4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by markeddy
Nightrider -

AND I QUOTE "As for the R1, how many of you ride bikes? There are very few bikes that can really run on the top end. The R1 is not one of them. After 110 mph it sort of runs out of breath. The R1 had me until about 115 and then I pulled on him. I had him by 2 1/2 carlengths by 130. I'll work on the video, but don't expect much."

What are you smoking? I will come to whereever you are just to race you anywhere and on any dry day for the cash/title to your car!

Have you ever ridden an R1 or GSXR1000? DOUBT IT! Heck, you probably don't even know what size engine a 1 liter bike has HAHA!

Everyone, here is the real deal I will outline 2 races I had, one with the 2001 600 CBRF4i that I owned in 2001, and the other with my 2001 R1 that I traded my F4i in for at the end of last year.

1. Race 1, 1990 IROC camaro, 3.73 rear end, and a built 383 stroker engine putting out 410HP at the rear wheel with Dyno sheet to boot. Result on my 600 from 90mph to 145mph -

10+ car lengths and lengthening

2. Race 2, 2001 Dodge Viper GTS with ACR performance package (10 more HP for 460HP, upgraded suspension components, yada yada). Result from 85-90mph from 2nd gear on my R1 -

15+ car lengths

Nightrider, what you fail to comprehend an R1 can do 110mph (not including speedo error) in 2nd gear. That rider you talked about didn't even try. Hell I fart around with all sorts of cars but know my position on the food chain. I am way beyond any STOCK manufactured car.

Get this through your thick skull, there is NO STOCK manufactured car apart from maybe on EXOTIC that will even come close to beating a stock 1 liter bike like an R1 or GSXR1000, NONE!

You can brag all you want about the Maxima, which is indeed a nice car, sporty, and zippy for a 4-door sedan. I don't care what you have done to that car, off the line or rolling on in any gear in your car; my R1 will run all over you and every other import (with maybe the exception of the 800HP Twin Turbo Supra that I keep hearing about), and some highly modded out 9-10 second Eclipses.

Yeah..yeah; I know there are some pretty quick Eclipses, Maximas, 3000GT's, believe me I know I raced a 93 Eclipse GSX, 1991 B4C police package camaro, 1992 Z28, and 1995 Z28. I even had an import and had it modded out from Archer Brothers racing; it was a 93 Eclipse GSX with HKS parts all over the thing. However, I would never think twice about racing a 1 liter bike for the cash/title with an experienced rider on that bike.

Stock R1's and GSXR's with a good rider can easily get 10 second passes on a track.

You my friend are just plain stupid and no nothing about import performance, muscle car performance, let alone streetbike performance. Go educate yourself before making such stupid comments.

Mark
01' R1
Well there you go Nightrider, someone that knows a thing or two about bikes.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Good Lord Night Rider and Papasmurf are making idiots out of themselves. Now Nightrider can take out a sportbikes I guess Nightrider completely forgets the painful fact that most 600cc sportbikes of today are deep 10-second rides that go 130-140mph in the 1/4 mile. I've seen plenty of sportbikes at my track pulling off rediculous ETs and MPHs (10s @125mph) even though the rider babies it off the line or pulls the front end so high that they have to back off the gas. Nightrider has no idea how fast a 10 second bike can accelerate from 70-140mph. Think about it. In the time is takes Nightrider to go a 15.5@90mph in the 1/4 mile, the bike already has over a 5-second and 40+mph advantage. Hmmmmmmm.......

Motorcycles have horrible aerodynamics (huge frontal area) which slow them down, BUT their power to weight ratio makes up for the brick-like aerodynamics. Take a 450lb sportbike with 110rwhp with a 170lb rider vs Nightrider in his 3100lb auto SE with 170fwhp with a 170lb (?) driver. The bike's power to weight is 5.3:1 vs Nightriders 19:2. Yeah, I can see Nightrider walking the bike

This whole "tuned for the highway" thing Nightrider and Papasmurf keep refering to is such a joke. Now they are hinting at rebuilt motors, "special" intake filters, and topsecret "Midas" work? Please people, am I gonna have to pull out my hip waders? Will someone from DC, Maryland, Mass PLEASE go race these guys ASAP. I already sense that the other DC'ers don't have much belief in these two characters rides.

Plenty of people have witnessed my car's topend on and of the track. Fellow riders say it just keeps going and going on the highway, BUT when I'm at the track racing an LS1 or a DOHC Cobra and they start running away from me after the 1/8 mile, I know damn well I would never catch them up top simply because they have a superior power to weight ratio. I'm not stupid and I know my place.

Dave
Old 08-14-2002, 08:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Night Rider,

I live in the D.C. metro area. In Burtonsville, MD. I own a 2001 r1, no mods or anything, but id like to CHALLENGE you to a friendly top end battle. Email me at ricardo@pileofgarbage.com

I know several roads we can test things out. Roll ons, top end, 0-100, 0-60. Etc.. Maybe you can bring a video camera? I only own a still pics camera. You can mount it on your car, perhaps mount it looking backwards because you will probably lose me on top end.

Anyway, its up to you.

Cheers
Ricardo
Old 08-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

helllo all.....................

I registered here for the sole purpose of replying to this thread. If those offenders truly believe that they have vehicles which could run an R1 top end , they should notify Nissan immediately and notify them of the "ringers" they have. Nissan would probably pay more than the car was purchased for new to get them back (assuming they could run top end with an R1.) The maxima is good at doing what it was made to do , travel the highways and biways carrying a load of passengers in a spirited manner and being quite comfortable all at once. The R1 was made to haul *** , all the time. It's very good at it. Take it back dude, stop the lie now, before feelings are hurt.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by NightRider

This is true. My beating an LS1 was a one time thing. You guys are comparing 1/4 mile running to highway running. Its a totally different senario. Granted most roadcourse cars are also great 1/4 mile runners, there are few that can only do 16s in the 1/4 mile but will whip up on almost anything in roadcourse. My car may be capable of high 14s, but definitely not 13s. I told people before my car is slow to anything below 80 mph. However, on the highway, at 80 and above, the car just opens up. It is something that you definitely have to see for yourself. Its hard to do a video of my car that fast on the highway because video seems to slow everything down. Ask anyone who has recorded anything and they will tell you that you can't really capture speed on video. As for the R1, how many of you ride bikes? There are very few bikes that can really run on the top end. The R1 is not one of them. After 110 mph it sort of runs out of breath. The R1 had me until about 115 and then I pulled on him. I had him by 2 1/2 carlengths by 130. I'll work on the video, but don't expect much.
hi people,

i'm new here and i own an R1,a 2002 actually.the top end of an R1 is around 170-171ish.136-137hp to the rear wheels,wet weight of 425 pounds.the R1 comes nowhere close to "sort of running out of breath" after 110 unless....the rider doesn't shift into 3rd.

i'm sorry....i know alot of you guys have truly fast cars,but this guy is stoned.if no one else will say it then i will.....this guy is lying thru his teeth.there is no way that his car runs like that.NONE.this guy lives in DC.looks like he is also a practicing (lying)politicion(sp?)

nightrider,richard...d*ck,can i call you d*ck?ok,kewl....now d*ck....lie #1...you had the r1 by 2.5 carlengths in a 15mph window?don't you think he was completely out of the throttle at that point?maybe because he kicked your butt so bad he quit early?just how long did it take you to catch up to him anyway?.lie #2...you have a gsxr 1000 and it has no top end rush?dewd..that bike puts 147hp to the rear in stock form.top end is mid 180's.you ever have your wheel(s) spin on you at 130?(i'm sure you'll say yes you have and they probably don't stop spinning until 160 or so huh?)you saying that your car blows this off the road?oh i'm sorry....all your races are "staged"....i tend to agree,as will most others here.the only way your buddy was "thrown back in his seat at 80mph" is if you backhanded him in the forehead while you were doing 30.

you have any video yet of your blazing speed?i have some of mine.

it's a good thing you don't live around here,because we could race title for title,i could use a different car.

post your proof jerky boy,and if it is real,and can be proven so,i'll apologize.but.....i have no doubt that you won't/can't post proof,so until then....your lying.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by scorch
Night Rider,

I live in the D.C. metro area. In Burtonsville, MD. I own a 2001 r1, no mods or anything, but id like to CHALLENGE you to a friendly top end battle. Email me at ricardo@pileofgarbage.com

I know several roads we can test things out. Roll ons, top end, 0-100, 0-60. Etc.. Maybe you can bring a video camera? I only own a still pics camera. You can mount it on your car, perhaps mount it looking backwards because you will probably lose me on top end.

Anyway, its up to you.

Cheers
Ricardo

o god! i really hope he doesnt accept
Old 08-14-2002, 09:10 PM

I think testosterone is running a bit high here. Why cant the words, Your car cant beat my Bike, be said nicley???
Old 08-14-2002, 09:23 PM
SLOW

NightRider = 0wn3d

NightRider if we're ever in the same area (I'm in SW Michigan) $300 says your all motor maxima gets taken by my all motor maxima. From a roll or a stop, your choice.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
Will someone from DC, Maryland, Mass PLEASE go race these guys ASAP. I already sense that the other DC'ers have much belief in these two characters rides.
Dave let's set the record straight. Please don't malign part or any of the DC Crew on this matter. We arent idiots, not even close. We are just as skeptical about this issue as all of you are. I cant speak for anyone else, but what I said is that we (the DC Crew)know that their car's are quick but never did I or any member of the DC Crew say that he could beat an R1 or hang with an LS1. My brother has a 94 LT1 and he's been licking his chops at a run with Richard. Most or many of us know and see Richard so we arent just going to jump all over his back like you guys, but at the same time that doesnt mean we think he's telling the truth.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:47 PM

What the ... ?

I go to workout and trolls suddenly appear!

At least all you trolls are mature about everything.

I'll leave this thread open for the time being so that papasmurf or NightRider can respond.

But if it starts to get ugly, I'll lock it like the other thread.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:25 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by DCmax

Dave let's set the record straight. Please don't malign part or any of the DC Crew on this matter. We arent idiots, not even close. We are just as skeptical about this issue as all of you are. I cant speak for anyone else, but what I said is that we (the DC Crew)know that their car's are quick but never did I or any member of the DC Crew say that he could beat an R1 or hang with an LS1. My brother has a 94 LT1 and he's been licking his chops at a run with Richard. Most or many of us know and see Richard so we arent just going to jump all over his back like you guys, but at the same time that doesnt mean we think he's telling the truth.
I edited my prior post. I meant to say the DC group doesn't believe them either. Please have your brother race them. I know how fast LT1s are and can be because I use own a modified 94 Z28 before my Maxima.

BTW, I don't necessarily think either of them are lying, instead I think they are racing people who aren't downshifting their bike or they're just "playing" with them on the highway. When I had my Z28, my roommate had a GSXR-750. We toyed around one night from 50-120mph. I was neck and neck with him the whole way. We pulled off and I said I couldn't believe my Z28 did so well. Truth was he left the bike in 3rd the whole race We ran again and he used 2nd and needless to say it wasn't funny how hard he pulled on. He sat there next to me and just stared me down as he went WOT and left me hard. It was quite humbling.

Dave
Old 08-14-2002, 10:49 PM

I have nothing to add. I just wanna be part of one of the funniest threads I've ever read.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:57 PM

Nightrider you are one of the biggest BS'ers I have ever met. Please quit posting defending your lie and just let it die. Your a joke and I am willing to bet that your car is too. You beating R1's and LS1 and then the kicker...comparing your cars top end to an M5. A E39 M5 would pull on your sorry auto in 5th gear at 80. I think I am gonna apply at my local Midas so I can learn the fine art of the "secret mods".
Old 08-15-2002, 05:59 AM

Do you guys even read the subject of the threads you click on?

This started off as a legitimate question and rapidly turned into a bunch of useless trash talk.

Jim
Old 08-15-2002, 06:05 AM
Administrator

not at 10 PSI i could take out an R1.. i want some of what night rider is smoking
Old 08-15-2002, 07:25 AM

Maybe it's overkill by now, but I wanted to mention that I traded my '99 Maxima SE Limited 5 speed for a 2002 Trans Am (LS1) 6 speed. The acceleration of the LS1 60mph+ is incredibly better than the Maxima was, a race on the highway would be murder. Top speed of an LS1 F-body is somewhere around 165mph.

I'll go back into my hole now, posting every couple years or so
Old 08-15-2002, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by theblue

Click ME

Great, now everyone think the Maxima is a joke. Great going Nightrider.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Great, now everyone think the Maxima is a joke. Great going Nightrider.
I think that they are smart enough to see it's only one person here who is being st00pid
Old 08-15-2002, 11:38 AM

You gotta beat me first

Nightrider..

Funny. Nealoc you have to be the DUMBEST member on this board. You are just stuck on this quarter mile thing and its not even funny. I REPEATEDLY said that given a 1/4 mile run, an LS1 would murder me. If I'm moving already, on a highway run, its a different story. Same thing with the bike. I own a GSX-R1000 and the top end on a bike is not as ridiculous as you think. Face it. Your car is slow. You have nothing to run against me. You are sad because you'll never be as fast as me on the highway. STOP THE HATE!! As someone said on the other thread, you know nothing about my car. You even got my mods wrong. I don't have 300zx injectors! DCmax has never seen my car. I saw his car once, at the track. I didn't have my car with me because I rode with a friend. Ask the DC Members who have seen my car. We have our own board you know...
Old 08-15-2002, 01:14 PM

Re: You gotta beat me first

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
Nightrider..
Dude, you're no match!!

First off let me set some things straight. I OWN a GSXR1000. I know what they can do. The R1 suprised the hell out of me too, until it was beaten. I'm not claiming victorious over all cars and bikes. I'm just saying that it happened. You all who say it can't weren't there. My other road kills from a roll were a 98' Camaro Z28 as well as a 99' Camaro SS. Ask the New York boys about Bruce's car. Clee was there. I don't know where these "secret Midas Mods" came about. I worked at a Midas as a Manager. All I did while I was there was some regular maintenance stuff. All of my mods were done at home. I never hinted at any motor work either. I just designed the car the way it is meant to run. If you use well designed parts you can squeeze more power out of your car than a not-so-well designed part. I just did my research before I built it. Dave B, I don't know what your problem is. Maybe the only type of racing you ever did was drag. You are so stuck on 1/4 mile that your whole argument is moot. Nealoc, if I am in your area, I'll stop by and show you what it does. Until then, I can still say I can beat you. As for the DC Crew, we are in the middle of talking smack about each others cars. That's all we do. It helps us stay motivated. BTW to the R1 owner, Burtonsville isn't that close to DC. But if you want, I'll see you on rt.50. You can bring your camera. The people arguing the point haven't done anything but twist my words around. All that's left is proof now. You'll get it. You'll just have to wait and stop posting nonsense until you see it. No one believed Don ran a 12.2 until the video was out. And now there are still people who don't believe. I expected people not to believe me. I don't care. I know how Maxima.org works. I'm a veteran of this club for 7 years now. I always know what I am talking about and have never posted anything that didn't help someone. No one on this .org can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm sure I have helped all of you in someway or another. That is all I have to say.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

BTW to the R1 owner, Burtonsville isn't that close to DC. But if you want, I'll see you on rt.50.

Night Rider,

When? What part of route 50? Email me at ricardo@pileofgarbage.com so we can set something up.

Ricardo

Old 08-15-2002, 01:50 PM

It's amazing how a person can go through so much trouble to prove someone wrong and make them look stupid.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:11 PM

Dude, you're no match!!

First off let me set some things straight. I OWN a GSXR1000. I know what they can do. The R1 suprised the hell out of me too, until it was beaten. I'm not claiming victorious over all cars and bikes. I'm just saying that it happened.

Don't you get it? It never happened... maybe you passed an R1 that was parked on the side of the road, but if you want us to believe you then take up the offer and race the R1 owner
You all who say it can't weren't there. My other road kills from a roll were a 98' Camaro Z28 as well as a 99' Camaro SS. Ask the New York boys about Bruce's car. Clee was there. I don't know where these "secret Midas Mods" came about. I worked at a Midas as a Manager. All I did while I was there was some regular maintenance stuff. All of my mods were done at home. I never hinted at any motor work either. I just designed the car the way it is meant to run. If you use well designed parts you can squeeze more power out of your car than a not-so-well designed part.
You have done nothing amazing and your car is slow
I just did my research before I built it. Dave B, I don't know what your problem is.
Research??? what research? I have seen daveB reporting all kinds of research from variable lungs to hybrid intakes, what have you done?
Maybe the only type of racing you ever did was drag. You are so stuck on 1/4 mile that your whole argument is moot. Nealoc, if I am in your area, I'll stop by and show you what it does. Until then, I can still say I can beat you.
You just don't get it??? you can turn overdrive on and off all you want, you're nothing amazing on the top end and your 1/4 times would hint at amazing top end power if you did
As for the DC Crew, we are in the middle of talking smack about each others cars. That's all we do. It helps us stay motivated. BTW to the R1 owner, Burtonsville isn't that close to DC. But if you want, I'll see you on rt.50. You can bring your camera. The people arguing the point haven't done anything but twist my words around.
I did nothing but QUOTEyou
All that's left is proof now. You'll get it. You'll just have to wait and stop posting nonsense until you see it. No one believed Don ran a 12.2 until the video was out.
most people believe don, he has also developed a VBmod and shown to be an expert on the subject of maxima performance
And now there are still people who don't believe. I expected people not to believe me. I don't care. I know how Maxima.org works. I'm a veteran of this club for 7 years now.
Interesting: Join date: 09-03-2000
I always know what I am talking about and have never posted anything that didn't help someone. No one on this .org can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm sure I have helped all of you in someway or another. That is all I have to say.
you don't know what you are talking about - remember when you claimed your intake allowed the air to flow by so fast that you could rev to 7000rpms on the stock ECU:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=138966
Old 08-15-2002, 02:14 PM

I feel like doug after reading my last post
Old 08-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dude, you're no match!!

First off let me set some things straight. I OWN a GSXR1000. I know what they can do. The R1 suprised the hell out of me too, until it was beaten. I'm not claiming victorious over all cars and bikes. I'm just saying that it happened. You all who say it can't weren't there. My other road kills from a roll were a 98' Camaro Z28 as well as a 99' Camaro SS. Ask the New York boys about Bruce's car. Clee was there. I don't know where these "secret Midas Mods" came about. I worked at a Midas as a Manager. All I did while I was there was some regular maintenance stuff. All of my mods were done at home. I never hinted at any motor work either. I just designed the car the way it is meant to run. If you use well designed parts you can squeeze more power out of your car than a not-so-well designed part. I just did my research before I built it. Dave B, I don't know what your problem is. Maybe the only type of racing you ever did was drag. You are so stuck on 1/4 mile that your whole argument is moot. Nealoc, if I am in your area, I'll stop by and show you what it does. Until then, I can still say I can beat you. As for the DC Crew, we are in the middle of talking smack about each others cars. That's all we do. It helps us stay motivated. BTW to the R1 owner, Burtonsville isn't that close to DC. But if you want, I'll see you on rt.50. You can bring your camera. The people arguing the point haven't done anything but twist my words around. All that's left is proof now. You'll get it. You'll just have to wait and stop posting nonsense until you see it. No one believed Don ran a 12.2 until the video was out. And now there are still people who don't believe. I expected people not to believe me. I don't care. I know how Maxima.org works. I'm a veteran of this club for 7 years now. I always know what I am talking about and have never posted anything that didn't help someone. No one on this .org can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm sure I have helped all of you in someway or another. That is all I have to say.

dewd....c'mon...give it up will you?i have been on this board for a grand total of 21 hours now an i probably have more credibility about maxima mods than you do.and i own a 71 toyota wagon.

you do realize that you can gear a car for acceleration or top end right?ok....now follow me here,this might be confusing.....to have your car so fast top end you need lots of horsepower,don't forget the whole aerodynamic/horsepower break even point where eventually no matter how fast your car is the drag will eventually make you stop going foward i.e. no more acceration i.e. top speed drag limited.post a dyno chart of your car(a real one) and let us see what your pumping out.weigh your car.divide the weight by the hp....see what you get.my R1 is 2.77 pounds per horsepower(380lbs./137 hp).with me (165#) on it it is still only 3.97lbs per hp.is your car anywhere near this?i seriously,SERIOUSLY doubt it.

"I never hinted at any motor work either. I just designed the car the way it is meant to run."

so do you have any motor mods?or is it all trans mods?wish i was fast mods?no offense to you other maxima owners,but....dewd...the car,it's a mom's grocery getter.yes,they can be made to faster and quicker,but to that extent?not unless you get a ferrari and skin it in maxima clothes,even then......

"No one on this .org can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm sure I have helped all of you in someway or another."

i'm on this .org and i'm telling you that in this case you don't know crap what your talking about.

someone had posted in another forum that you probably passed the r1 while he was slowing down(waiting for you) and then you,as they put it,went flying by ricer style to claim a victory.if you don't know what i mean by this,it means you wait until the race is over and the other guy is slowing and as long as you pass him ...you win.

ok,so the ball is in your court for posting proof.as i said before,you make me believe you and i will publicly apologize to everyone here for wasting their time and yours.and if you don't/won't/can't post proof that everyone is willing to accept as the truth...you publicly announce that your a liar.so,post up or shut up......liar.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Custom User Title

Cumalot..this is off the subject but, what kind of headlights are those? HID? Purple Tinted bulbs? Either way..they look sweeet!
Old 08-15-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Don't you get it? It never happened... maybe you passed an R1 that was parked on the side of the road, but if you want us to believe you then take up the offer and race the R1 owner

You have done nothing amazing and your car is slow

Research??? what research? I have seen daveB reporting all kinds of research from variable lungs to hybrid intakes, what have you done?

You just don't get it??? you can turn overdrive on and off all you want, you're nothing amazing on the top end and your 1/4 times would hint at amazing top end power if you did

I did nothing but QUOTEyou

most people believe don, he has also developed a VBmod and shown to be an expert on the subject of maxima performance
Interesting: Join date: 09-03-2000

you don't know what you are talking about - remember when you claimed your intake allowed the air to flow by so fast that you could rev to 7000rpms on the stock ECU:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=138966
[/B]
Join date 09-03-2000. When Maxima.Org started. Idiot.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by ImStockBaby
Cumalot..this is off the subject but, what kind of headlights are those? HID? Purple Tinted bulbs? Either way..they look sweeet!

Yes they're HIDs. Hanabi HIDs to be exact and yes they're the purple ones.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Join date 09-03-2000. When Maxima.Org started. Idiot.
so you were a member of maxima.org before it existed?
Old 08-15-2002, 05:31 PM

Re: what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s

Originally posted by 96_vqmax
anybody know what mod does it take to make 96 se auto into low 14s ET,N/A
NITROUS!!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 06:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Well, there were several other boards before the .org. The members just kept moving, maybe that's what he meant.

I still don't understand how anyone can say that an auto maxima has good topend though, it plain sucks. I get beat by everybody on the highway in my auto, and it has a blower. 1st and 2nd gear are fast, then the car hits 3rd and it's like I hit the brakes.

But I once passed a Viper on the highway while he was slowing down for an exit, so I guess I can claim that I beat Vipers on the top end.

Old 08-15-2002, 06:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Yes. I was in the car club before Maxima.org was in existence. I know about all of the veterans, because I'm one of them. I used to own a third gen until it was totalled. I came back to the Maxima because I was used to the feel. I didn't start getting serious with performance upgrades on this car until about 6 months ago. However, I have worked on cars all my life. I probably have more automotive knowledge than Dave B at this point. I'll never know because it looks like he just reads everything from a magazine. I HAVE helped many people on the .Org. Dave B's writeups don't have to do with anything because they don't help anyone but him. When people ask questions on here, I answer with informative posts. I definitely know what I'm talking about. You guys are jumping on me and calling BS and don't know the first thing about me. That shows immaturity. I expected the R1 guys to be the same way because everyone has to defend their crown, and the bike crowd in the DC area is full of immature people. As far as research, I headed a thread on various spring rates and what they do for the Maxima. Also the effect of corner balancing for people with coilovers. Helpful for people who want to tweak their suspensions. I gave input on what the best suspension setup would be. I gave Brian Catts the information he needed to make his Generation 4 Coilovers! I've told the .Org about our intakes before we even started selling them. Otherwise, I don't feel as though I'm obligated to report everything I do to my car. Most of my help has been in the DC area because they are the only ones I see day to day and would want to help. The members that have met me at meets know that I am one of the most knowledgable people on the .Org. They look for me at local meets and will call me if I haven't shown up. I am not by any means a liar. I have nothing to gain by lying to people I don't even know. You people think you are bashing on some newbie here. I'm not. You all are just non-believers. I can understand that but try to show maturity while your speaking.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:30 PM

I like how you ignore everything I point out except for the join date thing... that can be argued either way....
but how do you explain you 7000rpm intake?
it has been proven BEYOND A DOUBT that even if you had 500HP you would lose to an R1...

how about you face the fact that you made a fool out of yourself and possibly discredited your "tuner company" and now I doubt anybody will believe papasmurf beacuse of your foolishness
Old 08-15-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Yes. I was in the car club before Maxima.org was in existence. I know about all of the veterans, because I'm one of them. I used to own a third gen until it was totalled. I came back to the Maxima because I was used to the feel. I didn't start getting serious with performance upgrades on this car until about 6 months ago. However, I have worked on cars all my life. I probably have more automotive knowledge than Dave B at this point. I'll never know because it looks like he just reads everything from a magazine. I HAVE helped many people on the .Org. Dave B's writeups don't have to do with anything because they don't help anyone but him. When people ask questions on here, I answer with informative posts. I definitely know what I'm talking about. You guys are jumping on me and calling BS and don't know the first thing about me. That shows immaturity. I expected the R1 guys to be the same way because everyone has to defend their crown, and the bike crowd in the DC area is full of immature people. As far as research, I headed a thread on various spring rates and what they do for the Maxima. Also the effect of corner balancing for people with coilovers. Helpful for people who want to tweak their suspensions. I gave input on what the best suspension setup would be. I gave Brian Catts the information he needed to make his Generation 4 Coilovers! I've told the .Org about our intakes before we even started selling them. Otherwise, I don't feel as though I'm obligated to report everything I do to my car. Most of my help has been in the DC area because they are the only ones I see day to day and would want to help. The members that have met me at meets know that I am one of the most knowledgable people on the .Org. They look for me at local meets and will call me if I haven't shown up. I am not by any means a liar. I have nothing to gain by lying to people I don't even know. You people think you are bashing on some newbie here. I'm not. You all are just non-believers. I can understand that but try to show maturity while your speaking.
Um... this is a little OT but I sent you your money order 2 days ago. Let me know when you get it.
-Cyrus
Old 08-15-2002, 06:34 PM

nightrider, why don't you just sell your maxima, buy an old f-body, paint it black (i hear home depot has a sale on spray paint) and build a real nightrider, and stop bs'ing here. face the facts. the bike didn't "race" you, and if he did, he gave up long before you did, and you just did a nice "ricer flyby" -- it's like, if i raced a 360 modena in my rsx, and he stopped trying and i passed him, that's not a "win" or "kill" that's just my car passing his... hell, you probably think every time you pass the porsche dealer that you own all the 911s in the parking lot.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:37 PM

alright... lets get clee back in here to lock this thread down... this thread is starting to give maxima.org a bad name... we have R1 owners and even RSX guys laughing at nightrider... let's call it a day
Old 08-15-2002, 06:38 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: You gotta beat me first

Originally posted by Prowler

you do realize that you can gear a car for acceleration or top end right?ok....now follow me here,this might be confusing.....to have your car so fast top end you need lots of horsepower,don't forget the whole aerodynamic/horsepower break even point where eventually no matter how fast your car is the drag will eventually make you stop going foward i.e. no more acceration i.e. top speed drag limited.post a dyno chart of your car(a real one) and let us see what your pumping out.weigh your car.divide the weight by the hp....see what you get.my R1 is 2.77 pounds per horsepower(380lbs./137 hp).with me (165#) on it it is still only 3.97lbs per hp.is your car anywhere near this?i seriously,SERIOUSLY doubt it.

You live in florida eh? I live in Lake Mary (central florida)...wanna do a friendly race

Old 08-15-2002, 06:39 PM
SLOW

and possibly discredited your "tuner company" and now I doubt anybody will believe papasmurf beacuse of your foolishness
I'd say it's pretty much a definite that he's discredited his company... boy I'd be ****ed if my little lie blew up in my face and destroyed my company's reputation.

I especially like the part about revving to 7000rpm on the stock ECU because of a tuned intake... nice, your auto is putting about 95hp to the wheels at 7000rpm... I'm sure that really gets you movin to take out those R1s.

"Nealoc all I can say is that I'm faster than you" show me the proof bud.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Custom User Title

Wow..u could sense the activity in this thread a mile away..

Just wanted to comment on theblue..your car is awesome, how is the grille coming along?
Old 08-15-2002, 06:46 PM

man, i saw mechanic's dyno of an auto when we were up in Toronto @ DPE Racing Engines, and i'm sure he's got more money, time, and better modifications on his maxima, and my rsx still put down more power than him (and it's a little 2.0L torqueless wonder for christ's sake).... nightrider is smoking crack and is an embarasment to this board imo...

Quick Reply: what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s