4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Why is it rice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 06:22 PM
V^___^V

although being "riced" is based on personal opinion, but in generalization... anythin tat doesn't improve performance, or simply "all show no go" jus riced..

as far as altezzas, i think they look great on some max... and many other manufacture begins to include altezzas as stock, but if the owner of a car simply jus put wings, body kits, and altezzas tat does not improve performance, then it's riced...

in conclusion, i believe definition of riced = all show no go
Old 11-05-2002, 09:37 PM

Re: Re: Is flame thrower a rice part?

Originally posted by CaLSoNiC

Plymouth/Dodge/ect = Mitsubishi

Errr... not so sure about the mitsu one... but the damn 3000GT and the Stealth seem like theyre the same damn car.
that's because they are the same car. just like the mitsu eclipse is the same as the dodge stratus (yet another reason to not buy an eclipse).

as for the word RICE, i think it more refers to something that looks tacky or just plain stupid. mods like clear corners and tasteful body kits aren't rice because they are just that...tasteful.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Is flame thrower a rice part?

Originally posted by SE Maxima

as for the word RICE, i think it more refers to something that looks tacky or just plain stupid. mods like clear corners and tasteful body kits aren't rice because they are just that...tasteful.
I have to disagree. It was always my assumption that the definition of rice is "anything that was bought in the aftermarket that wasn't on the car originally from the dealer that does not enhance performance."

Thus if you wanna get technical i'd say clear bumper lenses, non-functional bodykits ie. stillen, decals, red/clear tails etc. lights would all fit under the catagory of "rice."

Like it or not that's the fairest and most objective definition out there. Definitions of rice based on ugliness are a matter of one's oppinion and therefore non-objective.

Hopefully this has cleared up some of the confusion otherwise i think i've just wasted two minutes of my life.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Like many others, I think that "rice" is a lose terminology. It describes mods that many would agree to be either pointless, ugly etc...
I think that mods like Altezza are consider to be a "rice" mod because you see it on most every car on the street. When it came out at first where hardly any one had Altezza lights, many people liked them but now that its so play out that even brand new stock cars like: the 5th gen max(which at least looks some what decent), new 626 and Lexus ES300 just to name a few, have them. These car makers just followed what they thought was hot but they don't do their homework and keep up with consumers like us to see if this type of thing make their product look good to attract us to buy their cars.

I do think that Altezza light do look good only on an IS300/Altezza, but everyone is sick and tired of seeing them on other cars, I think somebody should just come up with something new.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:24 PM
CaLSoNiC

Originally posted by JsL
Imagine hearing this..."My DX civic pulled on a WS6 Trans Am when VTEC kicked in" Don't get me wrong, I like some Hondas, I just beg to differ with how some ricers "fix-up" their cars. I think the S2k is cool pushing 240hp with only 2 liters, but torque is definitely not there though. Click on the link in my previous post
To my knowledge... only the EX/SI/VTEC models have Vtec... I also believe that the EX/SI/VTEC models have 1.6L while the DX and lower only have 1.5

Old 11-05-2002, 11:53 PM
JsL

To my knowledge... only the EX/SI/VTEC models have Vtec... I also believe that the EX/SI/VTEC models have 1.6L while the DX and lower only have 1.5
Thats why I put it in quotes and put a laughing smilie after it That is like saying my I30t pulled on your maxima when my stock turbo kicked in