4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEW 4th Gen Forum Guidelines. READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:01 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

NEW 4th Gen Forum Guidelines. READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

General 4th gen forum guidelines:

First, remember:
This forum is for posts about 4th Gen cars, not just a forum for any post by people who own 4th gen cars.

People, please be more descriptive in your subject titles. For example, "cone intake," "red/clears," "suspension," "emblems," are not subject titles...they are isolated words. Describe the main problem/question/comment in the subject line ... please! Don't type one or two words and make the rest of the Org try to guess what you're trying to say.

And of course, this extends to the body of your post. Please be as descriptive as possible.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=95555

"We are going to treat threads mentioning high speed driving on public roads the same as street racing. This means you get an automatic 1 month ban for the first offense and a permanent ban for the second."

If you ask a question and the answer can be found in the FAQ threads, your thread gets locked.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=97321

If you find a link that doesn't work, search or pm one of us mods!

If you post about your CEL coming on before you have checked for the codes, it will get locked. Please do not ask why it may have come on without the codes. YOU NEED A LINK TO THE POST THAT DISCUSSES YOUR PROBLEM TO DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU DID READ THE STICKY.

The Org is not a CarFax checking service.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=161364
If there is no one that can do a VIN check, and if you post, your thread will still be locked.

Here's a refresher for those of you that may have forgotten the terms to which you agreed when you signed up on the ORG. I've highlighted the parts that most people forget.
"Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the 'I Agree with the above User Signup Agreement' button at the end of the page.

Although the administrators and moderators of Maxima.org will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Maxima.org or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the 'I Agree' button, you warrant that you will abide by the follwowing rules and policies:

I agree not to:
upload, post or otherwise transmit any content (including images) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;
post or distribute any software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful component;
post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated forum topic;
impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to Maxima.org ;administrators and moderators, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Maxima.org;
upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of Maxima.org that are designated for such purpose;
interfere with or disrupt Maxima.org or servers or networks connected to Maxima.org, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Maxima.org;

I agree that Maxima.org administrators and moderators have the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread or post for any reason at any time without notice.

I agree that Maxima.org, in its sole discretion, may terminate my password, my use of the Maxima.org forums, and remove and discard any content within the Maxima.org forums, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Maxima.org believes that I have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this User Signup Agreement."
All posts regarding legal issues should be posted in their respective regional forums. We don't know jack about the cops or courts in your state. If you want help FIXING a problem, I may allow the thread. If you got a speeding ticket, a tint ticket, want to know how many fog lights you can run, please post that in your region. Or better yet, call your local DMV or research your local vehicle code on your own.

ANY COP-BASHING IS A BAN! This is non-negotiable.

Anyone who posts a question without an answer in any of the help stickies (FAQs, How-to, etc...) gets a 3 day ban.

Note:
To search this thread use the "search this thread" box in the upper right corner.

LINK to 4th Gen How-To Summary!

LINK to OFFICIAL 4th Gen Pic Thread!

LINK to OFFICIAL 4th Gen Drop Pics Thread!

Fault Indicator Light Diagnosis (If "trouble" lights are on, read here first!!!)

LINK to Exhaust Information Thread (With Sound Clips)!

Last edited by Kevlo911; 06-23-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Kevlo for President

Everyone read this, especially if your thread gets locked.

Don't complain to me about inconsistency when threads get locked, I cannot spend all my time on the org, when ever I do come on I might go on a thread locking spree. Don't get angry and don't PM me telling me I am being an ******* about it. Only PM me for valid reasons.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Kevlo for President

I WAS TOLD TO READ THE STICKIES BUT THE LINKS DON'T WORK!!

DO THIS:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=537445

We are working on fixing everything....

If the broken link involves an external site, please send me a PM or email with the broken link and which stickied thread it was in. More details always help.

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM
OG and counting...

Any member bashing another member's vehicle or taste in mods will get treated the same as a personal attack. That means you can be automatically banned for 1 month or permanently, dependent on moderator discretion.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:09 PM
OG and counting...

Street Racing threads will earn you an automatic 3 week ban. Continued discussions will earn you a permanent ban.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Kevlo for President

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=95555

READ THAT NOW!

This is getting very annoying. I don't care how important your topic is, make sure the thread title is something better than QUESTIONS, HELP ME, OMG LOOOKZ.
This has already been covered in the stickies, but no one reads them...

So please be kind to everyone and make a useful thread topic.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Kevlo for President

The FAQ's are going to be updated more often so PLEASE look through them before blindly posting and making new threads.

I cannot emphasize how important it is to SEARCH!

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ml#post7086389