4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

maxspeed vs b&g vs dropzone springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 08:45 PM

maxspeed vs b&g vs dropzone springs

I want to drop my car with any of these springs with KYB AGX. I was leaning towards maxspeed before but im not sure how much it drops anymore because of varying results. I want a good drop because i'm only gettin rims and no kit. Plz dont flame me because i have spent weeks after weeks off looking through the forum but theres so many variations that im not sure which to get. So im telling you my position. I have an auto max with 18'' rims, i want a drop for better handling and wont sag from passenger weight(heard that progressive is infamous for this) want pretty good quality ride as i'm already on low pro tires,decent price. Thanks
Old 09-23-2002, 09:16 PM

Re: maxspeed vs b&g vs dropzone springs

rccardude909,

I don't have personal experience with Dropzone and B&G, but I installed my Maxspeed this summer. Talking about the varying height in drop, it highly depends on:

1. How you align the spring, strut and the strut mount. As long as you get it correctly, you should get about 3 inch finger gap all around (I know "finger" is also a "varying" factor).

2. How much stuff you put in the trunk? Mine has a full size spare, and it's still about 3 finger gap. However, If I put more stuff (my usual traveling luggage, 130 lbs of things), it will sit about 2.5 finger gaps for the rear, which makes it level (front is still 3 fingers).

So, my setup is actually sit higher in the rears (just a bit, it's not really noticeable), and it will sit level if you put stuff in the back (passengers and stuff in the trunk).

I have my Max with 17 inchers and I believe my max looks really good with it. If I had 18 inchers, I would go for another springs to decrease that finger gaps. Perhaps B&G?

I am hoping this could help you make your decision.

I want to drop my car with any of these springs with KYB AGX. I was leaning towards maxspeed before but im not sure how much it drops anymore because of varying results. I want a good drop because i'm only gettin rims and no kit. Plz dont flame me because i have spent weeks after weeks off looking through the forum but theres so many variations that im not sure which to get. So im telling you my position. I have an auto max with 18'' rims, i want a drop for better handling and wont sag from passenger weight(heard that progressive is infamous for this) want pretty good quality ride as i'm already on low pro tires,decent price. Thanks [/QUOTE]