4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I'm probably the 1st to experience these kind of electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 07:40 AM

I'm probably the 1st to experience these kind of electrical problems

When I unlock my car with my alarm, it unlocks and locks again at the same time. When I close my door, it sometimes locks byitself. The left headlight and the right fog light always goes out in 1 week. Yesterday, my high beam light came up on my odometer but my high beam light wasnt on. What the H E L L is going on? Oh yeah, sometimes takes my car 10 seconds to start. MAybe new batteries?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:16 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Do you have an elaborate stereo?

Are running super high wattage headlight bulbs?

Dave
Old 11-08-2002, 08:33 AM

I got regular stereo

Originally posted by Dave B
Do you have an elaborate stereo?

Are running super high wattage headlight bulbs?

Dave
and the lights I"m using are 12V 80W=>100W
Old 11-08-2002, 08:42 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Re: I got regular stereo

Originally posted by Zero Gravity

The bulbs could definately be one of your problems. Your headlight wiring harness may be close to fried. It may also be affecting your alarm. Electrical systems are very strange.

Dave
Old 11-08-2002, 08:47 AM

Re: I got regular stereo

You are playing with fire, pun intended. You are overloading your electrical system and may have weakened a relay or two, not to mention the wiring system. Try going back to stock wattage and see what happens.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:47 AM

Re: Re: I got regular stereo

Originally posted by Dave B

The bulbs could definately be one of your problems. Your headlight wiring harness may be close to fried. It may also be affecting your alarm. Electrical systems are very strange.

Dave
yeah, forgot to tell you that my left headligh was half melted. These bulbs I got are too strong? COuple of my friends gotem and they got no problems. How much would it cost for me to get another one of that piece which connects to the bulb?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: I got regular stereo

yeah, forgot to tell you that my left headligh was half melted. These bulbs I got are too strong? COuple of my friends gotem and they got no problems. How much would it cost for me to get another one of that piece which connects to the bulb?

or could it be just the fuse?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a similar problem. My Clifford alarm has been recently unlocking and locking again when I deactivate the alarm. I also have the same high wattage bulbs. I have had these bulbs since March and nothing like this ever happened. Moreover, I upgraded the wire harnesses to Nokya back in mid August. This problem has been acting up since mid September.
In addition, it doesn't do this all the time only when it's really cold outside in the morning or at night. The problem never seems to come up during the day. Should I take my car back to the alarm shop to check it out? It's still under warratny, so it would be free. However, I was wondering if there's an easier more convenient fix.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:09 AM

yeah, forgot to tell you that my left headligh was half melted. These bulbs I got are too strong?
Could be. You should replace the melting harness and stick with stock wattage.

SuDZ
Old 11-08-2002, 10:37 AM
Ramius83

I am also having problems with the mysterious "Door Locking/Unlocking Issue". When I unlock my doors with the stock remote, all the doors will unlock, but then the driver's door will sometimes lock again. I have tried this on my brothers 4th Gen as well and his will NOT do it even if I forced it to. I think that there is something up with the driver's side window switch. I am gonna take a look at it later.

BTW, I used to blame the girlfriend for always locking my doors when I would start to get in. Everytime she would open her door, get in, and shut her door, mine would lock before I could get a chance to open my door....

Old 11-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I also have locking problem when I use the remote. I figured that it was the remote battery, so I changed it. That didn't help. I also recently got a new car battery, and that made no difference. If this is happening to so many of us, Nissan must know about it. How do we get them to fess up and tell us what the deal is?
Old 11-08-2002, 12:54 PM

there's a door lock timer that may have gone bad. i don't know if it's the same part # or not, but the timer was notorius on the Infiniti J30. Caused a lot of people to frequently lock keys inside the car.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:29 PM
What's next!?..

You can get a replacement connector from Nissan for about $13. Good quality.
You can also pick up a cheap generic version at Autozone $4. Cheap plastic.

If you're going to use 100w bulbs though, you need to get the upgrade wire harness. www.suvlights.com $50