4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hanabi 8000k Installed (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 11:12 PM

Hanabi 8000k Installed (long)

Ahh yes, today was a good day. Doorbell rang about 9 am and could only mean one thing, delivery!!!

The Hanabi 8000k HID kit I ordered from Freddie (97GLES) came in as well as my maxspeed springs from a GD. I stared at the instructions (completely useless) for about 15 minutes then finally decided to call Freddie on how to install them. After a step-by-step walkthrough on which wire goes where, installation of it was a breeze. Thanks a lot to Freddie. (Im the one who called saying I was from So. Cali) Took less than 5 minutes to plug it in, but the long part was finding a place to mount the ballasts. About an hour later baking in the hot sun, it was all set. I fire it up and all is well, the color of them is a dark blue. I couldn't wait til night, which was when the real show begins. Driving home from dinner was a complete joy. The road seems to be 10x brighter, and I even blinded myself from a the reflection off someones chrome license plate. The light given off has a blueish hue but the headlights themselves are a dark blue. Im very happy with my new HIDs I was still a bit weary especially of cops because my housings are not reaimed yet and I plan to do that ASAP.
(Which hex screw adjusts it vetically again??)

Im planning to have my maxspeeds and KYB AGXs installed tomorrow by the shop. Now all I need is my intake and thatd be it from all my summer expenses.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nice, I'm glad you chose the 8000 kit. I thought it was a purple color though?
Old 09-21-2002, 03:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Pictures are worth a 1000 words

You need to get some pics up of these HIDs. They sound like they are worth the money! Congrats man!

-King Ryan-
Old 09-21-2002, 05:36 AM

Re: Hanabi 8000k Installed (long)

Originally posted by DpG $h0rTeE
Ahh yes, today was a good day. Doorbell rang about 9 am and could only mean one thing, delivery!!!

The Hanabi 8000k HID kit I ordered from Freddie (97GLES) came in as well as my maxspeed springs from a GD. I stared at the instructions (completely useless) for about 15 minutes then finally decided to call Freddie on how to install them. After a step-by-step walkthrough on which wire goes where, installation of it was a breeze. Thanks a lot to Freddie. (Im the one who called saying I was from So. Cali) Took less than 5 minutes to plug it in, but the long part was finding a place to mount the ballasts. About an hour later baking in the hot sun, it was all set. I fire it up and all is well, the color of them is a dark blue. I couldn't wait til night, which was when the real show begins. Driving home from dinner was a complete joy. The road seems to be 10x brighter, and I even blinded myself from a the reflection off someones chrome license plate. The light given off has a blueish hue but the headlights themselves are a dark blue. Im very happy with my new HIDs I was still a bit weary especially of cops because my housings are not reaimed yet and I plan to do that ASAP.

Im planning to have my maxspeeds and KYB AGXs installed tomorrow by the shop. Now all I need is my intake and thatd be it from all my summer expenses.

Congrats, HIDs are a beautiful thing, can't wait to get mine
Old 09-21-2002, 06:27 AM

Re: Hanabi 8000k Installed (long)

Originally posted by DpG $h0rTeE

hey DpG $hOrTeE
don't adjust your headlights until you lower your car. if you do it before you gona have to do it again later.

i'm glad you can see now at night. welcome to the hid club.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you don't adjust the headlights, are they at an acceptable angle? Blind anybody yet? Have a friend stand 100ft away and walk towards your car...I'm interested to know how much adjusting is required. I spent 30min staring at the headlight housing and compared it to acura tl and bmw 330i...i dunno what makes the luxu cars so much better on oncoming traffic? something w/geometery?
Jae
Old 09-21-2002, 09:10 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by ThurzNite
if you don't adjust the headlights, are they at an acceptable angle? Blind anybody yet? Have a friend stand 100ft away and walk towards your car...I'm interested to know how much adjusting is required. I spent 30min staring at the headlight housing and compared it to acura tl and bmw 330i...i dunno what makes the luxu cars so much better on oncoming traffic? something w/geometery?
Jae
bmw's also have auto leveling, which helps a bit.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by NickStam

bmw's also have auto leveling, which helps a bit.
i think most bmw also have projection housing.