4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 02:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s

anybody know what mod does it take to make 96 se auto into low 14s ET,N/A
Old 08-12-2002, 04:38 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Re: what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s

I don't think that's going to happen...ever(on the stock motor w/ bolt ons)
Old 08-12-2002, 05:13 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

100 shot of nitrous oxide.

That should get you in the 13s...

Several members have done it.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:30 AM

N/A
Old 08-12-2002, 05:39 AM

'96 Sleeper's 14.94:

Hybrid JWT Intake
Cattman SS Y-pipe
RT Cat
B-pipe (non-mandrel 2.5)
Stock Muffler
G-Force ECU
FSTB
RSB
Don's VB Mod
Enkei RS5 16x7 w/ 225/50-16 Kuhmo's
B&G Lowering Springs
KYB AGX
Old 08-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Don Cooper's old 4th gen GXE auto:

JWT
CAI
Y-pipe
Catback
UDP
I30 VLSD auto
higher stall torque converter
tiny slicks
14.2@93mph

Low 12s with the nitrous

Dave
Old 08-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Vyrus
'96 Sleeper's 14.94:

Hybrid JWT Intake
Cattman SS Y-pipe
RT Cat
B-pipe (non-mandrel 2.5)
Stock Muffler
G-Force ECU
FSTB
RSB
Don's VB Mod
B&G Lowering Springs
KYB AGX
I am sorry.. i didn't know 14.94 was low 14s
Old 08-12-2002, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
I am sorry.. i didn't know 14.94 was low 14s
My post was a start... 4th Gen auto Maxs int he 14s are hard to come by so I gave him a start. Plus 96sleeper does not have all the mods on the market so you put it together genius.
-Cyrus
Old 08-12-2002, 06:14 PM
JsL

Don't forget about adding a variable intake too.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:31 PM

'96 Sleeper's 14.94:

Hybrid JWT Intake
Cattman SS Y-pipe
RT Cat
B-pipe (non-mandrel 2.5)
Stock Muffler
G-Force ECU
FSTB
RSB
Don's VB Mod
B&G Lowering Springs
KYB AGX
Im gonna get him soon. Just need the weather to drop below 90.

I ran my 15.13 in June at 83 degrees. This is before changing to a different intake setup, getting the warpspeed B pipe and oh yeah swapping out a clogged fuel filter and fixing a massive exhaust leak I had where the cat met the stock b pipe.

I'll be ecstatic if I can break into the 14's.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by DCmax

Im gonna get him soon. Just need the weather to drop below 90.

I ran my 15.13 in June at 83 degrees. This is before changing to a different intake setup, getting the warpspeed B pipe and oh yeah swapping out a clogged fuel filter and fixing a massive exhaust leak I had where the cat met the stock b pipe.

I'll be ecstatic if I can break into the 14's.
You may get my old record, but I am not done modding either. VI will be here soon and I also have a test pipe and high flow muffler now. I can't wait for the cold weather.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by 96sleeper

You may get my old record, but I am not done modding either. VI will be here soon and I also have a test pipe and high flow muffler now. I can't wait for the cold weather.
I think this is great. I love the competition between autos. There's a competition of sorts between some members of the DC Crew but we all know about your record with BSwithTF close behind you.

Right now I think our official DC Crew count is

1. 96Sleeper 14.94
2. BSwithTF 15.05
3. BenBlanco218 15.09
4. DCmax 15.13
Old 08-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Custom User Title

Do what they did with the sentra SE-R in last months issue of Sport Compact Tuner...(either last month or the month before)

they made that thing run 14's down from the stock 16's no mods whatsoever..well...

basically they stripped the car...removed fenders, hood, cut roof off, removed all doors, EVERYTHING, when i saw this i was lmao! def check it out
Old 08-12-2002, 11:37 PM

hah drive iwth no hood and doors and heck take out the trunk too
Old 08-13-2002, 01:30 PM

It take a 4.10 gear, 3300-3600rpm stall TC, weight reduction, full bolt ons + slicks or drag radials. There you have it.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:30 PM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

Twin turbo + 100 shot. Blow your engine into the 10's
Old 08-13-2002, 07:29 PM
SLOW

I think this is great. I love the competition between autos. There's a competition of sorts between some members of the DC Crew but we all know about your record with BSwithTF close behind you.

Right now I think our official DC Crew count is

1. 96Sleeper 14.94
2. BSwithTF 15.05
3. BenBlanco218 15.09
4. DCmax 15.13
Hey don't forget your fellow DC guy NightRider with all his LS1 killing power
Old 08-13-2002, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
It take a 4.10 gear

Can you explain further on this? How much would it cost?
Old 08-13-2002, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187

Hey don't forget your fellow DC guy NightRider with all his LS1 killing power
Are you joking?

My brother has a LSI and he beats me so bad it's not even funny.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:28 PM
SLOW

Are you joking?

My brother has a LSI and he beats me so bad it's not even funny.
Check out the thread that is called "Just who has the fastest 4th gen". That fool actually thinks he can take LS1s and modded crotch rockets on the highway. He claims all sorts of stupid crap.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187

Check out the thread that is called "Just who has the fastest 4th gen". That fool actually thinks he can take LS1s and modded crotch rockets on the highway. He claims all sorts of stupid crap.
Funny. Nealoc you have to be the DUMBEST member on this board. You are just stuck on this quarter mile thing and its not even funny. I REPEATEDLY said that given a 1/4 mile run, an LS1 would murder me. If I'm moving already, on a highway run, its a different story. Same thing with the bike. I own a GSX-R1000 and the top end on a bike is not as ridiculous as you think. Face it. Your car is slow. You have nothing to run against me. You are sad because you'll never be as fast as me on the highway. STOP THE HATE!! As someone said on the other thread, you know nothing about my car. You even got my mods wrong. I don't have 300zx injectors! DCmax has never seen my car. I saw his car once, at the track. I didn't have my car with me because I rode with a friend. Ask the DC Members who have seen my car. We have our own board you know...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by NightRider

Funny. Nealoc you have to be the DUMBEST member on this board. You are just stuck on this quarter mile thing and its not even funny. I REPEATEDLY said that given a 1/4 mile run, an LS1 would murder me. If I'm moving already, on a highway run, its a different story. Same thing with the bike. I own a GSX-R1000 and the top end on a bike is not as ridiculous as you think. Face it. Your car is slow. You have nothing to run against me. You are sad because you'll never be as fast as me on the highway. STOP THE HATE!! As someone said on the other thread, you know nothing about my car. You even got my mods wrong. I don't have 300zx injectors! DCmax has never seen my car. I saw his car once, at the track. I didn't have my car with me because I rode with a friend. Ask the DC Members who have seen my car. We have our own board you know...
Well either you have a really selective memory and you are thinking of someone else. Richard, Ive met you like 5 times and I've met Bruce a couple of times too. I was right with you the entire time on the way to the Jersey City meet in July, I met you at the Haynes Point meet this year, and I believe a couple of other local meets. I've seen your car, Ive seen under your hood, Ive ran along side your car and Bruce's car and I've chatted with Bruce at length about his car.

I didn't know your car had a supernatural top end and as Im not calling you a liar, I've just never really watched for it. Bruce on the other hand I have watched for and I've seen how fast that thing goes. As I've told him, Im not calling him a liar with his 14.0, but I, as well as the rest of the DC Crew would love to see it with our own eyes. If it was legit, we'd be happy to rep for our crew. People have asked you and Bruce what AVERAGE 1/4 mile ETs are for you and we have yet to get any answers. Little things like that are what Im thirsting to know. If your cars are as fast as your say they are, MORE POWER TO YOU, we'd just like you to share your greatest, i.e. timeslips, vids, etc.

My brother has a '94 LS1. He runs consistent low 12's and this is before his new cams and transmission. He'd be happy to run you from 80-120 when he gets back from school.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:37 PM

Well either you have a really selective memory and you are thinking of someone else. Richard, Ive met you like 5 times and I've met Bruce a couple of times too. I was right with you the entire time on the way to the Jersey City meet in July, I met you at the Haynes Point meet this year, and I believe a couple of other local meets. I've seen your car, Ive seen under your hood, Ive ran along side your car and Bruce's car and I've chatted with Bruce at length about his car.

I didn't know your car had a supernatural top end and as Im not calling you a liar, I've just never really watched for it. Bruce on the other hand I have watched for and I've seen how fast that thing goes. As I've told him, Im not calling him a liar with his 14.0, but I, as well as the rest of the DC Crew would love to see it with our own eyes. If it was legit, we'd be happy to rep for our crew. People have asked you and Bruce what AVERAGE 1/4 mile ETs are for you and we have yet to get any answers. Little things like that are what Im thirsting to know. If your cars are as fast as your say they are, MORE POWER TO YOU, we'd just like you to share your greatest, i.e. timeslips, vids, etc.

My brother has a '94 LS1. He runs consistent low 12's and this is before his new cams and transmission. He'd be happy to run you from 80-120 when he gets back from school.
Sorry, I must not have remembered your car then. Did you see on the way to the Jersey meet, when about four of us broke off and went high speed? I let the other three go and then proceeded to catch them. Surely you had to have seen that. No one has asked to see my average ETs because everyone has seen them. All of the one's are before the NEW mods. I've also only raced with my 17s. The competition you guys have doesn't include me because I haven't even taken off my heavy 17s to run. The last time I ran was a 15.50 with an intake and ECU and my 2k1 17s. Since then I have added a y-pipe, custom exhaust and muffler, hyper ground, and gave the car a tune up. I haven't raced since I lost my job in February. I haven't had much money for things like that since then. But I have been using the extra time to make the car faster. My small job a Midas helped me with a few mods. Now I'm going to start a new job this week, so look for me at the track before it closes.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:27 AM

this guy is full of it. and btw, the LS1 wasnt availiable in 94' that was the LT1.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
this guy is full of it. and btw, the LS1 wasnt availiable in 94' that was the LT1.
YOU ARE FULL OF IT! You don't even know me. You've never seen my car in action. You've never even seen me, yet you're calling me a liar. You don't know if I've rebuilt my motor or anything. You never even asked what was done to the car. You automatically assumed that I was driving YOUR car, which isn't capable of running with a sports car. I'm not. My car is being rebuilt to make it a contender with a high-end sprorts car inside and out. I didn't buy my car to add a bunch of bolt ons and drive it around making a bunch of noise. I bought it because I saw a platform to work with. I'm in school for Automotive Design and Engineering. I use my car as a portfolio. The mods that I design and make are tested and marked down for other designers to review. Who knows, you may see open element intakes in a few of the new cars coming out. I have nothing to gain by making a false claim. You should know that. Everything I said is true.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
Sorry, I misspoke. You are correct. My brother has a 94 Z28, didnt the SS Camaros that year come with LS1s?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Administrator

My post was a start... 4th Gen auto Maxs int he 14s are hard to come by so I gave him a start. Plus 96sleeper does not have all the mods on the market so you put it together genius.
-Cyrus
but you never answered his question he didn't ask you all that.. read the subject line again
Old 08-14-2002, 08:27 AM
Administrator

i was with you when you said you beat the LS1 because anythign is possible.. but an Auto max beating a Yamaha R1.. that pulls out hte flag
Old 08-14-2002, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
but you never answered his question he didn't ask you all that.. read the subject line again
True. But nonetheless it was usefull information. Only 1 post in this thread addresses a low 14-second auto Max.
-Cyrus
Old 08-14-2002, 08:54 AM

YOU ARE FULL OF IT! You don't even know me. You've never seen my car in action. You've never even seen me, yet you're calling me a liar. You don't know if I've rebuilt my motor or anything. You never even asked what was done to the car. You automatically assumed that I was driving YOUR car, which isn't capable of running with a sports car. I'm not. My car is being rebuilt to make it a contender with a high-end sprorts car inside and out. I didn't buy my car to add a bunch of bolt ons and drive it around making a bunch of noise. I bought it because I saw a platform to work with. I'm in school for Automotive Design and Engineering. I use my car as a portfolio. The mods that I design and make are tested and marked down for other designers to review. Who knows, you may see open element intakes in a few of the new cars coming out. I have nothing to gain by making a false claim. You should know that. Everything I said is true.
It is not that people are calling you a liar, you know how people on the internet are. Anything can happen in a race, and that is why it is very possible that you took an LS1. It is just hard for me to comprehend because I have a friend with a 2000 firebird, and I couldn't beat him if I had a 100 shot of nitrous. He only has an intake, headers, and a cutout, and he was trapping 109 mph in the 1/4 mile before the headers, but his car is stronger than some. Everyone on the internet needs proof of something as bold as this. If you said that you beat an LS1 one time, then people wouldn't give you as hard a time, but you made it sound like you beat them all the time, when in all reality, some of the fastest maximas on the board like Mardigrasmax would have a hard time with these cars.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:18 AM

Buying my car would be a good start. See sig.

Email me if interested: jwengert@rcn.com

Jim
Old 08-14-2002, 09:40 AM

Nightrider, I can't believe you called Nealoc slow. He ran a 14.4 with only a ypipe upgrade. That's pretty fast to me.

As far as your car being a highway beast, it's possible. If it's that fast on the highway, it should be just as fast on the track I would think. So, why not just shut up the doubters(me for instance)and make a run at the track? If it's true that you took out a LS1, that mean your car should be at least a high 13s second car. Without any force induction, that's highly unlikely. Don claimed to run a 14.0 NA. That's the fastest a NA automatic 4th gen Maxima can run that I heard of. He had a built up auto too. You can't blame us for doubting you, it's just very hard to believe. If you want to shut people up, you could make a run at the track and/or make a video of how fast your car is on the highway. Just my .02
Old 08-14-2002, 10:37 AM
JsL

Put the arguing aside No one is intentionally talking ****...its just misunderstandings and the fact that you cannot fully express what you mean through words, like your tone and stuff...

So...What will it take to make a 96 auto run low 14s?
Old 08-14-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by JsL
Put the arguing aside No one is intentionally talking ****...its just misunderstandings and the fact that you cannot fully express what you mean through words, like your tone and stuff...

So...What will it take to make a 96 auto run low 14s?
Without a built motor,...

All the bolt-ons, 70-100 shot Nitrous, and decent weather conditions.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:23 AM

Without a built motor,...

All the bolt-ons, 70-100 shot Nitrous, and decent weather conditions.
I would think all of the bolt-ons plus a built tranny with torque converter and slicks would get you low 14's. If you added nitrous you would hit 13's. Jamiecbr900 has run a 13.7@105 mph in his auto max with a 70 shot + bolt-ons.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:23 AM

I estimate it would cost around $300-400. You have to buy a small size slick or a 205/50-15 drag radial. Mount them on lightweight drag race only rims. There you have it, tires that give you a 4.0-4.1 gear plus more traction.

Originally posted by Cumalot

Can you explain further on this? How much would it cost?
Old 08-14-2002, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Nightrider, I can't believe you called Nealoc slow. He ran a 14.4 with only a ypipe upgrade. That's pretty fast to me.

As far as your car being a highway beast, it's possible. If it's that fast on the highway, it should be just as fast on the track I would think. So, why not just shut up the doubters(me for instance)and make a run at the track? If it's true that you took out a LS1, that mean your car should be at least a high 13s second car. Without any force induction, that's highly unlikely. Don claimed to run a 14.0 NA. That's the fastest a NA automatic 4th gen Maxima can run that I heard of. He had a built up auto too. You can't blame us for doubting you, it's just very hard to believe. If you want to shut people up, you could make a run at the track and/or make a video of how fast your car is on the highway. Just my .02
This is true. My beating an LS1 was a one time thing. You guys are comparing 1/4 mile running to highway running. Its a totally different senario. Granted most roadcourse cars are also great 1/4 mile runners, there are few that can only do 16s in the 1/4 mile but will whip up on almost anything in roadcourse. My car may be capable of high 14s, but definitely not 13s. I told people before my car is slow to anything below 80 mph. However, on the highway, at 80 and above, the car just opens up. It is something that you definitely have to see for yourself. Its hard to do a video of my car that fast on the highway because video seems to slow everything down. Ask anyone who has recorded anything and they will tell you that you can't really capture speed on video. As for the R1, how many of you ride bikes? There are very few bikes that can really run on the top end. The R1 is not one of them. After 110 mph it sort of runs out of breath. The R1 had me until about 115 and then I pulled on him. I had him by 2 1/2 carlengths by 130. I'll work on the video, but don't expect much.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:05 PM

As for the R1, how many of you ride bikes? There are very few bikes that can really run on the top end. The R1 is not one of them. After 110 mph it sort of runs out of breath. The R1 had me until about 115 and then I pulled on him. I had him by 2 1/2 carlengths by 130. I'll work on the video, but don't expect much.
Click ME
Old 08-14-2002, 04:11 PM

Click ME[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahhahaha that was quite funny, i enjoyed it.... anyone else??
Old 08-14-2002, 05:58 PM

Nightrider -

AND I QUOTE "As for the R1, how many of you ride bikes? There are very few bikes that can really run on the top end. The R1 is not one of them. After 110 mph it sort of runs out of breath. The R1 had me until about 115 and then I pulled on him. I had him by 2 1/2 carlengths by 130. I'll work on the video, but don't expect much."

What are you smoking? I will come to whereever you are just to race you anywhere and on any dry day for the cash/title to your car!

Have you ever ridden an R1 or GSXR1000? DOUBT IT! Heck, you probably don't even know what size engine a 1 liter bike has HAHA!

Everyone, here is the real deal I will outline 2 races I had, one with the 2001 600 CBRF4i that I owned in 2001, and the other with my 2001 R1 that I traded my F4i in for at the end of last year.

1. Race 1, 1990 IROC camaro, 3.73 rear end, and a built 383 stroker engine putting out 410HP at the rear wheel with Dyno sheet to boot. Result on my 600 from 90mph to 145mph -

10+ car lengths and lengthening

2. Race 2, 2001 Dodge Viper GTS with ACR performance package (10 more HP for 460HP, upgraded suspension components, yada yada). Result from 85-90mph from 2nd gear on my R1 -

15+ car lengths

Nightrider, what you fail to comprehend an R1 can do 110mph (not including speedo error) in 2nd gear. That rider you talked about didn't even try. Hell I fart around with all sorts of cars but know my position on the food chain. I am way beyond any STOCK manufactured car.

Get this through your thick skull, there is NO STOCK manufactured car apart from maybe on EXOTIC that will even come close to beating a stock 1 liter bike like an R1 or GSXR1000, NONE!

You can brag all you want about the Maxima, which is indeed a nice car, sporty, and zippy for a 4-door sedan. I don't care what you have done to that car, off the line or rolling on in any gear in your car; my R1 will run all over you and every other import (with maybe the exception of the 800HP Twin Turbo Supra that I keep hearing about), and some highly modded out 9-10 second Eclipses.

Yeah..yeah; I know there are some pretty quick Eclipses, Maximas, 3000GT's, believe me I know I raced a 93 Eclipse GSX, 1991 B4C police package camaro, 1992 Z28, and 1995 Z28. I even had an import and had it modded out from Archer Brothers racing; it was a 93 Eclipse GSX with HKS parts all over the thing. However, I would never think twice about racing a 1 liter bike for the cash/title with an experienced rider on that bike.

Stock R1's and GSXR's with a good rider can easily get 10 second passes on a track.

You my friend are just plain stupid and no nothing about import performance, muscle car performance, let alone streetbike performance. Go educate yourself before making such stupid comments.

Mark
01' R1

Quick Reply: what it take to make a 96 auto into low 14s