4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 08:15 PM
Too obsessed

Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Help! How do I change the bulb in the sidemarker (not bumper) lights on my 1995? I just bought two Polarg M9 bulbs, and I want to use them! Please help!
Old 10-25-2002, 08:43 PM

Re: Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Originally posted by busterdawg22
Help! How do I change the bulb in the sidemarker (not bumper) lights on my 1995? I just bought two Polarg M9 bulbs, and I want to use them! Please help!
This info should be in your owners manual under the how to do yourself section. But heres what you do: Take a screw driver or anything that is skinny and pry the marker off from the front part of it (it will pop right off). It will dangle down, just take the wire thing out of the lens, take the bulb out, put the new one in, stick the bulb back into the sidemarker lens, and pop back in to place. Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Originally posted by ReichMax97

This info should be in your owners manual under the how to do yourself section. But heres what you do: Take a screw driver or anything that is skinny and pry the marker off from the front part of it (it will pop right off). It will dangle down, just take the wire thing out of the lens, take the bulb out, put the new one in, stick the bulb back into the sidemarker lens, and pop back in to place. Hope this helps.
Don't forget the screw up top that connects to the headlight assembly!!!
-Cyrus
Old 10-26-2002, 06:15 AM
Too obsessed

Re: Re: Re: Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Originally posted by Vyrus

Don't forget the screw up top that connects to the headlight assembly!!!
-Cyrus
I tried unscrewing the screw that connects the headlight assembly to the sidemarker, then I tried prying the sidemarker light off with a screwdriver. It seems like there is another screw holding the sidemarker in somewhere because I can get it loose, but it won't come out. Is there something I am missing?
Old 10-26-2002, 06:54 AM

oh ya THOSE things....heh, i thought u were talking about the sidemarks...those are the clearance...those things are a b!tch. there was some type of hangar holding mine in place....little metal thing holding it back, try to look in there, and see if you can unhook it...that thing ****ed me off.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidemarker Light Bulbs - HELP!

Originally posted by busterdawg22

I tried unscrewing the screw that connects the headlight assembly to the sidemarker, then I tried prying the sidemarker light off with a screwdriver. It seems like there is another screw holding the sidemarker in somewhere because I can get it loose, but it won't come out. Is there something I am missing?
Everyone makes this sound easy. On my car it was a b!tch to take out. There si another connector behind the assembly which holds the light in place.

It just has to be carefully pried out. My right side took forever and the left came right out because I understood how it was in there.

Pry it carefully and wrap the end of your screwdriver in a thin towel or old t shirt do you do not crack or scratch anything.

D
Old 10-26-2002, 11:51 AM

my right side popped right out my left was a biatch.
yeah everyone always makes it sound so easy. i chipped a corner on my left one ****ed me off. and to think i dont even like the way that bulb looks with the others. but its damn bright
Old 10-26-2002, 12:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Clearance Lights

It definitely didn't say how to do it right in my manual. The info at maximadriver.com is good. Basically, there is a ball joint behind the light that you need to spray some wd-40 on and then pry open with a flat head screw driver. I did a writeup on a clearance light mod some months back. It doesn't tell you how to get it off, but it has some pics of what the back of the lights look like...

http://hakker.org/maxima/cl-switch.html

If that helps...