4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cefiro one-piece Install ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 02:18 PM

Cefiro one-piece Install ??

I finally got my car back after my accident last month. Only had it for a month when I had my accident, so it has basically been in the shop for as long as I have been able to drive it. Since I broke my front head lights I decided to get a pair of the Cefiro one-piece headlights. They do damn nice and Sycefiro is now including H4 harnesses to help make the install much easier.

My question is regarding the 1157's and the 194's. I can pretty much just splice the 194's but didn't want to cut anything until I saw what others did. As for the 1157's the connector from my car won't fit in the hole on the Cefiro's. What did you guys do here? Any help would be great. Like I said I have no problem splicing the wires, but I just didn’t want to cut anything unless I had to. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:08 PM

Re: Cefiro one-piece Install ??

Installation instruction is here:

Cefiro Headlight Installation
This would apply to both Cefiro One piece Headlights and Cefiro two piece headlights
1. Remove your stock corner (turning signal lights) as stated in your Userˇ¦s manual by removing the screw on top where it connects with the headlights. Then pry it outwards with a flat screw driver wrapped in a towel. Unplug the Wedge bulb socket and turning signal socket.
2. Remove the 9004 head light bulb and socket. Remove the headlights from your car. There should be 2 nuts that hold the headlight in the car. These nuts are located near where you adjust the headlights towards the center grille
3. Since the Cefiro has H-4 and your stock I30 has 9004, you will need to splice the H-4 harness that came with your headlights to your stock 9004 harness. I recommand you not to cut your stock harness but you piggy back (splice H-4 to your stock 9004 harness). I donˇ¦t have the exact color wires for you.. but the black one on the H-4 is Ground.. and you can refer to this website for the H-4 configruation
http://catalog.com/susq/other/headlamp.htm
This would should you (the first diagram) for H-4.
Ground/ Low/ HighˇK your Stock 9004 should be color coded, Connect/splice Ground to groundˇKlow to low and high to high beams.
4. Once this is done. You can test out the headlights; make sure low beam and high beam are both working correctly.
5. You may fit the wedge bulb from your Stock signal corner light to the city light bulb location in the Cefiro Headlight (if itˇ¦s long enough).. or you can wire it to the socket that came with the Cefiro Headlight. Also you will have to make the turning signal from your stock light fit the Cefiro Headlight. (This can be done by lightly open up the opening of the signal on the corner.
6. Now once all the electrical stuff are done. Plug all lights, sockets, etc. to the Cefiro Headlights
7. Line up the Cefiro Headlights, and put the nuts back and secure it.
8. Compare it to the other side when you finish the first side, check for low beam, high beam, city lights, parking lights, signal lights, etc and the appearance of your new lights vs. stock.
9. Repeat the same process for the other side.

NOTE:
(194/city light bulbs)
For the 194's from I30 side marker; you can try to plug them into the city light bulb hole that came with the one piece headlights (unplug what came with it). The only thing is that cefiro city light (small bulb) has 4 tab, and the I30 one (194 small bulb plug) might have 3 tab. You might need to shave a little bit off the headlight hole or your 194 bulb plug. Or you can splice them with new wires with wire connector to the city light bulbs that comes with Cefiro Headlights

(turning signal)
Again, the cefiro headlights might have 4 tabs opening. And the I30 side marker/turning signal light might have 3 tabs. They are not the same same size. But you can either shave the hole on the Cefiro headlights (slight bigger to fit the I30's 1157's) or you can shave the tab from the I30 to be smaller to fit onto the Cefiro headlight
Old 09-23-2002, 07:23 PM

you can buy new fittings for both the 194's with the other tabs at autozone of pepboys. same with the 1157's.

I want to switch to 1156's but Toolrocks hasn't helped me out yet.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:40 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. I will try tomorrow and see how it turns out. I was thinking I just had to modify it but wanted to make sure before I started cutting wires and such.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:56 PM

I think for the 194, it's easier just run NEW wires and connect them to the city light bulb/plug/harness that came with One piece headlights. As for the turning signal, you can either try to modify the headlights or the I30 turning signal socket itself

SY~
Old 09-24-2002, 07:24 PM

Thanks for all the instructions the install was cake. As for the wires to splice for the head lights, H4's, the black is the ground, the middle wire is the low beam and the last wire is the high beam. They look great and now its time to save up for some HID's.