4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

FS Technosquare ECU 5 Spd $300

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by RIPTIDER
OR

You can take about 15 minutes and plug in the ECU and test it.
If the car falls flat from around 4500 to redline like stock,then it is not a real TS ECU. But if the car pulls like it should have from the factory to stock redline, it is the real deal.

Putting it another way:

1) Slam the throttle and redline the car
2) Look in the mirror
If your face looks like this=>, it is the real deal
but if your face looks like this=> .................
(1) My car is Superchargered--don't want to mess with advanced timing.
(2) My bro's car that this was supposed to go into still needs the 6spd installed (and we're waiting on parts, so that option isn't going to work.) Haven't driven his car in a while anyway, and it used to have a jwt, and it has a 3.5--so the butt dyno wouldn't work too well (4500 rpms is where that thing takes off w/o an ecu.)

I'll have my brother open the thing up next time he goes home (the ECU is at my parents' place in VA.)
Old 09-09-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tsaulz
(1) My car is Superchargered--don't want to mess with advanced timing.
(2) My bro's car that this was supposed to go into still needs the 6spd installed (and we're waiting on parts, so that option isn't going to work.) Haven't driven his car in a while anyway, and it used to have a jwt, and it has a 3.5--so the butt dyno wouldn't work too well (4500 rpms is where that thing takes off w/o an ecu.)

I'll have my brother open the thing up next time he goes home (the ECU is at my parents' place in VA.)
if you bought it from the same seller i gave money to, then most likely its a fake one.....
if he ripped off myself and another guy, i dont see why he would not rip you off either.
hurry up and get that thing opened up, take some pics and post it up. If it is a fake one, we can all get this guy arrested by contacting a company that deals with scammers....
Old 09-09-2007, 10:26 PM

what does an ECU do?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Here is a picture of my ts ecu opened up when i sold it. You can see the daughter board. Mine also had yellow screws. So i'm not sure if thats what ts does. Even if it's an authentic ts ecu you should find out if it works and if it is indeed a manual ecu from a 96.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:56 AM
turbo

Any further progress with you guys?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM
VIP Maxima

i think the ECU he has might be legit. here is what i think happened.......

the f@g decided to sell his ECU and when he saw a lot of interest in the item with many people willing to paypal right away, he decided to scam the rest for quick easy money. how in the hell he suddenly had a few extra ECU's laying around? and why would anyone have multiple ECU's ??

Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i think the ECU he has might be legit. here is what i think happened.......

the f@g decided to sell his ECU and when he saw a lot of interest in the item with many people willing to paypal right away, he decided to scam the rest for quick easy money. how in the hell he suddenly had a few extra ECU's laying around? and why would anyone have multiple ECU's ??
Well, in response to my PayPal claim the I filed in order to cover my @ss, he sent me an email attesting to the fact that I did indeed receive a TS ECU, and he accused me of trying to rip him off by filing the claim! How ironic, huh?

So, I'll let you know when I am able to find out if this thing is really a TS, but it is irrelevant to the fact that the other guys were undoubtedly scammed. How's your progress in getting your money back? Are you guys going to bother filing a police report to see if you'll have any luck getting criminal charges brought against this guy?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM

well right now im waiting for my bill to come in the mail, and i will refute my CC Charges, then after i done with it, i will contact the PD in his area to get his *** arrested. I found out that if i report him to this company (Internet Fraud Ivestigation) called IC3 from the FBI they will get him arrested and put in jail. I have all proof of not getting what i ordered and he will pay for it.
open up your TS ecu to see if it is indeed the real one. i dont know why you are not doing it.
TS does not leave all the mod list attached on the ECU like the pic he sent. What a scam artist.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus_95
well right now im waiting for my bill to come in the mail, and i will refute my CC Charges, then after i done with it, i will contact the PD in his area to get his *** arrested. I found out that if i report him to this company (Internet Fraud Ivestigation) called IC3 from the FBI they will get him arrested and put in jail. I have all proof of not getting what i ordered and he will pay for it.
open up your TS ecu to see if it is indeed the real one. i dont know why you are not doing it.
TS does not leave all the mod list attached on the ECU like the pic he sent. What a scam artist.
I haven't opened it because it is not at my possesion at the moment. I will have my brother open it up once he has a chance.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
turbo

I feel I am at a standstill since I am in another country. Not sure how trans border issues are handled.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by fanaticrockford
Here is a picture of my ts ecu opened up when i sold it. You can see the daughter board. Mine also had yellow screws. So i'm not sure if thats what ts does. Even if it's an authentic ts ecu you should find out if it works and if it is indeed a manual ecu from a 96.
My parents were nice enough to pop the ECU open and take some pictures. Can anyone tell if this is a TS? Here is what we got:

Old 09-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM

Can anyone tell if this is a TS? I have to find out soon so that I can decide to escalate my PayPal dispute to a claim (if necessary).
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm assuming its a TS.You can see the daughter board added to the ecu.That's the small circuit board that you flipped up.Technosquare doesn't label anything like JWT does.Just plug it in.You can do that without even taking out the other ecu just unhook the plug from the old ecu and plug it into this one.The wires will be stiff but you should be able to bend them around to plug up the new ecu just to see if it works.Good Luck.

Last edited by cw96; 09-24-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by tsaulz
Can anyone tell if this is a TS? I have to find out soon so that I can decide to escalate my PayPal dispute to a claim (if necessary).
hey, paypal wont help you if you didn't buy the item through ebay....
i got a hold of paypal regarding my problem and they did not help me at all.
They said they only guarantee if you buy it from ebay, outside of ebay they are not responsible.
Im so furious......