amps, along with the head unit and factory CD. I also cut the wiring harness out (as far back as I could reach) of my old car.

Is there anything else that I need to make sure I take from the other car, and is there anything that you have to destroy to remove the BOSE, that would be to much trouble to replace with parts from the other car?

Thanks,
Jayson
Old 06-25-2002, 08:43 AM

Re: Uhh, I bet no one has ever asked this...

If you have all the parts (front& rear speaker pods w/built in amps, head unit, original harness) of course it can be done. It does depend on how the guy installed his deck. If he butchered the harness, it might be tough.But I must ask why? That's alot of work to install crappy system. Those speakers don't age very well..bettter off putting in a high powered CD headunit and 4 high quality speakers.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:52 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Uhh, I bet no one has ever asked this...

Originally posted by male
If you have all the parts (front& rear speaker pods w/built in amps, head unit, original harness) of course it can be done. It does depend on how the guy installed his deck. If he butchered the harness, it might be tough.But I must ask why? That's alot of work to install crappy system. Those speakers don't age very well..bettter off putting in a high powered CD headunit and 4 high quality speakers.
Because I have them from my wreck car, and have already had all 4 refurbished, the car didn't come with a face plate for the head unit that is alredy in there.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:55 AM

OK, I guess refurb. BOSE will sound as good as it did new. I can't relate to that though..all the ones I heard had blown speakers.