4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Well i messed up

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 01:41 PM

Well i messed up

Went out last nite and well , i lost my passenger side mirror, i was drunk, and hit a mailbox. Well i know i'm dumb and all , i feel like a total idiot. But can someone tell me somewhere to get one fairly quick. Also i'd like to know where to get it painted.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:45 PM

Re: Well i messed up

Originally posted by LeonBlackMax
Went out last nite and well , i lost my passenger side mirror, i was drunk, and hit a mailbox. Well i know i'm dumb and all , i feel like a total idiot. But can someone tell me somewhere to get one fairly quick. Also i'd like to know where to get it painted.
well if you werent driving drunk then this wouldnt of have happened......

try a junkyard for a new mirror.....
Old 07-14-2002, 02:16 PM

way to go dumba$$. how about NOT driving drunk. i hate drunk drivers. they all suck
Old 07-14-2002, 02:21 PM

Maybe you can find one at AA
thats where you need to go
Old 07-14-2002, 02:30 PM

Where is AA?
i was hoping for somewhere to order online b/c i work a lot and dont have time to go looking in junkyards. Also i know not to drive drunk , but i am lucky i even made it home in the shape i was. i honestly quit goin out and drinking. Its fun while your doing it but it seems like every next day, you regret something that happened.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:43 PM
no more maxima...

you are an idiot
just keep your car smashed up...will give warning to other cars that the driver is an idiot...

Old 07-14-2002, 02:44 PM

Where is AA?
where is aa? oh my dear lord, you are such a dumbass.

and it doesn't matter if you know not to drive drunk when you are actually doing it.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:47 PM

tell you what! next time you decide to get behind the wheel with a few in you, just drive into a tree.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:55 PM
ivelweyz

Originally posted by kreg37

where is aa? oh my dear lord, you are such a dumbass.

and it doesn't matter if you know not to drive drunk when you are actually doing it.
Shut the hell up moron!!! He knows he shouldn't drive drunk but once u are drunk your conscience is probably the last thing that actually works up there...

Old 07-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ivelweyz

Shut the hell up moron!!! He knows he shouldn't drive drunk but once u are drunk your conscience is probably the last thing that actually works up there...
So then it's justified that he's driving drunk?

I drink, get drunk, don't think, therefore, I am absolved of any decision I make, including getting behind the wheel of a car.

Is that it?
Old 07-14-2002, 03:07 PM
ivelweyz

Originally posted by clee130

So then it's justified that he's driving drunk?

I drink, get drunk, don't think, therefore, I am absolved of any decision I make, including getting behind the wheel of a car.

Is that it?
No tht's not what I meant. When ur drunk u don't know what the hell you're doing, so if u know you're gonna get drunk bring a designated driver with you or take a cab, or deflate your tires...

Old 07-14-2002, 03:51 PM

he said he wasnt going to do it anymore and if he doesnt he's an idiot. everyone messes up though, i havent driven drunk but he came on the forum asking a question, not to be spoken to like we are his mother.
either tell him where to get a mirror, or dont reply
Old 07-14-2002, 03:55 PM

AA = alcoholics anonymous
Old 07-14-2002, 04:15 PM

Try This

An unfortunate accident that shouldn't have happened. This seems to be about what you're looking for.

http://www.autobodypartsonline.com/c...keyword=mirror

More Specific
http://www.autobodypartsonline.com/c...31102604233.a4

You can also follow the first link back to look at used ones if you so choose.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:19 PM
pro

Yeah no need to bad mouth the guy. I also think that driving drunk is the worst thing you could do with your car because my girlfriend was almost killed by a drunk driver. However, he propably learned his lesson and by losing a mirror he propably won't do it again. If he does I will join you all on kicking his a$$ . Anyway try the for sale forum.
Paul
Old 07-14-2002, 04:35 PM

I hate drunk drivers! One hit my dark blue 96 maxima , RIP dear friend!
Old 07-14-2002, 04:50 PM

Where is AA?
i was hoping for somewhere to order online b/c i work a lot and dont have time to go looking in junkyards. Also i know not to drive drunk , but i am lucky i even made it home in the shape i was. i honestly quit goin out and drinking. Its fun while your doing it but it seems like every next day, you regret something that happened.
Yeah maybe you feel lucky getting home with only losing a mirror. But I'm sure some person that you could have killed wouldn't have felt so lucky. And if you drove and ONLY lost a mirror, then you still have enough common sense to not drive. It was your own stupidity and ignorance that allowed you to think everything would be "ok". And you should have expected all this feedback about you driving drunk. Were you trying to show off or something by posting that? Next time you feel you can drive drunk and make it, just crash into a tree, at least you won't kill a person.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:17 PM

damn u should have totalled it so u wouldnt be on the boards anymore...ah well....
Old 07-14-2002, 07:40 PM

Thanks for those of you who actually tried to help me. And thanks for the link.
And i dont need all the bashing you are doing. I know i messed up and i love my car and my life. i'm not drinking anymore. its not worth it.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:55 PM

Note for future posts:

If you mess your car up when you're driving drunk, ask for advice about replacement parts *WITHOUT* mentioning that you were drunk. That way you won't get all the lecturing from other Max drivers.

Just say "I screwed up and smacked my sideview mirror while backing out of my parking space."

Like others have mentioned, there are really only 3 choices:
1) Local dealer - new mirror.
2) Local junkyard - maybe hard to find 4th gen parts just yet unless you live in a big city.
3) Online used parts - Nationwide search = more parts available.

Better luck next time.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
henock

Thanks for those of you who actually tried to help me. And thanks for the link.
And i dont need all the bashing you are doing. I know i messed up and i love my car and my life. i'm not drinking anymore. its not worth it.
seriously guys.. that sucked. we all know it was a mistake, but damn don't gang up on him like that... props to clee for not being so rude but still getting his point across

i know others may have also but his post standed out cuz hes a mod

Old 07-15-2002, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by Draino

Yeah maybe you feel lucky getting home with only losing a mirror. But I'm sure some person that you could have killed wouldn't have felt so lucky. And if you drove and ONLY lost a mirror, then you still have enough common sense to not drive. It was your own stupidity and ignorance that allowed you to think everything would be "ok". And you should have expected all this feedback about you driving drunk. Were you trying to show off or something by posting that? Next time you feel you can drive drunk and make it, just crash into a tree, at least you won't kill a person.

dude, that was harsh i really think he has learned his leason in DWI. the car i had before my max was an 89 corolla i DWIed quiet a few times in that i had many dents but i ended up totaling it and barly remembering it thats when i said what the f*** am i doing and i havent DWIed in my max at all. i hope that you really have learned you leason tho. it kinda sucks when your car is f***ed up for a stupid reason
good luck
Old 07-15-2002, 06:41 AM
I'm so hood

seriously guys.. that sucked. we all know it was a mistake, but damn don't gang up on him like that... props to clee for not being so rude but still getting his point across

i know others may have also but his post standed out cuz hes a mod
hehe, clee's response seemed just as in the same tone as everyone elses. It was rude in its clee-ish "tortness".

That's cool. It did only happen this weekend though, so I hope the "anymore" lasts. Just head over to a local junkyard/auto graveyard and see if you can find a new mirror before hitting up the dealerships for parts. I wonder if Courtesy Nissan would give you a good price...