4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hood Scoop Pics (part2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:41 PM

when i was 20??

probably faded somewhere...
Old 11-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dave B

Yeah, that's all believable A 20 year-old kid paying for college, a show car, money in the bank, a 2200sq ft' apartment (size of my house), and 15K in stocks with no help from parents or relatives. Are you taking about 3 hours a semester then working full time

Where was I when I was 20? In college, driving a 90 CRX Si, paying for a 700 sq ft' apartment with a roommate, working part time to pay bills, no savings. Where am I now? I'm 28, married, average paying salary job, own two cars out right, own a house, no debt, plenty of money elsewhere.

Dave
I am a graphic designer (and in school for it). If you'd like to check out www.2face.com that is a company out of NJ called Roth Group that I have been with for a couple of years.. making avg salary and barely working. I also worked as a graphic designer this summer making $25 an hour.

It's called saving and investing. I made $7000 freshman year, and invested wisely in some stocks and have doubled profit to date, this is money I am saving for a house when I graduate and have to start building equity.

I take 16 hour semesters and take 9 hours each summer (last summer it was all online).. My parents help me out by supporting me and teaching me business sense and how to manage myself.

I am not here to argue with you dave, in fact you have helped me on many occasion, but you came here and starting talking trash to me when it was none of your business.. now do i care?? not one bit, because it's fun to have a friendly arguement.

My apartment is 1900 sq feet, i pay in-state tuition, and a car is not all i have to show for myself, but that's my hobby and that's where a good amount of my money goes.

mdubya- i give it 2 solid weeks before you get stress cracks all around the sides of the scoop.. where are your comments about paint now?? it was sarcasm, my parents don't pay for sh*t, and i did start the sh*t talking.. and i think we can all agree that your $80 unpainted and crap fiberglassed hood looks 100% better then my carbon fiber hood
Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by thebigsadler

It's called saving and investing. I made $7000 freshman year, and invested wisely in some stocks and have doubled profit to date, this is money I am saving for a house when I graduate and have to start building equity.
Alright, you've got to tell what those stocks are that somehow escaped the wrath of the market in the last 1.5 years. Are you telling me you invested $7000 last year and you made $7000? I've got to me some of that stuff, but honestly that just doesn't seem possible. Everyone would be buying the stuff. Nearly everyone in the Market has lost ~20-30% of their money. I've only got one stock (Proctor & Gamble) and 1 funds (in my 401K) that have actually made anything compared to the 7 stocks I own, 2 IRAs, and 401K (mostly funds). The only thing I have that's making me some good money is my house

Dave
Old 11-08-2002, 09:18 PM

Yeah, that's all believable A 20 year-old kid paying for college, a show car, money in the bank, a 2200sq ft' apartment (size of my house), and 15K in stocks with no help from parents or relatives. Are you taking about 3 hours a semester then working full time

Where was I when I was 20? In college, driving a 90 CRX Si, paying for a 700 sq ft' apartment with a roommate, working part time to pay bills, no savings. Where am I now? I'm 28, married, average paying salary job, own two cars out right, own a house, no debt, plenty of money elsewhere.

Dave
I believe it

Jay, come online I got somethin to show you, you may like..
Old 11-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Alright, you've got to tell what those stocks are that somehow escaped the wrath of the market in the last 1.5 years. Are you telling me you invested $7000 last year and you made $7000? I've got to me some of that stuff, but honestly that just doesn't seem possible. Everyone would be buying the stuff. Nearly everyone in the Market has lost ~20-30% of their money. I've only got one stock (Proctor & Gamble) and 1 funds (in my 401K) that have actually made anything compared to the 7 stocks I own, 2 IRAs, and 401K (mostly funds). The only thing I have that's making me some good money is my house

Dave
basically the main part was a signing bonus for the graphic design job i started last sept and had throughout last summer, i got a certain amount of shares and they had 2 mergers where the stock split 3/2 and then a whopping 2/1 about 6 months ago.. that is where i had everything come from... and there have been a few, cisco, aol, wachovia, but nothing came of that like you said the market has been going to ****..

and now you understand why i want to save up for house.. because it honestly will make you money.. but only when the market sucks..
Old 11-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This thread sucks.

Everyone's e-***** is 12 inches long.

Quite frankly, thebigsadler, your attitude sucks. When people rag on your car for being different, you get all upset. But you turn right around and rag on somebody else's car for work they did.

You may own this **** and that **** and be only 20 ... but you still have a lot more growing up to do.