4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Red/Clear Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000, 04:40 PM

Does Courtesy have red/clear tail-lights for the 97-99 Maxima? I talked to someone in parts the other day and they told me they did. The red/clear would replace the red/amber for $180.00 a pair . If anyone knows for sure let me know. I would like to purchase a pair.
Old 12-19-2000, 04:57 PM

Ok, let me get this straight. You called Courtsey parts dept., they told you they had the red/clear tails. Right?

Now, you're asking "The Forum" if this is a fact or not?

Yes, "we" got them on stock. Email me your SS# and CC#.
you'll get it by May.

Old 12-19-2000, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by NJ95gxe
Ok, let me get this straight. You called Courtsey parts dept., they told you they had the red/clear tails. Right?

you'll get it by May.

Don't try and play me. I wanted to know if anyone has purchased them, because I'm reading alot of posts on Where do you get them and how make them clear etc. So if someone has them I would like to know how they look. Why would I give you my info ?
Old 12-19-2000, 05:17 PM
jaymazik

Whether they have them in stock or not, you're so much better off doing it yourself. $180 is not cheap (maybe I'm a miser) but you can have the pride of doing it yourself for less than $30 (that includes borrowing a $20 heat gun from home base or home depot, then returning it, so it's actually $10). Very easy to do!

Old 12-19-2000, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Max Ryder

you'll get it by May.

Don't try and play me. I wanted to know if anyone has purchased them, because I'm reading alot of posts on Where do you get them and how make them clear etc. So if someone has them I would like to know how they look. Why would I give you my info ?
Now you're talking. Your first post was not worded very clearly. You're answering your own question.

You're in luck. You don't need to buy rear clears. You can remove the paint from your current set. I've got a '95, I don't have this option.

If you post a question on this topic, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you out. It won't cost you $180.

Old 12-19-2000, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Max Ryder

you'll get it by May.

Now you're talking. Your first post was not worded very clearly. You're answering your own question.

You're in luck. You don't need to buy rear clears. You can remove the paint from your current set. I've got a '95, I don't have this option.

If you post a question on this topic, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you out. It won't cost you $180.

Thanks dog! I wasn't for sure how it would come out doing it yourself.
Old 12-19-2000, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by jaymazik
Whether they have them in stock or not, you're so much better off doing it yourself. $180 is not cheap (maybe I'm a miser) but you can have the pride of doing it yourself for less than $30 (that includes borrowing a $20 heat gun from home base or home depot, then returning it, so it's actually $10). Very easy to do!
Jay, do you have info on this job? E-mail me with all the details if you do. Who wouldn't want to save $170.00 if they could and it comes out tight!
Old 12-19-2000, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by doug
http://maximanorth.homestead.com/files/faq_mods_rti.htm

you can use a soildering iron to cut the replacement lens from home depot...

hey where do you live.. if you live in the north east you can get on my waiting list..

currently you would be 3rd on my waiting list, the only cost to you is shipping...
Doug , I live in CT. What about you ? What do you mean cut the replacement lens from home depot?