3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Racing!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 06:19 PM

ok, why do you have to talk about racing a car BEFORE YOU DO IT!!!! Dude, it's pretty obvious. if someone is talkin smack, then race his A$$ and tell us later what happened. If you tell us before come on, don't ask "how do i beat him" easy, you either are faster or you're not. it's that simple. it gets really annoying listening to these questions. i dunno, maybe i'm alone on this.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:28 PM

All depends on the driver in a race I think.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:37 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

nope you're not alone...

but I'm not annoyed(eventhough it happens a lot on the "other" BBS too), Actually I can see someone asking because maybe someone else on here might have raced the car before and the person might want to know what to expect! though that is TOTALLY inconsistent half the time. But like I say, <b>live and learn</B>, if you get beat, thats a cause to research about more powerful mods for your ride!!!! Though losing does suck, nothing is more embarrasing than getting murdered by one of the Top 10 fastest production autos of 2000, the Ford F-150 Lightning!!!(at the time I didn't know how fast the thing was!) it wasn't a pretty sight at all, I watched tailights for 1/4 mile + !!!! :bawl:

Originally posted by flyry110
ok, why do you have to talk about racing a car BEFORE YOU DO IT!!!! Dude, it's pretty obvious. if someone is talkin smack, then race his A$$ and tell us later what happened. If you tell us before come on, don't ask "how do i beat him" easy, you either are faster or you're not. it's that simple. it gets really annoying listening to these questions. i dunno, maybe i'm alone on this.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:45 PM
marke

Racing...

I would like to race more people and faster cars, but I always get the weirdest cars who want to race me. So far, I've been subject to 3 wacko's who felt they needed to race my Maxima...

1. 80-ish Buick Century: I have no idea what this guy was thinking. I shrugged and gunned it, he got left pretty bad.

2. 92 Intrepid: Dunno here either, shrugged and went with it.

3. 89 Toyota Tercel: Once again... a wackjob.

My car is very nicley kept, the paint looks like new (especially after the body work). The stock rims were just replaced with new stock rims.. it's a fast looking car (Despite no performance mods). I really don't know why I'm so attractive to these people.

Old 12-06-2000, 08:32 PM

Re: nope you're not alone...

Originally posted by DA-MAX
but I'm not annoyed(eventhough it happens a lot on the "other" BBS too), Actually I can see someone asking because maybe someone else on here might have raced the car before and the person might want to know what to expect! though that is TOTALLY inconsistent half the time. But like I say, <b>live and learn</B>, if you get beat, thats a cause to research about more powerful mods for your ride!!!! Though losing does suck, nothing is more embarrasing than getting murdered by one of the Top 10 fastest production autos of 2000, the Ford F-150 Lightning!!!(at the time I didn't know how fast the thing was!) it wasn't a pretty sight at all, I watched tailights for 1/4 mile + !!!! :bawl:

Originally posted by flyry110

Yeah I once raced a Lightning too. I knew it would beat my *** from the get go but I wanted to see how bad. It was pretty bad. So far its the fastest thing that I have got to race me. I dont feel bad getting beat by cars like that at all. That truck was made for speed. I would be so much more pissed if something like a Geo Metro whooped my ***. If something like that happend I would have to retire the Max and get a new car. Thats embarassing. I agree with others about the posts about races. Just go out there and race the damn guys. If you lose then it gives you a reason to keep modding to try to beat him the next time.
Old 12-06-2000, 10:07 PM

93 SE Vs Tahoe

i have a stock 93 SE 5spd, and tonight the un thinkable happend. my friend and i were looking for a little booty for him because his gf dumped him. not that you care- on to the story. we were at a light and this guy in a 98 tahoe pulls up. i looked over, and he had at least 3 people in with him. he held his brakes and pushed the gas. i thought he was joking... so i did it. when the light turned green, it was on. i had a bad start, and he was a car ahead... and i started to catch up, but not fast enough.. he won. i almost cried. my buddy laughed, and said i should stop eating so i could mod the max. what would you have to add to a Tahoe to make it THAT fast??
Old 12-06-2000, 10:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Not to downplay your Max, but...

Have you seen the engine in a Tahoe??? 5700 Vortech!! big as sh*t and slow as f*ck in 0-60(yea too much profanity ) but a Huge Piece of Rolling Steel when it gets going!! Plus he Torque braked on you and got a better launch!!! Maybe a Vortech SC on the engine too!(if so you had no chance!) thats why the president uses them, smalller and quicker than the suburban, but still a <b>big *** truck!!</b> it ain't no SUV, thats for sure!

Originally posted by The Sleeper
i have a stock 93 SE 5spd, and tonight the un thinkable happend. my friend and i were looking for a little booty for him because his gf dumped him. not that you care- on to the story. we were at a light and this guy in a 98 tahoe pulls up. i looked over, and he had at least 3 people in with him. he held his brakes and pushed the gas. i thought he was joking... so i did it. when the light turned green, it was on. i had a bad start, and he was a car ahead... and i started to catch up, but not fast enough.. he won. i almost cried. my buddy laughed, and said i should stop eating so i could mod the max. what would you have to add to a Tahoe to make it THAT fast??
Old 12-06-2000, 10:31 PM

yeah, i've seen the engine. mom has one. it's actually a pretty nice ride. as for speed, it's damn fast for it's size, but still, maxima... tahoe... i'm depressed! although he did sound to have exhaust and some YAMAHA sticker... wonder if that last one gives his flannel wearin butt more HP.
Old 12-06-2000, 10:39 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Ever ridden in one fitted w/ a Vortech SC...

WHEW......now thats a ride!!!! nearly snapped my neck in half on the launch!! surprised the hell out of me!

Originally posted by The Sleeper
yeah, i've seen the engine. mom has one. it's actually a pretty nice ride. as for speed, it's damn fast for it's size, but still, maxima... tahoe... i'm depressed! although he did sound to have exhaust and some YAMAHA sticker... wonder if that last one gives his flannel wearin butt more HP.
Old 12-07-2000, 02:53 AM

just another truck to look out for i work at a toyota dealer (part time).and let me tell you those tundra's V 8 aint no joke either.
especially off the line
Old 12-07-2000, 01:53 PM

93 V8 toyota

before i got my 93 SE, i had a 93 toyota pu 4x4 V6. i was looking at the option of dropping in a GM350 and 4speed auto. would have cost the same as we had to pay over trade in, but dad said no... that would have been sweet. a sleeper pickup truck. it was all blacked out, and had a TJM bullbar on the front (runs down mailboxes with ease). around wisconsin, i'm missing it already. spun out backwwards into a curb and dented the stock rim. and thats only in 2". i'm moving south so i can drive my car!
Old 12-07-2000, 02:07 PM
hittin89gxe

got my a** kicked by a damn civic!!!

today on the way from work this dude in a 98 civic 4 door was reving up his motor at me so i figured what the hey!!!
BAD IDEA!!!!! I got smoked and never had a chance. The next stop light I asked him what he had, damn thing had the prelude VTEC motor with a turbo runnin 12 lbs of boost so I didnt feel quite as dumb. What can I do to my motor (thinkin NOS here) to keep up with this thing. my motor was rebuilt 5,000 ago with forged pistons so I know i can get a little bit bigger shot than stock. any ideas?

Old 12-07-2000, 08:05 PM
Get Off My Lawn

In my neck of the woods (Tennessee) we don't fear Probes or civics, everyone's a wannabe Civic around here. No, the one vehicle I fear is an MR2 turbo and this new Dodge Ram Deisel Dually. Yes, I said Deisal Dually! This thing did 104mph in the quarter! Smokes all four tires off the line! This truck is huge, and it's not been lowered or anything, they guy probably uses it on the farm! Yes, the lightnings are fast, but no lightning around here even came close to this Ram! Besides, isn't a lightning just a Ford truck with a Mustang Cobra engine in it? My dad has a '99 black Cobra convertable 5 sp. I'm trying to talk him into taking it to the track!
Old 12-07-2000, 09:31 PM

I believe that the lightning has a 5.4l supercharged. Not the 4.6 that is in the mustang.
Old 12-07-2000, 09:33 PM

Re: got my a** kicked by a damn civic!!!

Originally posted by hittin89gxe
today on the way from work this dude in a 98 civic 4 door was reving up his motor at me so i figured what the hey!!!
BAD IDEA!!!!! I got smoked and never had a chance. The next stop light I asked him what he had, damn thing had the prelude VTEC motor with a turbo runnin 12 lbs of boost so I didnt feel quite as dumb. What can I do to my motor (thinkin NOS here) to keep up with this thing. my motor was rebuilt 5,000 ago with forged pistons so I know i can get a little bit bigger shot than stock. any ideas?
Just wondering, how much did you pay for your forged pistons. I wanted to get some for my car too but the ones that I priced were not worth the money.
Old 12-07-2000, 11:05 PM

yo chris92gxe you got any pics of your car?
How did you do your Ram Air?
Also, Civics are light bro, my boys got an Si, dont worry about it.
Old 12-08-2000, 06:06 AM

Dude, I have a little story too.....
I was driving to Skills after school, and here comes my friend Newberg. He has a 91 Protege, and it's like a 1.2 litre.... anyways, his car is faster than mine, and he has no mods whatsoever. I don't get it, I have a 89 max GXE auto, but still, I would think that it's faster than his 5spd protege!!! I mean Christ, its not fair.!
Old 12-08-2000, 07:19 AM

Originally posted by UndecidedMax
yo chris92gxe you got any pics of your car?
How did you do your Ram Air?
Also, Civics are light bro, my boys got an Si, dont worry about it.
No man I dont have any pics yet. When I get home from school on christamas break they are coming. As far as the ram air go's it is pretty complicated. I have posted how I did it a couple of times a while back. I just dont feel like writing it all out again. Sorry bro.