4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Intake system

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 10:41 AM

Intake system

Where can I find more information about the Middle Eastern Intake mainfold? Price/picture/dyno results, etc? I have some buddies deployed in South West Asia and I might have one of them pick one up. Unless I can get one here stateside. Any information concerning the intake manifold will be appreciated, thanks.

Secondly I have come to a conclusion and I would like everyone's opinion.

Pop charger = bad low end power, good high end power
CAI = good low end power, bad low end power
Regular short ram intakes such as franken car or weapon r = good low end as well as good high end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why sacrifice either low or high end power? Why not go with the regular short ram intakes. Even if money is not a thing?

Old 07-29-2002, 03:31 PM
ivelweyz

Re: Intake system

Originally posted by Chino
Where can I find more information about the Middle Eastern Intake mainfold? Price/picture/dyno results, etc? I have some buddies deployed in South West Asia and I might have one of them pick one up. Unless I can get one here stateside. Any information concerning the intake manifold will be appreciated, thanks.

Secondly I have come to a conclusion and I would like everyone's opinion.

Pop charger = bad low end power, good high end power
CAI = good low end power, bad low end power
Regular short ram intakes such as franken car or weapon r = good low end as well as good high end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why sacrifice either low or high end power? Why not go with the regular short ram intakes. Even if money is not a thing?

Do a SEARCH damn it!!!

For the air intake question just get a FRANKENCAR and don't ask anymore question...

Old 07-29-2002, 03:38 PM
syc

Re: Intake system

about the middle east intake, there are tons of info, just need to search. pic, dyno, install instrutions., etc. are the couple clicks away from search.
and the intake problem, also do a search. but i got to say something, intake is not just for performance. it's about what kind of race you like (street drag, high speed, etc. get it?), about the style under the hood, about the sound you like, about how much money you have, about how much time and money you're willing to install, and about the uniqueness you would like. and by the way, it is not like you loose 20 hp at low end and 20 hp at higg end for a pop charger. some people don't even feel the difference.