4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

whats Better sylvania cool blue or xtravision

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 11:16 AM

whats Better sylvania cool blue or xtravision

hey man i want to buy a great and cheap bulbs for my max...but i dont know which one can look and use better.....xtravision or cool blue...both of sylvania.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:19 AM

Re: whats Better sylvania cool blue or xtravision

Originally posted by sebaxx
hey man i want to buy a great and cheap bulbs for my max...but i dont know which one can look and use better.....xtravision or cool blue...both of sylvania.
I'm not familiar with the xtravision, but it HAS to be better than that sylvania crap. I had a set of those about 3 years ago, and HATED them. I've since dropped in a set of Naxos bulbs, and they've been going for 2 and a half years STRONG.

My advice to you, is to spend a little bit more on a quality bulb, and it will pay itself off by lasting you several years. Don't rush into mods if you don't have the $$$. Believe me, buy quality!
Old 11-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I just did this exact comparison this past weekend. I baught the Blue Visions by Philips, Cool Blues, and Extravisions by sylvania. The Blue Visions I didn't like at all. Cool blues were about the same.

The Extravisions made a noticibly brighter and wider beam.
I returned the others and kept the Extravisions.

Keep in mind I'm coming from an HID system so I'm dealing with a big time down grade from light.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Unusual

Two times unusual. 1st, you downgrade from HIDs, and 2nd you didn't like the Philips BlueVisions. How come?

DW

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I just did this exact comparison this past weekend. I baught the Blue Visions by Philips, Cool Blues, and Extravisions by sylvania. The Blue Visions I didn't like at all. Cool blues were about the same.

The Extravisions made a noticibly brighter and wider beam.
I returned the others and kept the Extravisions.

Keep in mind I'm coming from an HID system so I'm dealing with a big time down grade from light.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:57 AM

I have the Extravision as well and the amount of light that they put on the road is amazing.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:58 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Unusual

Originally posted by dwapenyi
Two times unusual. 1st, you downgrade from HIDs, and 2nd you didn't like the Philips BlueVisions. How come?
1) The down grade from HID's. Have you ever been in a car on the other side of a dark road and driven twards your OWN car with an HID retro kit on it? I had the opportunity to do so and that quickly made me change my mine. Although I wasn't getting high beamed to much, I realized how extreamly annoying my car looked to oncomming traffic. I have the Crystal White HID's and they are MAD bright. They throw amazing light on the road, but as you know with 9004 housings they also throw to much light upwards too. I don't want to be an annoyance on the road, I want to be respected on the road.

2) Blue visions -vs- Extravisions. Do the compare yourself. Put a Blue Vision in one side and an Extravision in the other. Look closely at the beam pattern. The Extravision blows the Blue Vision away! Much wider beam of light on the road, same brightness but a larger, wider area is now lit up.