4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PFI Turbo kit? Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by BrianV
I didn't post anything about Silvia's.

About the elevation. I meant more on the lines that in increased elevations turbochargers are affected differently then natural or SC'd cars because of the density of the air. Some high boost cars (GMC Syclone) will actually perform better in colder, higher altitude climates.

At any rate, my $2,500 kit didn't include brand new parts. Rebuilt T3/T4 Garret from Texas Rebuilds, Walboro and 300ZX mix for the fuel, HKS intercooler hooked up, custom fab, tial wastegate, and hks ss bov. I didn't say I'd market the kit at $2,500, one of my friends works at JUN another at Blitz another is the nephew of the guy who used to run FastTrak Turbos (now works in conjunction with JUN), and finally my friend just started a shop doing 240 to SR20 conversions. This was a one time parts cost and fabrication cost. However, if I were to try and sell it I wouldn't be able to reliably find the same deals and prices.

At any rate, yes the SC has crappy track record especially V2's, that's why I waited forever to find a second genreation V1.

By the way I live in Texas now not Cali.

PS - I'm not attacking your turbo setup, I'm glad someone has created alternatives for boost. I was just initially weary about the figures because someone had posted that you made 175 STOCK to the wheels, that was the initial purpose for the whole post, had the correct data even been presented I wouldn't have even post.
Uhh where in Texas?
Old 07-26-2002, 05:55 PM

All this talk about turbos and whatnot..yes we all know that turbo owns...however lets see some timeslips in the 1/4th to back it up..its great taht at 4 it gives 300hp and can go up to say 400 even more but what good is it if u cant get off the line or the tranny get hold that much...im hoping to see someone take dons record away 12.2 and maybe break into the 11's but no proof yet. no godd if u have 400 hp and cant put the power to the ground ya know.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:08 AM

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
All this talk about turbos and whatnot..yes we all know that turbo owns...however lets see some timeslips in the 1/4th to back it up..its great taht at 4 it gives 300hp and can go up to say 400 even more but what good is it if u cant get off the line or the tranny get hold that much...im hoping to see someone take dons record away 12.2 and maybe break into the 11's but no proof yet. no godd if u have 400 hp and cant put the power to the ground ya know.

Well if I can ever get my bucket roll'n You can bet I'll be posting times. I live in Houston and our track is pretty good. I'm not saying I'm an awsome drive but I'm gonna love putting on that helmet and break some times