4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how to replace climate control lights??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 12:54 PM

how to replace climate control lights??

sup guys. i need to get some good detailed directions on how to replace the bulbs behind my auto climate control. i already got the bulbs from nissan but need some good instrucions.

i saw somewhere taking the vents out but is that necessary??
Old 07-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

You have to remove the climate control unit from the dash.

Then remove the back cover and go at it. If you are smart, you will be able to figure it out from there.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:39 PM

Re: how to replace climate control lights??

Originally posted by s2cmpugh
sup guys. i need to get some good detailed directions on how to replace the bulbs behind my auto climate control. i already got the bulbs from nissan but need some good instrucions.

i saw somewhere taking the vents out but is that necessary??
Yeah, it is. I just did that last night, because I was installing a cd changer. The vent (and clock part) will be covering up two screws that need to be removed in order to take out the whole lower compartment, radio and Auto Climate unit.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:28 PM

so does anyone have any good tips on how to get the climate control thing out of the car???
Old 07-16-2002, 03:40 PM

Stero Removal Instructions

so does anyone have any good tips on how to get the climate control thing out of the car???
http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax2.htm

Check this place out, the instructions are simple.
Post if you any other question.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:09 PM

hey thanks man. that helped me out alot

so it looks like i just pull the vents and clock forward and down at a diagnol?? kinda like south west on a compass, or do i pull forward then down??
Old 07-16-2002, 04:33 PM

hey thanks man. that helped me out alot

so it looks like i just pull the vents and clock forward and down at a diagnol?? kinda like south west on a compass, or do i pull forward then down??
you want to pull down, and towards you, at the same time. Make sure to un-screw the two bottom screws for the rack that holds the radio. then pull the whole radio rack up and out, and you'll see the separation on the vent. Then you pull the vent down and out (at the same time). Remember there are three wires connected to the back of the vent. (Hazard lights, clock, and read defrost).
Old 07-16-2002, 04:44 PM

ok cool thanks man
Old 07-16-2002, 06:16 PM

Just to let you know, the process of replacing these bulbs is a delicate task if you have the patience. I replaced all three bulbs in mine last month. The unit is a "puzzle". What I mean is that the unit must come apart, piece by piece. The circuit board is held by two screws in the rear. Once removed, the fan contor **** must be removed. Then if your lucky, all the climate control buttons (the "little men" buttons) will fall out. All these pieces must be removed in order to get to the circuit board. Here, there is three bulbs. Be careful, the bulbs are so tiny and delicate, that I broke one trying to remove it. Luckily, I bought extras just in case something like that would happen. Well good luck!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My climate control lights go on and off

I just recently noticed that my climate control lights go on and off on my 95 maxima GXE. At first they started blinking. Now they come on when I first start the car at night. After a while they go off. When I hit or tap the climate control area, the lights come back on temporarily. Should I just change the bulbs? If so, can I get the bulbs from any autostore like PepBoys? Or should I just replce the bulbs with blue leds? Does anyone have a write up on that? Thanks in advance.