4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Went to get my max checked out today....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 01:28 PM

Went to get my max checked out today....

I need a few things repaired according to them. First of all, I need new brakes all the way around (I already knew this). Second, they told me that the rattling noise I have been hearing is an exhaust bracket that had snapped, the one supporting the cat. They told me that this has put extra stress on the Y pipe, and that I will need a new one. They also told me that my muffler was almost rusted through (stock original muffler). My car has 115k miles on it. I am also looking at getting a new suspension (lowered), and possibly some new rims.

Does anyone know where I can get good deals on a performance exhaust, brakes and suspension? Any recommendations on which parts to use or places to have work done in the Chicagoland area? All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:36 PM

where in chicago area you at? i live in woodridge.. but work in evanston-skokie area. well as far as break you need just pads or rotor as well? and you want cat-back or just muffler? do you have intake already? what kind of ride you want? harsh or soft? how much of drop you expecting?

Tae
Old 11-05-2002, 02:37 PM

oh and where did you get your car checked at?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:51 PM

Re: Went to get my max checked out today....

Originally posted by pm0riarty
I need a few things repaired according to them. First of all, I need new brakes all the way around (I already knew this). Second, they told me that the rattling noise I have been hearing is an exhaust bracket that had snapped, the one supporting the cat. They told me that this has put extra stress on the Y pipe, and that I will need a new one. They also told me that my muffler was almost rusted through (stock original muffler). My car has 115k miles on it. I am also looking at getting a new suspension (lowered), and possibly some new rims.

Does anyone know where I can get good deals on a performance exhaust, brakes and suspension? Any recommendations on which parts to use or places to have work done in the Chicagoland area? All input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Exhaust : You can check out this thread .... http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....tions+answered

For suspension check out this one .... http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....tions+answered

And for a complete break kit check out www.eatricezone.com

SuDZ
Old 11-05-2002, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by taeMAX97
where in chicago area you at? i live in woodridge.. but work in evanston-skokie area. well as far as break you need just pads or rotor as well? and you want cat-back or just muffler? do you have intake already? what kind of ride you want? harsh or soft? how much of drop you expecting?

Tae
I live near Schaumburg/Woodfield. Just need the pads, and to cut the rotors. Looking to get a Y pipe plus a cat-back or just a muffler (not sure yet). Looking to drop about 1.5" with a medium ride quality. Also been wanting to do a 5 speed conversion, if you know anyone that can do it around here.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:29 PM

hmmm... i just got my car lowered with maxspeed/ agx combo. and i love the ride... it will give you decent not too harsh ride with noticeble drop. and agx is adjustable to you could go from soft to hard without major work. and i have budget y-pipe with greddy sp catback set up. i still have my old apexi dunk muffler if your interested. but y-pipe gives you most power gain that you can notice. let me know what you think...

Tae
Old 11-06-2002, 07:16 AM

Thanks for all the info Sudz, very helpful. Tae...I was also looking at the maxspeed/agx combo (my max is an SE and I don't want too much harsher). How much did you pay for it and where from? For the exhuast, I was thinking about doing a budget Y pipe, high flow cat, and a new muffler (still don't know what is best on that), and if i can afford it, I would like to get a new B pipe as well. I don't want my exhaust to be too loud at all, so I was thinking about doing a stock muffler (unless there is a better solution to remain relatively quiet). What kind of rims do you have? I'm still running on stock rims and am thinking about getting some rims to go with the drop. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:30 PM

mine's also SE im still running a stock rims right now can't afford it... and i got my springs from GD but you could still get it for $100 + shipping on ebay. and agx was $350 shipped i don't know the name of company but ill post it later when i find out it was pretty good price. and it's not that harsh at all. if you wanna check out my car we could meet up sometime... and i have budget y-pipe(i think it was around $180 shiped) and i used to have apexi dunk universal muffler before i got greddy SP catback. apexi wasn't deep at all, and before i got y-pipe put on you could barely notice any sound just from muffler.

thanks,
Tae
Old 11-06-2002, 10:56 PM
V^___^V

www.custommaxima.com sells quality product, i highly recommand greddy catback cuz i heard many positive comments about it... but price is kinda expensive... if ur lookin for cheap mods then go to ebay and search watever u need =)