4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Head lights with starter!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 12:06 PM

Head lights with starter!

Does anyone know if there a way to connect my head lights...to my engine when it's being switch off? Because I've been having some problem when leaving my car after a loud blasting Bose System...that little beep beep sound is nothing you can hear ok! Then later after work you step to the car...can't wait to listen to the Bose, and the car does'nt start because of that Dam# head lights that I forgot to turn off that morning does anyone have some jumper cables This might be a lame post but sorry
Old 08-05-2002, 01:10 PM

A solution >>

Originally posted by starchildmax
Does anyone know if there a way to connect my head lights...to my engine when it's being switch off? Because I've been having some problem when leaving my car after a loud blasting Bose System...that little beep beep sound is nothing you can hear ok! Then later after work you step to the car...can't wait to listen to the Bose, and the car does'nt start because of that Dam# head lights that I forgot to turn off that morning does anyone have some jumper cables This might be a lame post but sorry
Lower the volume when you're driving. Maxima's are cars, not home entertainment units.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:24 PM

Re: A solution >>

Originally posted by Albertt

Lower the volume when you're driving. Maxima's are cars, not home entertainment units.
Yeah that might work..but I'am a lover of some good music!
Old 08-05-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm so hood

You like the Bose that much/it deafens you enough to where you can't hear the reminder beep? Wow
Old 08-05-2002, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by blizz20oma
You like the Bose that much/it deafens you enough to where you can't hear the reminder beep? Wow
The question is quite simple...it's not about how loud my system is or not! It's about the head lights saying on during the day by mistake
Old 08-05-2002, 02:58 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

The question is quite simple...it's not about how loud my system is or not! It's about the head lights saying on during the day by mistake
I have the same problem... but the thing is i am usually outta it and i just get outta the car quickly, shut the door and off i go... lol. The only place i can really think of connecting that is to the... ciggie lighter? I am not sure where else, but if we go to the headlights, corner, taillight relays under the hood and cut the wires and re-route them to the ciggie lighter, that would work.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by nadir_s

I have the same problem... but the thing is i am usually outta it and i just get outta the car quickly, shut the door and off i go... lol. The only place i can really think of connecting that is to the... ciggie lighter? I am not sure where else, but if we go to the headlights, corner, taillight relays under the hood and cut the wires and re-route them to the ciggie lighter, that would work.
I don't think the cigg. lighter will be enough power for it. i don't know what will be but i think it would just blow fuses all day

Ben
Old 08-05-2002, 03:28 PM

happened to me a few times (not because of loud music).....if i cant see my guages lit up, i dont turn my lights on...
Old 08-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Head lights with starter!

I used to have this problem, as I work a split shift (6pm-6am). It was dark when I left work, but the sun was out by the time I got home (1 hour commute). After working a 12 hour shift, I was pretty tired, and had a tendency to leave the lights on.

I solved it by making it a habit to always use my headlights (even during the day). So now it's second nature to turn them off whenever I leave my car.

If you don't like the idea of using your headlights during the day, you could always get a light sensor to turn them on/off for you.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by starchildmax
Does anyone know if there a way to connect my head lights...to my engine when it's being switch off? Because I've been having some problem when leaving my car after a loud blasting Bose System...that little beep beep sound is nothing you can hear ok! Then later after work you step to the car...can't wait to listen to the Bose, and the car does'nt start because of that Dam# head lights that I forgot to turn off that morning does anyone have some jumper cables This might be a lame post but sorry [/QUOTE
Old 08-06-2002, 07:11 AM

Starchildmax: Humans were blessed with a ability to learn >>

LEARN not to leave them on. I always run my fingers around the headlamp switch on the stalk prior to dismounting the vehicle...it's a good habit.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:04 AM

Best thing to do is to not forget! heh, or maybe have the beeping be as loud as your music on the bose system.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:31 AM

At this rate he's not going to be able to hear anything in a few years - I love good music, too, but I don't play it so loud that I can't hear afterwards. You're going to f*** up your ears, man, but they're yours to do so.
Its a good habit to shut off all of your accessories, too - A/C compressor, fan, lights, stereo, wipers, defrosters, etc. Less of a strain on the car when starting.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:25 AM

haha cigarette lighter!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by MaxKlinger
At this rate he's not going to be able to hear anything in a few years - I love good music, too, but I don't play it so loud that I can't hear afterwards. You're going to f*** up your ears, man, but they're yours to do so.
Its a good habit to shut off all of your accessories, too - A/C compressor, fan, lights, stereo, wipers, defrosters, etc. Less of a strain on the car when starting.
Maybe I do have some hearing problems gotta go check that out