4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

seat specific leather question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002 | 03:49 PM
mb1

seat specific leather question...

I was comparing the leather seats of the driver and passanger side, and they are different. AS you can see, the outer passanger side has a larger leather piece with a plastic hook thingie. While the driver side has the same leather side pieces on both sides, and it has a small leather flap attached to the outer side. Is this how it's supposed to be? What is that little flap for? Also since I have a grey interior, can I dye my front seatbacks black, or was I supposed to have leather for that also?

driver side
passanger side
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:01 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

maybe the leather flap is for power seat buttons
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:12 PM
living out of a maxima...

Re: seat specific leather question...

Originally posted by mb1
I was comparing the leather seats of the driver and passanger side, and they are different. AS you can see, the outer passanger side has a larger leather piece with a plastic hook thingie. While the driver side has the same leather side pieces on both sides, and it has a small leather flap attached to the outer side. Is this how it's supposed to be? What is that little flap for? Also since I have a grey interior, can I dye my front seatbacks black, or was I supposed to have leather for that also?

driver side
passanger side
I've got stock leather and I think my seatbacks are black vynil (how the F do you spell that???). Certainly don't feel like leather.
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:24 PM
mb1

Re: Re: seat specific leather question...

Originally posted by JeffesonM

I've got stock leather and I think my seatbacks are black vynil (how the F do you spell that???). Certainly don't feel like leather.
the seating surfaces and the seatbacks are leather, and the rest is vinyl. Also, my kit came with two 2ftx2ft vinyl pieces, do these have any specific use?

Is that the ionic kit? Do you have any more pics?
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:27 PM
living out of a maxima...

Re: Re: Re: seat specific leather question...

Originally posted by mb1

the seating surfaces and the seatbacks are leather, and the rest is vinyl. Also, my kit came with two 2ftx2ft vinyl pieces, do these have any specific use?

Is that the ionic kit? Do you have any more pics?
well I'll be damned... VINYL... that's the word I was looking for!

Yes its the ionic kit, but no I don't have any more pics. Just got it put on and need to take some more.
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:58 PM
mb1

Originally posted by bags533
maybe the leather flap is for power seat buttons
Crap!!! I think you are right. The driver side leather seat was designed for power seats. What are my option on this. Should I go to a junkyard and buy a power seat? Should I order a new leather cover? Or should I modify mine somehow to make it fit?
Old 09-10-2002 | 05:37 PM

Originally posted by mb1

Crap!!! I think you are right. The driver side leather seat was designed for power seats. What are my option on this. Should I go to a junkyard and buy a power seat? Should I order a new leather cover? Or should I modify mine somehow to make it fit?
i'll give you my power seat for the black interior and manual seat
Old 09-10-2002 | 05:54 PM
mb1

Originally posted by brodaiga

i'll give you my power seat for the black interior and manual seat
hmmm...let me think about that...

Did you see my post about your wheels?
Old 09-10-2002 | 06:07 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by mb1

Should I go to a junkyard and buy a power seat? Should I order a new leather cover? Or should I modify mine somehow to make it fit?
The real question is do you have the wiring harness under your seat for the electrical connections for the power seat.

My factory leather seats has a large section of vinyl on the back about 4 inches below the top of the seat

Can you remove the flap by cutting the seam where it is sewn on?

If you need some pics or something let me know
Old 09-10-2002 | 06:46 PM
mb1

Originally posted by bags533

The real question is do you have the wiring harness under your seat for the electrical connections for the power seat.

My factory leather seats has a large section of vinyl on the back about 4 inches below the top of the seat

Can you remove the flap by cutting the seam where it is sewn on?

If you need some pics or something let me know
I don't want to mutilate the leather, cuz I know I wont be able to do it probably. I saw that ramius(Eric) is selling his seats on ebay, so I contacted him about them. So hopefully I can buy the power seat from him. Otherwise I'll have to see... I hope my barebone GXE has the wiring harness though... What does it look like?
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:14 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by mb1

I don't want to mutilate the leather, cuz I know I wont be able to do it probably. I saw that ramius(Eric) is selling his seats on ebay, so I contacted him about them. So hopefully I can buy the power seat from him. Otherwise I'll have to see... I hope my barebone GXE has the wiring harness though... What does it look like?
You should have the wiring harness underneath your current seats. If you don't already have the power seats, the wiring harness itself should be "zip-tied" to the bottom of your non-power stock seats. What do you need with my seats. I didn't get any email.
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:17 PM
mb1

Originally posted by Ramius83

You should have the wiring harness underneath your current seats. If you don't already have the power seats, the wiring harness itself should be "zip-tied" to the bottom of your non-power stock seats. What do you need with my seats. I didn't get any email.
Is this you?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1857271938

Would you end the auction early and sell me the seats, or just the driver seat if possible?
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:30 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by mb1

Is this you?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1857271938

Would you end the auction early and sell me the seats, or just the driver seat if possible?
Yeah, that is me.

Well, when do you need these seats by? If you can wait another 2 days for the end of the auction, I can end it right before it ends and if you can slightly beat their price, you have yourself a deal. Anyways, you will be saving yourself a ****load of money just buying the power seat from me because I checked the dealer price for the whole kit and it ranks in at over $1100.00. What do you want to do Mike.
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:37 PM
mb1

Yeah, that is me.

Well, when do you need these seats by? If you can wait another 2 days for the end of the auction, I can end it right before it ends and if you can slightly beat their price, you have yourself a deal. Anyways, you will be saving yourself a ****load of money just buying the power seat from me because I checked the dealer price for the whole kit and it ranks in at over $1100.00. What do you want to do Mike.
I have time to wait. My install kit hasn't got here yet. Just don't go telling your friends to jack the price up.
I would love it if I could get it from you that way I know who I'm dealing with, and I don't have to pay for shipping.(and you don't have to go through the shipping ordeal)
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:40 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by mb1

I have time to wait. My install kit hasn't got here yet. Just don't go telling your friends to jack the price up.
I would love it if I could get it from you that way I know who I'm dealing with, and I don't have to pay for shipping.(and you don't have to go through the shipping ordeal)
Exactly, but if you do buy the whole thing, what are you gonna do with the rest of the seats?
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:45 PM
mb1

Exactly, but if you do buy the whole thing, what are you gonna do with the rest of the seats?
I'll sell it as a kit with my non automatic seat. Or we can trade seats, and I'll throw you in some money.
Old 09-10-2002 | 07:51 PM
Ramius83

What color are your seats and are they the same cloth material as mine?
Old 09-10-2002 | 08:03 PM
mb1

What color are your seats and are they the same cloth material as mine?
they're also grey. Is there a difference in the cloth?
Old 09-10-2002 | 08:26 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by mb1

they're also grey. Is there a difference in the cloth?
Yes, between the two years 95/96 to 97-99, there is a difference in the grey and tan cloth....
Old 09-10-2002 | 08:32 PM
mb1

Yes, between the two years 95/96 to 97-99, there is a difference in the grey and tan cloth....
Mine are 98. Is there a big noticeable diff? Could I pass it off as same?
Old 09-10-2002 | 08:49 PM
mb1

Another thing I can do, is replace the cloth from the manual seat with the cloth from the power seat that I'm going to remove. So that was there will be a full set.