4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 03:11 PM

killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

was rolling along in the middle lane on rt1 when this guy in a Sentra goes by on my right... we drive along for a while at pretty much the same speed, until he starts revving at me from the side. Right there I'm thinking wtf is wrong with this guy, looks like a bone stock Sentra trying to mess with my 4th gen (looked like mid 90's body). So I just pass him, keeping an eye on my mirror... but about 4 car lengths later I hear him PUNCH it, intake roaring at me like crazy (whoops maybe he is not stock), and of course how can I say no to all that noise . So we're both flooring it and he keeps creeping at me HARD all the way through 2nd (this is from ~50mph roll) and I'm like aww man I'm about to lose to a Sentra... until I hit 3rd . We shut it down at ~120 b/c some curves were coming up ahead and there was a slight drizzle and I had about 3-4 lengths on him.

About half a mile later we come up to some lights and b/c of traffic we didn't get to line up at one, but then I finally got a chance to see his car up close with some light when he passes me on the left...
and thats when I noticed the SE-R badge on his trunk, no wonder. A couple blocks later we get a break in traffic and go at it again from ~30 mph roll, and this time I had > a car on him by the top of 2nd, where he gave up and stayed his a$$ behind . Does anyone have some specs for me on this car? (don't know much about SE-R)
Old 07-14-2002, 03:21 PM

Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

[troll]
I'll assume by your sig that you have I/Y/E on your automatic. Also there is no mention of the mods if any on the SE-R so I'd say good kill. Other than that there is no way an automagic maxima could beat a se-r mod for mod . Stock se-r's with great drivers and conditions run 15.4-15.9s @ 87-89mph. However run a I/Y/E auto max vs a I/H/E SE-R and the se-r wins everytime. The esss areee twentyy deeee eeeee can neVar lose
[/troll]

Originally posted by jerzeeMax
was rolling along in the middle lane on rt1 when this guy in a Sentra goes by on my right... we drive along for a while at pretty much the same speed, until he starts revving at me from the side. Right there I'm thinking wtf is wrong with this guy, looks like a bone stock Sentra trying to mess with my 4th gen (looked like mid 90's body). So I just pass him, keeping an eye on my mirror... but about 4 car lengths later I hear him PUNCH it, intake roaring at me like crazy (whoops maybe he is not stock), and of course how can I say no to all that noise . So we're both flooring it and he keeps creeping at me HARD all the way through 2nd (this is from ~50mph roll) and I'm like aww man I'm about to lose to a Sentra... until I hit 3rd . We shut it down at ~120 b/c some curves were coming up ahead and there was a slight drizzle and I had about 3-4 lengths on him.

About half a mile later we come up to some lights and b/c of traffic we didn't get to line up at one, but then I finally got a chance to see his car up close with some light when he passes me on the left...
and thats when I noticed the SE-R badge on his trunk, no wonder. A couple blocks later we get a break in traffic and go at it again from ~30 mph roll, and this time I had > a car on him by the top of 2nd, where he gave up and stayed his a$$ behind . Does anyone have some specs for me on this car? (don't know much about SE-R)
Old 07-14-2002, 03:45 PM

Re: Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
[troll]
I'll assume by your sig that you have I/Y/E on your automatic. Also there is no mention of the mods if any on the SE-R so I'd say good kill. Other than that there is no way an automagic maxima could beat a se-r mod for mod . Stock se-r's with great drivers and conditions run 15.4-15.9s @ 87-89mph. However run a I/Y/E auto max vs a I/H/E SE-R and the se-r wins everytime. The esss areee twentyy deeee eeeee can neVar lose
[/troll]

Yeah didn't think so... I knew he had at least some sort of intake by the way it sounded. Exhaust was definetly stock. Dude was scaring me, he would pretty much match me bumper to bumper through 1st and most of 2nd. I just hated hearing him power through gears next to me while I was waiting for my suck auto tranny to take its sweet time shifting. Whats the difference between regular Sentra and SE-R engine?
Old 07-14-2002, 03:51 PM

Are you talking about the new Spec V? If so, those are quick! THey have 175 HP. Is there a SE-R AND a SE-R spec V? Or same thing?
Old 07-14-2002, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by ReichMax97
Are you talking about the new Spec V? If so, those are quick! THey have 175 HP. Is there a SE-R AND a SE-R spec V? Or same thing?
SE-R is auto only @ 165HP
SE-R Spec V is 6 speed only @ 175HP
Old 07-14-2002, 04:55 PM

I beat a SE-R spec v at the track but only because I got out of the hole faster. He ran a 16.1 to my 16.3. I have 95 GXE auto with y pipe and CAI. I know out on the streets he prolly would give me an *** kicking.

[edit] This was at Palmdale with 2500 ft elevation [/edit]
Old 07-14-2002, 05:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

If you are refering to the 91-94 bodystyle sentra's the non se-rs come with a 1.6L GA16DE with 108-110hp. The se-rs get a 2.0L SR20DE with 140hp/132tq stock. For more info on se-rs goto www.se-r.net.

Yeah didn't think so... I knew he had at least some sort of intake by the way it sounded. Exhaust was definetly stock. Dude was scaring me, he would pretty much match me bumper to bumper through 1st and most of 2nd. I just hated hearing him power through gears next to me while I was waiting for my suck auto tranny to take its sweet time shifting. Whats the difference between regular Sentra and SE-R engine?
Old 07-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i'm not saying it was or wasn't an se-r but i mean i can stick a gtr emblem on my lumi ya know....he cvoulda done the same thing
Old 07-14-2002, 09:42 PM

Originally posted by crazychuck29
i'm not saying it was or wasn't an se-r but i mean i can stick a gtr emblem on my lumi ya know....he cvoulda done the same thing
oh of course, but this was not a stick on badge, it was in the same stock flat lettering that said sentra on the other side. Either way he gave me a couple of pretty good runs... I just wished we had a chance to go off the line.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Maximum97

only @ 175hp?? wow
the new spec V run low 15s stock...best 1/4 time i've seen so far is 15.1 i believe someone over at freshalloy.com did it...seems like they're pretty close to 4th gens 5spd
Old 07-14-2002, 11:55 PM

Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

...and I'm like aww man I'm about to lose to a Sentra... until I hit 3rd . We shut it down at ~120 b/c some curves were coming up ahead and there was a slight drizzle and I had about 3-4 lengths on him.
(
Drizzle + inexperienced, immature drivers + racing, eventually = dead people. Glad I don't live around there.

Dave
Old 07-15-2002, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by Maximum97

SE-R is auto only @ 165HP
you can get the regular SE-R with a 5-speed OR an auto...
Old 07-15-2002, 10:39 AM

Re: Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

Originally posted by Dave Holmes

Drizzle + inexperienced, immature drivers + racing, eventually = dead people. Glad I don't live around there.

Dave
Is that what you really got from my post?? I'm talking about a straightaway, and the drizzle didn't even wet the ground yet. We shut down before we even got to any type of curve in the road, which we probably would not have if we didn't see any drops on the windshield. It's obvious we were driving with our heads on straight. Screw your ***** back on and don't be so quick to bash.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: killed a Sentra SE-R last night (two runs)

Is that what you really got from my post?? I'm talking about a straightaway, and the drizzle didn't even wet the ground yet. We shut down before we even got to any type of curve in the road, which we probably would not have if we didn't see any drops on the windshield. It's obvious we were driving with our heads on straight. Screw your ***** back on and don't be so quick to bash.
That's what I got from your post. Your original post said there was a slight drizzle. Do you know when the road surface is the slickest? Answer is when it has just started raining (drizzle). Reason being is that the oil in and on the road surface floats on the tiny bit of moisture on the road (simple principles here). It's not as slick during an actual downpour because the water carries the oil off. No, it is not obvious you were driving with your heads on straight. ~120 mph in a "slight drizzle" on a public road is a sign of either pure stupidity, immaturity, &/or inexperience. But I bet you're trained and experienced enough to be able to handle a spin at ~120 mph. If you want to race like that, take it to the track. If you don't, you just may end up being another statistic, or worse, you'll be the cause of someone else being another statistic. As for screwing my ***** back on, there's a big difference between having ***** and mere stupidity. With a little more life experience, I hope you'll one day be able to tell the difference. BTW, mine clank when I walk. Any questions about that can be either PM'd to me or emailed to me at davidbholmes@netscape.net This isn't meant as a bashing, just some friendly advice from someone who has pulled way too many dead people from cars because of stupidity. Stay safe.

Dave
Old 07-16-2002, 06:48 AM

Maybe you misunderstood my post. Maybe you can predict rain. Everyone knows the road is slickest right when it starts raining.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:26 AM

~120mph in a public road = no no