3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

never thought this would actually work...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 03:21 PM

never thought this would actually work...

i was at my friends apartment last night. it was about 2am when i heard an alarm go off in the parking lot. i didnt know it was mine until one of my friends came in the door and said it was my car. i was wondering what could have made that stupid stock alarm go off, because the only thing that activates it is when you open a lock and try to open the door. so i got out there, and my back window was knocked out, but nothing was taken. my cd's were sitting on the front seat, and my faceplate was on. and i have 2 12's in the back, if they knew that or not i dont know. well i guess i thank nissan for putting that stupid alarm in, because it scared those idiots off. but now i have to replace the window...
Old 06-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

thank goodness

could of just took your stuff or the whole car be thankful
Old 06-29-2002, 05:19 PM

Re: thank goodness

Originally posted by darrick
could of just took your stuff or the whole car be thankful
i am
Old 06-29-2002, 05:20 PM

yeah man, my alarm didn't save me friday. I lost 2 amps, they destroyed my head unit and my dash
Old 06-29-2002, 05:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by flyry110
yeah man, my alarm didn't save me friday. I lost 2 amps, they destroyed my head unit and my dash
Crap like that makes me want to curb somebody....
Old 06-29-2002, 05:50 PM

Re: never thought this would actually work...

Originally posted by matt1sd
i was at my friends apartment last night. it was about 2am when i heard an alarm go off in the parking lot. i didnt know it was mine until one of my friends came in the door and said it was my car. i was wondering what could have made that stupid stock alarm go off, because the only thing that activates it is when you open a lock and try to open the door. so i got out there, and my back window was knocked out, but nothing was taken. my cd's were sitting on the front seat, and my faceplate was on. and i have 2 12's in the back, if they knew that or not i dont know. well i guess i thank nissan for putting that stupid alarm in, because it scared those idiots off. but now i have to replace the window...
Yeah man, factory alarm saved me a year ago too. They busted out my passenger side window while I was at work. The parking lot security guy came in the store and said my alarm was going off. Needless to say, a week later I had a real alarm put on.
Old 06-29-2002, 05:55 PM

Re: Re: never thought this would actually work...

Now your scaring me about how safe my max is
Old 06-29-2002, 06:10 PM

Re: never thought this would actually work...

im not sure if nissan stock alarms have this, but on my aftermarket alarm system, i have an option that somehow listens for a certain frequency that is made when glass is broken (i have no idea how it knows), but supposively the alarm goes off if glass is broken. I have no idea if it actually works or not, but maybe the ole nissan alarms have it
Old 06-29-2002, 06:54 PM

Re: Re: never thought this would actually work...

Originally posted by Shugarhi
im not sure if nissan stock alarms have this, but on my aftermarket alarm system, i have an option that somehow listens for a certain frequency that is made when glass is broken (i have no idea how it knows), but supposively the alarm goes off if glass is broken. I have no idea if it actually works or not, but maybe the ole nissan alarms have it
glass break sensors. when glass breaks it produces a certain freq, the sensor just listens for it.

i think all that is unecessary. all you need are a few well placed shock sensors and a tilt sensor. think about it, if you hit the glass hard enough to break it, a correctly installed shock sensor should pick it up

but then again, it doens't hurt to have extras!
Old 06-30-2002, 01:50 AM

actually i'm pretty sure it's a "shock sensor" instead of listening for frequencies, it senses sudden tremors. hence why when it thunders your alarm goes off.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:21 AM

Originally posted by flyry110
actually i'm pretty sure it's a "shock sensor" instead of listening for frequencies, it senses sudden tremors. hence why when it thunders your alarm goes off.
no no.

glass break sensors acutally "listen" for the frequencyof shattering glass.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:03 AM

i love my stock alarm... i had an aftermarket alarm but removed it shortly after i got it..... atleast i know that when i hear the horns something IS wrong.. instead of the gay siren alarms that go off when cars pass by
Old 06-30-2002, 09:13 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I got rid of my horn for the alarm and put in a "real" siren w/ dual air horns! If my alarm goes off, EVERYONE knows about it!!
Old 06-30-2002, 10:47 AM

i was wonderin' if u guys know if when u install ur aftermarket alarm with ur stock alarm; did u leave or did the guy leave the stock alarm alarm unplugged??? Cuz the other day i replaced the TCU (time control unit) thats right behind the theft control system and i noticed that the guy that installed my aftermarket alarm left my stock one unplugged. The thing is that when my alarm goes off both the stock and aftermarket go off but i wanna know if its normal to leave the little box from the stock alarm unplugged???
Old 06-30-2002, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by GRNMAXDMON
i was wonderin' if u guys know if when u install ur aftermarket alarm with ur stock alarm; did u leave or did the guy leave the stock alarm alarm unplugged??? Cuz the other day i replaced the TCU (time control unit) thats right behind the theft control system and i noticed that the guy that installed my aftermarket alarm left my stock one unplugged. The thing is that when my alarm goes off both the stock and aftermarket go off but i wanna know if its normal to leave the little box from the stock alarm unplugged???
i installed my alarm with my aftermarket alarm. no problems yet. from the installers i hae talked to, it is best to leave the stock alarm in tact too...sometimes things stop working if you disconnect it.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

im glad to have my stock alarm even if it does go off when i unlock the passenger-side door with the key. i have a funny feeling its going to save my loverly cds and deck someday soon.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by ngthing

i installed my alarm with my aftermarket alarm. no problems yet. from the installers i hae talked to, it is best to leave the stock alarm in tact too...sometimes things stop working if you disconnect it.
Yeah, those are "listening devices" that listen for the frequency that glass breaks at. I guess it is good for theifs that use those little glass hammers, or whatever they are called...That only take a little plink on the glass to shatter them. On the other note, most people leave the factory alarms installed. I've heard people do different things...Like have the aftermarket alarm arm the stock when it arms itself. I have to arm mine sepearatly. Both have their benefits and drawbacks I guess.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:22 AM

so u think I should plug the stock alarm back in???
Old 07-01-2002, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by GRNMAXDMON
so u think I should plug the stock alarm back in???
Might as well...If it's there you might as well be able to use it. Just plug it in, and see if it gives you any problems. If it doesn't then good..You've got two alarms. It it does then just leave it unpluged.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:30 AM

I left my factory alarm intact when I got my new one, I figure if one happens to die the other will play back up... cant be too careful can you?
Old 07-01-2002, 11:36 AM

ok, but the thing is that the guy installed my aftermarket with the stock alarm together. so when the alarm goes off both of them go off at the same time but the headlights don't turn on and off when the stock alarm is goin' off with my aftermarket. the thing is that the stock is unplugged but it still goes off with the aftermarket.