4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hood Scoop Pics (part2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:40 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

The scoop looks good, but there will be no HP gains with this hoodscoop. It might help on hot days, but on cold days it won't do anything.

As for your serious hail damage, any dent removal shop can take care of that. That kind of damage is minimal.

Dave
Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

That looks awesome. Have you called Nissan to tell them to do it yet?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxiPad96

Dude lay off of him.. he is getting all the body work done on his car before he adds rims and $hit... you would diss on him even if he had rims saying ohhh how ghetto he's got rims and a $hitty paint job.. you tread around this forum thinking your all bad and your car is the $hit.... i got news for you, i dont know how the hell you got a sponsor, but your car is by no means all that. And for you to diss on somebody and there mods (even when alot of people on the board like this particular mod) just tells me your jealous. Get over yourself.... your car is not that cool..

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, everyone look at the baby who can't afford to modify his car or doesnt have the know-how to get sponsors... let me cry you a f*cking river you p*ssy.

i hardly ever post against people.. but things like this bother me.. i'd like to think maxima drivers have more sense then to drive around looking like a civic with mismatched colors everywhere and random body work, but this annoys me.. and you assume i would hate if he just had rims, not at all.. i think rims/drop is the best place to start with modifying a car, not a hoodscoop, nor paint.

i honestly want to see what he comes up with as far as paint and body work, but for now i am skeptical because there are only a handful of people on the board that actually modify their cars and get sh*t done.

by the way.. a lot of the people in the thread are being sarcastic about liking the scoop.

and you can talk to anyone who knows me on this forum, i dont think my car is the ****, and half the time i talk about selling it. so why dont you talk to some people who know me before saying i think i am all badass and think my car is the sh*t because i sure as hell don't.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:55 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by thebigsadler

by the way.. a lot of the people in the thread are being sarcastic about liking the scoop.

and you can talk to anyone who knows me on this forum, i dont think my car is the ****, and half the time i talk about selling it.

he is goig to give me his rims before he sells it..
Old 11-08-2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

he is goig to give me his rims before he sells it..
Don't like yours anymore?

SuDZ
Old 11-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Granny Driven

I like the scoop. You just need 97 front end conversion.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:15 AM
pjalst

Re: Re: I GOT ONE 2!

Originally posted by MDubya
THe water issue has never been a real problem which is why i didnt cut the entire whole out. to keep some water back. you can see a little water spots here or ther but even after driving alot in the rain i open my hood and really no water at all.
Mass Production is Possible. Give me an idea of what you think something like this is worth! Anything is possible>>
p.s. driving with-out the scoop on ,but cuts in the hood= easy 20hp.
i would break the tires loose like this.. It still has significant increase in power with the scoop on though.i bet 10-15.
Looks nice, but what did you pay those gurls to pose with you

Old 11-08-2002, 10:23 AM

i dont know how the hell you got a sponsor
just to point some things out:

-Centerline was talked to by Alex@southwestautoworks and he hooked that one up for me, they called toyo for me.
-SSBC (Stainless Steel Brakes Company) just sent me a sponsorship application, they came up to me at nopi nationals.
-JL Audio rep came up to me at Hot Import Nights and wants to add me to the team waverunner.
-Import Tuner called my car club and talked about shooting my car at Import Xpression.
-I was shot for a euro mag after Hot Import Nights.
-I've spent out of pocket around $17,000 on the car, not including labor, maintenance, etc.
-AP-Signworks/Evolution-Autodesign picked me up awhile back, and that's where it all began.

Just letting you know, because you apparently didn't.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:51 AM
Banned

-Centerline was talked to by Alex@southwestautoworks and he hooked that one up for me, they called toyo for me.
-SSBC (Stainless Steel Brakes Company) just sent me a sponsorship application, they came up to me at nopi nationals.
-JL Audio rep came up to me at Hot Import Nights and wants to add me to the team waverunner.
-Import Tuner called my car club and talked about shooting my car at Import Xpression.
-I've spent out of pocket around $17,000 on the car, not including labor, maintenance, etc.
-AP-Signworks/Evolution-Autodesign picked me up awhile back, and that's where it all began.

You call those sponsors? I have some dope sponsors. They are the restaurant I work at, Santa claus, and that is about it.

what have you been up too.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:20 AM

Did I ask? Cause honestly i dont care.. As far as his car goes, I would rather see a freshly painted, clean car sitting on stock wheels than a ghetto dented, unmatched maxima sitting on 18's. As far as you go... i could care less, i just thought it was phucked up that you dissed on him for not having things that you allready have. Mods take money and he is building his the right way in my opinion having a good base to start with. And whoever made the comment of me not modding my car myself? or knowing how?.. come on, i've done everything to my car myself except body work.. so give me a break please..
Old 11-08-2002, 11:27 AM

not too crazy about it - but thats probably because its not painted yet
Old 11-08-2002, 11:30 AM

WOW! That is the tightest hoodscoop i have seen on a maxima! Cant wait to see it when u paint it. What does it look like from under the hood?
Old 11-08-2002, 11:43 AM
MDubya

Mdub is here

Actually. I am REDOing the entire car. The Hail is to serious to just pull, ill need major body filler to smooth..out..
Yes. im doing a 97 front and stillen lip, I Have More Body/Fiberglass ideas in progress.(you'll be the first to see)
I AM Suprised You All Like it! Besides the ******* on here.and i have no wheels, no springs, no system,lots of hail, a creative hood, and alot of bolt on's(y-pipe,Apexi cat,intake). Sorry I dont make that much money for the ******* to be happy.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, everyone look at the baby who can't afford to modify his car or doesnt have the know-how to get sponsors... let me cry you a f*cking river you p*ssy.

i hardly ever post against people.. but things like this bother me.. i'd like to think maxima drivers have more sense then to drive around looking like a civic with mismatched colors everywhere and random body work, but this annoys me.. and you assume i would hate if he just had rims, not at all.. i think rims/drop is the best place to start with modifying a car, not a hoodscoop, nor paint.
Wow, I never realized you were such an a$$hole. I'd like to most Maxima owners egostical punks like yourself. What gives you the right to trash this guy like this? Maybe he doesn't have the money to fix his car right now. Did you ever think of that, Jerky?

IMO, I think you're kind of an idiot to spend all your money on your car. What do you have to show for your life? A fancy "show" car? Ohhhh, that's impressive. I betcha still live at home too. You probably have credit card debt out the a$$.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:01 PM

Cmon people....if vee stand divided zee fookin hundas vill vin!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dave B

Wow, I never realized you were such an a$$hole. I'd like to most Maxima owners egostical punks like yourself. What gives you the right to trash this guy like this? Maybe he doesn't have the money to fix his car right now. Did you ever think of that, Jerky?

IMO, I think you're kind of an idiot to spend all your money on your car. What do you have to show for your life? A fancy "show" car? Ohhhh, that's impressive. I betcha still live at home too. You probably have credit card debt out the a$$.

I'm glad somebody called him on it.

Guess he must have forgotten to take his Midol this morning.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:40 PM

thats by far the best hood scoop i ever saw on a max. it should def look even better when the car is painted. cant wait to see that along with your other ideas.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:46 PM
i SeE what you did therE

well i am going to stand up and speak here

mr hood scoop started all this by having an attitude with me in the first thread he posted..

ok.. i let it go...

then some one here gives their opinion.. some one else then gets upset.. and smuck boy with the scoop on the non painted hood trash talks back..

jason was a harsh, but maxipad96 and others only provked him futher..

mr hood scoop guy... DO me a favor.. paint the damn thing.. then show is..
Old 11-08-2002, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

My original post "you are straight up an idiot for thinking that increased your HP..

If, IFFFF, it would increase it would have to be like "twistedmax's" setup which would actually move air towards the intake. My carbon fiber hood lets more air in than your hood scoop does and there is no 15-20 HP.. good luck with a hard rain or when you wash your car.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is typical.. hoodscoop with stock wheels, drop, body, brakes, etc.. "

1. I said that it was typical on this board to see people do something so custom before doing all of the principle modifications (not to me, just in general.. if wheels/drop is not a principle modification then maybe i am wrong and we should all roll around on 15" sawblades or SE wheels and look the same).

2. I didn't bash the kid on his car, i bashed him on his comment about thinking it made 20HP, I just said it was something you see often here people modifying their cars in very peculiar ways (if that's what he wants, it's his car, i simplying voiced my opinion)

3. MaxiPad96 attacked me about my comment, so I responded accordingly..

4. You don't know a f*cking thing about me. I have NO credit card debt, I have plenty of money in the bank, I have a show car that wins shows, I have a bad*ss apartment that's probably the size of your house, I have about 15K in the stock market and mutual funds (not from "mommy and daddy"), and I am 20 years old attending college (paying for it myself). You attacked me, so where were you when you were 20?
Old 11-08-2002, 01:55 PM

Did I ask? Cause honestly i dont care.. As far as his car goes, I would rather see a freshly painted, clean car sitting on stock wheels than a ghetto dented, unmatched maxima sitting on 18's. As far as you go... i could care less, i just thought it was phucked up that you dissed on him for not having things that you allready have. Mods take money and he is building his the right way in my opinion having a good base to start with. And whoever made the comment of me not modding my car myself? or knowing how?.. come on, i've done everything to my car myself except body work.. so give me a break please..
you said "i don't know how the hell you got your sponsors" so i told you..

if i had a bone stock maxima (and i dont consider my car worth anything more than anyone else's car on this forum, ask people, i guarrantee they will back that sh*t) i would say the same thing, because thats my mentality as far as modifying a car goes.

and as far as you doing your own modifications whooopdie doo.. did you screw in your own clear corners? did you take off your stock airbox yourself?

why don't you list the modifications that you have done and we can compare, you are the one that brought that point up, so I think it would be justified with an answer.

clee - is it 2 midol in the morning or 3?? I just took 3 in case.

matt - been busy with school, i am glad the thing with santa claus pulled through.. congrats

jeffrey - thank you.. and maybe I was a bit harsh..
Old 11-08-2002, 02:17 PM

I agree with everone else you're not going to get horse power gains. Maybe 1 if your lucky.

And also 190hpKiLLA's car looks awesome!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:20 PM

hehe I have 15 inch hubbies
Old 11-08-2002, 02:21 PM
MDubya

Ok. That 15-20 possiblie WAS with the scoop OFF and The HOLEs in the Hood. Like The V CUTS in The Hood With no scoop. k. i said maybe 15-20
maybe an exergerating a little.
AND im sorry im not getin my **** stolen in St.Louis AND I Cant AFFORD
to do all wheels.springs.sh$t. I personally think the orage bumper lenses look fine too.keeping it real/stock. plus id rather spend that $50 on a bag of green.do you see vettes with clear corners.no,b/c when there complete it looks perfect. and would you people like me to spray this hood this weekend and then next summer tear it off to repaint the entire car<id mess up my finish on the scoop>
peace.

Old 11-08-2002, 02:23 PM

4. You don't know a f*cking thing about me. I have NO credit card debt, I have plenty of money in the bank, I have a show car that wins shows, I have a bad*ss apartment that's probably the size of your house, I have about 15K in the stock market and mutual funds (not from "mommy and daddy"), and I am 20 years old attending college (paying for it myself). You attacked me, so where were you when you were 20?

Ballerrr!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:43 PM

Was this the firsttime you have done much autobody or have you had experience in the past?

SuDZ
Old 11-08-2002, 03:24 PM
MDubya

i recked my last honda,=fender and door stuff. ive done side jobs too just here or there. ive painted 1 civic HB and misc. kits/hoods . I taught myself everything i know and its gotten better as i go. i had to do the scoop 2 times b/c it wasnt mounted and water was seeping through the edges. its all practice.My Hobby. peace.

Old 11-08-2002, 03:58 PM

i recked my last honda,=fender and door stuff. ive done side jobs too just here or there. ive painted 1 civic HB and misc. kits/hoods . I taught myself everything i know and its gotten better as i go. i had to do the scoop 2 times b/c it wasnt mounted and water was seeping through the edges. its all practice.My Hobby. peace.
Thats cool. I was actually intreested in taking a class at my local Tech H.S. in Autobody just to learn some basics etc, that's why I wondered what you had done. I think it is a great hobby and can save lots of money if you do enough of it on your own.

SuDZ
Old 11-08-2002, 04:13 PM

and would you people like me to spray this hood this weekend and then next summer tear it off to repaint the entire car<id mess up my finish on the scoop>
peace.
hahahahaha.. um no. you obviously don't know much about painting or about body work if you think repainting will mess up a finish, as long as you wet sand correctly and do good prep work you can repaint your car every week. maybe you don't know what you are doing if you honestly think you can't get it painted now because it won't look good when you can afford to get the rest painted.

kashoggio - i forgot hubbies, sorry

brigboy - i wish.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:22 PM

hahahahaha.. um no. you obviously don't know much about painting or about body work if you think repainting will mess up a finish, as long as you wet sand correctly and do good prep work you can repaint your car every week. maybe you don't know what you are doing if you honestly think you can't get it painted now because it won't look good when you can afford to get the rest painted.
Like he said ... he is just learning, tricks of the trade take time to learn.

SuDZ
Old 11-08-2002, 05:07 PM
MDubya

YO *******

umm actually i could Layer and Layer paint color on the HOOD. I COULD Paint it now, then sand off all the clear when im ready to paint again and spray the paint. TWO TIPS #1 im not going to paint the car the same color, so ill have to re-layer different Paint. #2 Id be wasting my paint if im repainting in like 4 months. #3 I actually do paint and i know if you layer loads of paint on you will not have crisp body lines anymore<thats how they sometimes fill small rock chips> SO *******. ill get my poopersscooper cause ya *** is talkin sh$$.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:08 PM

MDubya's last Honda......

Old 11-08-2002, 05:13 PM
MDubya

Re: YO *******

and what would YOU Know about Painting . it looks to me like thats a FACtory color, and Your mommy bought you a bunch of bolt on's. Or is that all on your VISA. Good job blowing did you say $17,000 . My final investment will approx be $8000. Thats car + everything + PAINT.
and i bet it'll look better than your. or wait ill respect and value my car more. that means more to me.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:20 PM
MDubya

Re: Re: YO *******

my last honda was a little better,91 accord ex with the turd can + 19's that rubbed.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: YO *******

my last honda was a little better,91 accord ex with the turd can + 19's that rubbed.
Damn dude chill out...why are you still posting on this board if it makes you so mad?

Almost every post you do is attacks on people.....what's up?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:50 PM
MDubya

me

me. mdub. i thought the honda thing was funny.
but that guy telling me my car looks like **** non-painted, and i need wheels to be cool like him. thats the person who everything is direct to, he is Mr.*******

Old 11-08-2002, 05:52 PM

Re: me

me. mdub. i thought the honda thing was funny.
but that guy telling me my car looks like **** non-painted, and i need wheels to be cool like him. thats the person who everything is direct to, he is Mr.*******
Alright...

Hey, it's your car...do what you want. Personally you've got a Maxima, so you can't be that bad.

Not everyone has Mommy/Daddy or tons of $$ so do what you can when you can...good luck!
Old 11-08-2002, 06:40 PM

Re: Re: YO *******

and what would YOU Know about Painting . it looks to me like thats a FACtory color, and Your mommy bought you a bunch of bolt on's. Or is that all on your VISA. Good job blowing did you say $17,000 . My final investment will approx be $8000. Thats car + everything + PAINT.
and i bet it'll look better than your. or wait ill respect and value my car more. that means more to me.
well my car is a factory color but with full respray with 6 coats of paint, 3 coats of pearl and 3 more coats of clear.

Yeah, my mom bought all of my parts, how'd you find out?

No visa bills here.. im sorry that you couldn't get approved for more than a $500.00 limit on your visa card though, why dont you do a couple more shifts at mcdonald's and you'll be at $750.00 limit in no time at all.

I am glad your car is worth almost the rear half of my car, that's good that you set your car on such a high platform. If you are so good with paint it would be no issue to paint your unmatched fenders, hood, and etc.. and maybe even clean up the overspray on your spare tire well?? then you could repaint again right?? or does maaco need more than 4 months to do resprays?

By the way, the money I spent on the car is paying off, because where I wanted this car to go is where it is going.

And you can go ahead and keep picking up you and your boyfriend's droppings with your "poopersscooper", thank you for the offer though, i use a toilet.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:10 PM
MDubya

Re: Re: Re: YO *******

I knew your Mommy help you. ps. buddy my hood still looks better than yours. isnt that how YOU got on my thread. Oh. well please excuse YOUR_self from my THREAD then. all ya had to say was i dont like it much(like other normal people do). you were talking **** to me 4 messages before i commented you back.
good job at starting the sh@$.

Old 11-08-2002, 08:29 PM

geeeeez~~~

so much hate around here...just chill and grab a sac... do some modding to your lungs and brain...vortech thc!!! peace!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I have NO credit card debt, I have plenty of money in the bank, I have a show car that wins shows, I have a bad*ss apartment that's probably the size of your house, I have about 15K in the stock market and mutual funds (not from "mommy and daddy"), and I am 20 years old attending college (paying for it myself). You attacked me, so where were you when you were 20?
Yeah, that's all believable A 20 year-old kid paying for college, a show car, money in the bank, a 2200sq ft' apartment (size of my house), and 15K in stocks with no help from parents or relatives. Are you taking about 3 hours a semester then working full time

Where was I when I was 20? In college, driving a 90 CRX Si, paying for a 700 sq ft' apartment with a roommate, working part time to pay bills, no savings. Where am I now? I'm 28, married, average paying salary job, own two cars out right, own a house, no debt, plenty of money elsewhere.

Dave

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop Pics (part2)