4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

button lights are out

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 07:27 PM

button lights are out

I have a GLE and my button lights are not coming on. I can see the display but no button lights. Any ideas?
Old 07-18-2002, 08:45 PM

Re: button lights are out

Originally posted by mohfo
I have a GLE and my button lights are not coming on. I can see the display but no button lights. Any ideas?
its ur bulbs dude, there done, it happens. Nissan sells new ones
Old 07-18-2002, 09:00 PM

Re: Re: button lights are out

I have no idea what lights you're talking about. Radio?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 PM

Re: button lights are out

If you're talking about the climate control lights, I just put new lights in my friends max today. It's not that hard but takes about an hour. just pull off the plastic around the shifter, unplug the cigg lighter, unscrew the screw that holds the left side of te ash tray in, open the ashtray, pull on the ash tray untill it pops out,. then take out the 2 screws holding the radio, change tray, and the climate control in which are at the bottom left and right corner of the change tray. they are gold colored. after that, push up from where you just took the screws out. this takes a little more force then you'll think but it works without breaking anything. after that the clock and air vents will pop out. grab that from the under side of the clock and pull out and down, that will expose 2 screws. after taking those 2 out the whole thing will slide out. replace the bulbs and your done. hope this is what you need and it helps.

Ben
Old 07-28-2002, 06:18 PM

climate control lights

I called the maxima dealer to see if they sold the light bulbs, they said it's not the bulb, I have to get a new climate control system. The GLE climate control is different from the other max's. My display shows but no button lights.
Old 07-28-2002, 06:42 PM
Kevlo for President

Re: climate control lights

I called the maxima dealer to see if they sold the light bulbs, they said it's not the bulb, I have to get a new climate control system. The GLE climate control is different from the other max's. My display shows but no button lights.

do not listen to the dealer, if ur display works then its goos , people hav put led's in place of the old bulbs so check that out
Old 07-29-2002, 09:40 PM

Re: climate control lights

thats crazy!!!! at liest spend 2.50 on one replacement bulb from nissan and 20 min of your time to check it out for yourself before you buy a whole new unit!

Ben