4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I finally did my 'backseat fold-down mod'! (well, kinda...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 11:52 AM
DoGGy

pics dont work

Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DoGGy
pics dont work
look how old the post is
Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 PM

bump

bump the old thread

bump bump

hmmm........

he never did that write up did he??

im on page 9 of his site.......

where is it??
Old 10-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by MaximaManiac
nice mod man, good job

and someone should buy sprintmax a ***** for christmas..... so if he doesn't like THAT either u can tell him 2 go *** himself
how about i buy you a nice STFU and a 1 day ban for christmas?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:15 PM

found the pics minus the how-to

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...181995&page=17

great idea, but it looks scary with the bottom mounts sticking out.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:39 PM
What's next!?..

Goin at this from another angle..

Would it be possible to fit a rear seat from another car that does have rear fold down into a 4th gen Max?

hmm... Anyone with access to a big junk yard wanna go try a few?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by SprintMax
how about i buy you a nice STFU and a 1 day ban for christmas?

how bout ya quit bein a jack@ss?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:13 PM
ivelweyz

Maniac you moron don't mess with SPRINT. He's one of the most respected members/mods here and I doubt he'll have any trouble getting rid of your ***** riding ***...

Old 10-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I'll kill you. I mean it

Originally Posted by ivelweyz
Maniac you moron don't mess with SPRINT. He's one of the most respected members/mods here and I doubt he'll have any trouble getting rid of your ***** riding ***...
Can you pucker-up a lil more ivelweyz?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:53 PM

Does Nismo sell shovels??

We might all need them soon with the amount of bs that is building up around here.

There is no write-up yet, just kill the thread until then......
Old 10-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Hey guys. I KNOW am waaaaaaaay behind on this. I thought about giving updates but since nobody was saying anything, I figured I'd just hold off and perhaps I could finish the write-up before anyone did. Well - looks like no such luck! - lol. Here's the deal. I was completely done with the write-up (you can even ask ejj) but then I realized that I missed one important thing in the write-up that I wanted to work out before 'going public' with it. Then I got this awful starting problem and my car has literally been in the shop for many, many months. It's been to three shops and no one can figure it out. (That's why I broke down and bought a SHO). My Max. takes foreeeeeeever to start but once it finally does, it runs great - but anyway, that's for another post. So anyway, I need my car before I finish the write-up. That's why I haven't posted back here. Please accept my appology and I promise I will have it done even if I can't promise when. Again, thanks for your patience as well as kind words.

- Josh
Old 04-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so... its been like 2 years now... this takes hunt and peck to a whole new level
Old 04-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Mr Cranman
You probalby already thought of this...but are you thinking of maybe putting a little hydrolic post on it...to hold it up. Kinda like on our hood. Just thought that might be a neat addition. But, great job doesn't look bad and now I can haul my Snowboards to go snowboarding.

-John

Now if only we could come up with a mod that will make these hydrolic posts actually last...unlike our hoods...ive had to replace mine like what...4 times! ARGHH!! i just use a golf club now...
Old 04-01-2004, 03:22 PM

hahah thats not fold down thast up fold hahaha Stpid hahahaha
Old 04-01-2004, 04:29 PM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by 007max
so... its been like 2 years now... this takes hunt and peck to a whole new level

why u go diggin the threads lol

Old 04-01-2004, 05:25 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

i will say that was kinda rude to post that. you took fuctin over form and if that woprks for you and other people, then all the power to you. but if you do not like it do not sit here and critize it.

honestly man i thik that si awsome. not to be a copier but i might do this if there is ever a write up. Also i gotta give you props cause clee130 acually said a positive remark. good job man!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:00 PM

Good job ptatohed

Too bad someone had to rain on everyone's parade.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:59 PM

i like it. for the a@#hole that said he doesn't like it, grow up. here's a thought. go to school, preferrably junior high or maybe high school and take a spelling class. that might help you later when you want to post something so you don't sound like a fool with no education. "critism" lol good job buddy. people like you shouldn't be on the org. granted i may not be on all the time or post a lot, but when i do i know how to give constructive "CRITISM" (LMAO) without sounding like a three year old *****.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:01 PM

where's your muffler?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Licensed to Spell

3 years later.............

Well guys, I am happy (but ashamed) to say that (3 years later) my write-up/how-to is finally complete!! I would try to make an excuse(s) as to why it took me 3 years but anything I say will sound lame. So, let's forget about that and focus on the fact that it is finally complete!!!

Here is the new thread I started.

Here is a direct link to the write-up.

Thanks for your patience everyone and thanks for all the kind words. Sorry about the delay. Enjoy.

- Josh
Old 09-21-2005, 03:29 PM

talk about procrastination

glad the write up is finally done.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Well guys, I am happy (but ashamed) to say that (3 years later) my write-up/how-to is finally complete!! I would try to make an excuse(s) as to why it took me 3 years but anything I say will sound lame. So, let's forget about that and focus on the fact that it is finally complete!!!

Here is the new thread I started.

Here is a direct link to the write-up.

Thanks for your patience everyone and thanks for all the kind words. Sorry about the delay. Enjoy.

- Josh
I really like the idea.. its probably been mentioned before but isn't that big metal plate meant to provide protection from a rearend accident?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:39 PM

Total bs mod. I take out or remove my rear back seat all the time, only takes less than two minutes. The back plate is out for good and the two little bs screws are gone. What he doesn't tell you is that you have to pull the rear seat belts out of the way. Same bs.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by Armelius
Total bs mod. I take out or remove my rear back seat all the time, only takes less than two minutes. The back plate is out for good and the two little bs screws are gone. What he doesn't tell you is that you have to pull the rear seat belts out of the way. Same bs.

What the h. are you talking about Rudey? Just like your car, you're a maroon. Did you even bother reading the write-up before posting something that makes no sense? This isn't a mod to simply take out your seats. And if you actually read the write-up before you posted, you would see that yes, I do mention moving the seat belts out of the way. However, with my mod, you don't always have to move them out of the way.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:28 AM

And I am saying it's bs. I can take out the seats easier than making them go half way up or whatever you claim in your mod.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Licensed to Spell

And I am saying it's bs. I can take out the seats easier than making them go half way up or whatever you claim in your mod.

You wouldn't know what I claim in my mod because you are speaking without reading it!

And you are wrong, how could a complete removal be easier than a partial removal of the same exact seat? :

And you are missing the point. Taking your seats out completely is fine if you so choose. But that's if you know ahead of time you will be transporting large/long items. Then you could take your seat(s) out and leave them at home. There was a time when I was out and I saw a good deal on something that came in a large, long box and I was able to buy it.

And if you actually read my write-up you would see that there is more to it then simply folding your seat up. You claim that you leave your metal plate out of your car all the time. So that means from your trunk you can see the yellow foam on the back of your seat. Cheeesey. I explain how to put back on the decorative liner so it looks stock.

If you don't like it, don't do it. I wrote the write-up for those who can benefit from it.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:03 AM

I could take out my seat and put it in the window or move it forward. Doesn't take a minute to remove or place back. You covered the back seat or have decorative liner...great.

Next I am sure you are going to figure how to make the rear bottom seats fold too.

I read your write up. I can't believe you can't take off the tires on that mountain bike.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:18 AM

i think its a great idea man that was well thought out and is going to help alot of people out. As for sprint, he obv is some geek *** who has no life and prob still lives at home with his mother at the age of 27. Keep kicking with the posts man, maybe you will hit 30,000 by today! get a life

walshy
Old 09-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Licensed to Spell

I could take out my seat and put it in the window or move it forward. Doesn't take a minute to remove or place back. You covered the back seat or have decorative liner...great.

Next I am sure you are going to figure how to make the rear bottom seats fold too.

I read your write up. I can't believe you can't take off the tires on that mountain bike.

Rudey, if you want to stick your seat out the window, go for it. I would never do that.

Uh, yeah, fold the rear bottom seat too. That makes sense.

You're not too bright. The bike is an example! And, you're wrong, it is time consuming and difficult to take off the rear tire.

Have a nice weekend.