4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 08:30 PM

Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

I finally got my 8000k hanabi kit today and took maybe 20 minutes to install. I am very impressed!! It lit the ground up!!
My friend happens to have a acura 3.2 cl and had the factory hid's. So i wanted to see how much of a difference there was!! Holy Sh*T there was such a big difference.
Anyways I was wondering my high beam ligts were on as soon as i turned my lights on. Does anyone els have this problem?? Can this be fixed?? If so, How??

Thanxs~~~
Old 07-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dunno about answering your q

but... is 8000k legal?
Old 07-30-2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Miasma
dunno about answering your q

but... is 8000k legal?
Not Sure?? Are they?? Hope so!! IF not, OH WELL~~ I know there's 10000k, are they legal?? Life too short!! Can't live throughout life obeying all the fricken laws!!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i hear that, i am just curious, i know i want to get a kit down the road, but dont know which one......
Old 07-30-2002, 11:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Originally posted by sammy32lee
[BMy friend happens to have a acura 3.2 cl and had the factory hid's. So i wanted to see how much of a difference there was!! Holy Sh*T there was such a big difference [/B]
A difference in which direction? Who's were brighter?

-Jon
Old 07-31-2002, 05:36 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Anyways I was wondering my high beam ligts were on as soon as i turned my lights on. Does anyone els have this problem?? Can this be fixed?? If so, How??

Thanxs~~~
You have a wire wrong. I think you might be using the high beam circuit as your ground. Might be only on one side, might be both.

Try this. Pull your stalk to put high beams on, do your lights shut off? If so, then you have the ground from the HID kit on the wrong wire.

Your HB indicator should not light up when your low beams are on.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:44 AM
VR6Jim

Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Those HID's are illegal in your car because your headlights run off 1 bulb for high and low beam. Now you have HID's that only have 1 light mode, regular. So if your ever pulled over you will get a ticket for not having highbeam lights.

I have been asked once already but I have highbeams in my car seperate to my HID's so their ok. As for wiring, I don't know how you wired your lights but this is how I did mine.

I made my own relays to pull the signal to turn on from the stock harness but, power from the battery, which is what a relay does. This way I don't have to worry about 30amps running through my stock wiring harness, and I can tap any wire I want to signal to turn them on. This way you know if you have it set on your high or low beams, just depends on what wire your tapping into.

Here is how my HID's look on my OLD GTI and on my Talon now.

Old 07-31-2002, 08:33 AM

Jim, that was a sweet Mark3 you had...why the Talon? >>

Is that Talon AWD?
Old 07-31-2002, 08:36 AM

Re: Jim, that was a sweet Mark3 you had...why the Talon? >>

Originally posted by Albertt
Is that Talon AWD?
TSi, yes, it's a 2G DSM AWD Turbo. And why did he get it? I would imagine it's because it'll spank that golf all day long! Not to mention the Maxipads here (Mine included)
Old 07-31-2002, 12:52 PM

Well to me, it's not only about driving fast >>

Originally posted by JdawgX

TSi, yes, it's a 2G DSM AWD Turbo. And why did he get it? I would imagine it's because it'll spank that golf all day long! Not to mention the Maxipads here (Mine included)
There's something very teutonic about driving a German car.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by tmkforever

A difference in which direction? Who's were brighter?

-Jon
A difference in any direction mine was brighter than the CL!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

You have a wire wrong. I think you might be using the high beam circuit as your ground. Might be only on one side, might be both.

Try this. Pull your stalk to put high beams on, do your lights shut off? If so, then you have the ground from the HID kit on the wrong wire.

Your HB indicator should not light up when your low beams are on.
When i put it on HB it stays on, when i put it on low beam it stays on. Any way i put the stalk on it stays on. But that dag HB indicator is annoying....
Old 07-31-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: Well to me, it's not only about driving fast >>

Originally posted by Albertt

There's something very teutonic about driving a German car.
Teu·ton·ic Pronunciation Key (t-tnk, ty-)
adj.
Of or relating to the ancient Teutons.
Of or relating to the Germanic languages or their speakers.

n.
Germanic.

huh???
Old 07-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

When i put it on HB it stays on, when i put it on low beam it stays on. Any way i put the stalk on it stays on. But that dag HB indicator is annoying....
That tells your problem right there. It's not wired up right. Your HID system should shut off when you put high beams on. You have a low beam and hi beam wire crossed. You have Hanabi's? Here's the wiring:

You have 3 wires in your headlight system on the car's plug. One black and two that are colored. The black is ground and goes to the black on your HID kit.

The red form you HID kit goes to the middle wire on the headlight plug on your car. In my car one side is green and the other is red.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:33 PM
VR6Jim

Re: Re: Jim, that was a sweet Mark3 you had...why the Talon? >>

The GTi did have this:

So the spanking wouldn't be done until I get my new turbo on. However after the turbo and ic I have yeah, spankings all day long.

The GTi was sweet believe me. However the talon is simply amazing. I just can't describe it, you just have to know believe me.

The difference is that it's a true sports car, acts like a true sports car, and goes like a true sports. That and I can pull anything, and I mean anything outta the hole no problem. Can you say 1.7 60ft times on a stock car?

Old 07-31-2002, 04:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Jim, that was a sweet Mark3 you had...why the Talon? >>

Originally posted by VR6Jim

The GTi did have this:

So the spanking wouldn't be done until I get my new turbo on. However after the turbo and ic I have yeah, spankings all day long.

The GTi was sweet believe me. However the talon is simply amazing. I just can't describe it, you just have to know believe me.

The difference is that it's a true sports car, acts like a true sports car, and goes like a true sports. That and I can pull anything, and I mean anything outta the hole no problem. Can you say 1.7 60ft times on a stock car?
hence my little side project (1G TSi)
Old 07-31-2002, 08:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

That tells your problem right there. It's not wired up right. Your HID system should shut off when you put high beams on. You have a low beam and hi beam wire crossed. You have Hanabi's? Here's the wiring:

You have 3 wires in your headlight system on the car's plug. One black and two that are colored. The black is ground and goes to the black on your HID kit.

The red form you HID kit goes to the middle wire on the headlight plug on your car. In my car one side is green and the other is red.
That's the way I have it hooked up. I double checked it! When I turn on my light the HB indicator come on even though it's on LB. When I put it on HB, light still stays on. When I put it back to LB still stays on. When I flashed High-Low-High-Low it stays the same way with the HB indicator always on.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:59 PM
GoldenGlory

Re: Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

jeff re-wired mine...no more hb light @@@!!!

Old 07-31-2002, 09:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Originally posted by GoldenGlory

jeff re-wired mine...no more hb light @@@!!!
Can you asks jeff how he re-wired it and post it to this thread?! I'm pretty sure I'm not the onlt one with this problem.

Thanxs~~
Old 07-31-2002, 10:32 PM
GoldenGlory

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Did anyone get there high beam light after installing....

Can you asks jeff how he re-wired it and post it to this thread?! I'm pretty sure I'm not the onlt one with this problem.

Thanxs~~
PM him maximus75 ... he great with hands on work ...

in time he will put on the 97 headlights on my 96 SE ...

Old 08-01-2002, 05:45 AM

JdawgX >>

Teu·ton·ic Pronunciation Key (t-tnk, ty-)
adj.
Of or relating to the ancient Teutons.
Of or relating to the Germanic languages or their speakers.

n.
Germanic.

huh???
The word is commonly used by automotive press to describe a feeling you get when driving German cars. I didn't know what they meant until my sophomore year in college when I drove a friend's 325i for a week. Now, four years later, having driven many a German car, including my lady's 2001 Golf 1.8T, I've realized that it is a feeling one can get only from German cars.