4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

3 Nice Roadkillz...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 09:03 AM

Austin,TX

Well me and my friends went out to see what we could prey on last night because it seems on Saturday nights every modded car in Austin comes out from hiding. My brother also came and he drives a 98' 5spd SVT Contour with intake system. I had one passenger with me the whole time.

#1-The first race was when we were going to meet some friends at their job. A BMW 330xi was driving behind me a big part of the way until we got next to each other on a light on Cesar Chavez. Well I hinted to the BMW with some revs to see if they wanted to race and what do you know, it was a chic in the BMW(good looking)! Well she nodded yes and it was on. We took off and dang that beemer was off quick and I stayed with it till 50 when she started to get ahead but lucky me I had a surprise and flip my switch for boost. Caught up to the beemer real quick and left it behind about 2 car lenghts. Man what a race, never underestimate a chic.

#2- This race was after we came back from Circuit City on 183 where over 70 cars hang out in the parking lot every Saturday night. Domestic on one side and imports on the other and man there are some sweet looking cars there. Well this next roadkill took place on Congress with two 5.0 GT Mustangs(yellow and red one) that looked modded with flows (were loud). We stopped at the light right before the Congress bridge, which was green. Then looked at each other and we were off. I didn't want to play around with these Rustangs so I put the boost early and my max purred with rage and to my surpise I got out ahead. The yellow mustang was inching on my side but I kept giving juice and then both stangs were about 1 car length behind and never caught up. I had never raced these kind of mustangs before and to say the least De Max ate some Rustangs for dinner.

#3- The last race was going home at about 2am on IH 35 going south. This 3000GT got off on the highway with me and my brother and at this hour there is hardly any cars so we all get next to each on three lanes and the 3000GT takes off. So me and my bro take off after him. The 3000GT got about 2 car lengths ahead and I turned the boost on and caught up to him at about 110 mph, my bro is about 1 car length behind us and never catches up. We were both neck to neck up until 120 when my boost with its constant spray lets me pass him and got a car length ahead of him, doing about 128(with a limiter)! Put my hazards to say good race and slowed down and I let De Max take it easy the rest of the way home.

Not bad for a night, don't you think.
Are there any Maximas on here that hang out at Circuit City on Saturday nights?
Old 12-31-2000, 09:52 AM

Oops..Forget to change my profile from GLE to GXE before I wrote this thread. So my Max has a limiter and stops at 118.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:55 AM

coolness

Do you have any pics of your boost setup. Like the switch you flip and ****? Ive never seen how that looks in a max. I always press an imaganry switch, as if i had boost, after i watch car movies. HEHhehehe. Yeah go ahead and laugh. So anyway post some pics of where the button is and stuff.
Old 12-31-2000, 11:06 AM
OG :)

dude, i saw your car yesterday... nice side blinkers
Old 12-31-2000, 11:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is your car an auto or manual? I know that if you have a manual, you can have a switch to turn on the NOS, but with an auto, I never heard of that before. I have an auto, and want to get NOS sometime in the future. From what people told me, that with an auto, the NOS turns on whenever you go WOT. However, is there anyway to turn on/off the NOS with a switch because sometimes you want to go WOT, but don't want the NOS to be triggered. Any guesses? I would hate to have to go back and forth to the trunk to turn on/off the NOS. I heard ZEX makes some kind of switch that you can access from inside the car, but don't know if NOS has the same option.
Old 12-31-2000, 11:54 AM

wot?

whats wot
Old 12-31-2000, 11:55 AM

I have an auto. And the way the NOS systems works is that when you floor it the throttle lever inside the engine lifts all the way up and touches a switch that only turns on when the switch inside the car is turned on. If I turn off the switch the car behaves under normal conditions. My switch is right next to the dimming switch, on the right side of the steering wheel, and lights blue at night . I would put a pic but don't have access to a scanner right know due to school being out.
Old 12-31-2000, 12:08 PM

Hey Kenneth,
Which Max was yours at Circuit City or where ever you saw my Max? I saw a 2k Max, a black max, and a white max.
Old 12-31-2000, 12:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by De Max
I have an auto. And the way the NOS systems works is that when you floor it the throttle lever inside the engine lifts all the way up and touches a switch that only turns on when the switch inside the car is turned on. If I turn off the switch the car behaves under normal conditions. My switch is right next to the dimming switch, on the right side of the steering wheel, and lights blue at night . I would put a pic but don't have access to a scanner right know due to school being out.
Cool, so if I get NOS for my auto Maxima, there will be a switch for me for turn on/off from the inside of my car. Is this switch an option, or does it comes with every NOS system? Btw, good kills. I wish I had NOS to "surprise" cars that would otherwise burn me.

WOT = wide open throttle(flooring it)
Old 12-31-2000, 12:36 PM

Hey Kenneth,
Which Max was yours at Circuit City or where ever you saw my Max? I saw a 2k Max, a black max, and a white max.
blue max parked closer to dave and busters, stood by two white maxes when you came by... i also emailed you... not as many mods, here though
Old 12-31-2000, 01:02 PM

Hey Kenneth,
Yea my Max has hyperwhite side markers, its like a gray purple color called concord mist. Are the other guys with the white maximas you were with, on here? What mods did they have? Do you go every Saturday?
De Max
Old 12-31-2000, 01:27 PM

Are the other guys with the white maximas you were with, on here? What mods did they have? Do you go every Saturday?[/I]
yup, car with no name (rob) and mike austin... both had some phat looking rims. probably go again, never went before
Old 12-31-2000, 04:23 PM

Hey Kenneth,
Yea my Max has hyperwhite side markers, its like a gray purple color called concord mist. Are the other guys with the white maximas you were with, on here? What mods did they have? Do you go every Saturday?
De Max

Thanks Kenneth....

Hey De Max, nice to see another Max out there. Soon I think we'll have a strong showing at CC if we can all get together at one time. I know now of at least 7 or 8 Maximas that hang out there at some time or another. There may be more than that. Most of them are on these boards as well.

Nice road kills dude...keep on rompin them.

We go pretty often now. It's awesome how there are so many cars out there. We were trying to figure out who's max it was when you pulled past us. We all want to hook up and meet...check out each others mods and stuff...share info...and just have a good time out there. We went to Connoly, but by the time we got there everybody must have been run off by the police.

we may try to go next weekend, there will probably be even more cars since the holidays will be over. Let us know if your going, and we'll look for you. We usually hang out further toward the shoe store...gets crowded you know.

CYA

Rob
Old 12-31-2000, 05:28 PM

Hey Rob,
That's sounds cool, I'm pretty sure I'll go to Circuit City next weekand. See yall there to talk about mods and of course race some cars...Hey were you there when that Beemer was making the loud noise through his exhaust? He did like 3 or 4 times. Every was just laughing, it was funny to see and hear. Laterz..

De Max
Old 12-31-2000, 05:49 PM

yup...

I think he had a big hole in his exhaust or something. old Bimmer whith mods: hole in rusted exhaust...hehe
Old 12-31-2000, 05:55 PM

Hey Rob,
What kind of mods do you have on your Max? What about other Maximas that hang out at Circuit City? Anything special?

De Max
Old 12-31-2000, 06:42 PM

Lets see....

CAI/UDP/Downpipe/RT CAT/Greddy...18X8 Kosei's with 235X40 P7000ss/Tokico's/H&R's/FSTB/RSB...Powerstop Cross-drilled rotors/RS4-S Pads/Goodridge lines...Pioneer 7200 and Changer/Alpine V12/Kickercomp12XPunch amp/MB Quarts seperates...coming soon...VB/ECU.

I'm running out of mods available other than forced induction and/or nos.

Boy...I'm not used to writing out my mods...had to think for a sec.

The other guys have mostly n/a maxima's with mods, I think. Supposedly there are other S/C and NOS max's running around austin as well...

Seems like Austin is a town with alot of modded cars. There are some really powerful Japanese cars around here...up to 1000hp and such.

Holla at me when your going to go to CC next time
Later
Old 01-02-2001, 05:50 AM

Ok I see how it is leave me out of all the fun :o( now my feelings are

really hurt, I guess I am stuck playing by myself again )
Old 01-02-2001, 11:37 AM

Re: Ok I see how it is leave me out of all the fun :o( now my feelings are

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX

Well.......if you don't come out soon, we're going to put together a posse and come round you up...hehehhhehhehehe

You need to quit hiding out........................ehehehheheeheh
Old 01-02-2001, 11:47 AM

Hey Kenneth.....

Adam is probably gonna surprise us one of these days. He'll show up and blow by us so fast, he'll leave us
haahahha gotcha Adam..eheh

I think I know what he's up to Kenneth. I wonder if he's gonna drop the hammer on us soon....arggg.
Old 01-02-2001, 02:27 PM

We all need to tell kenneth that is he gets GS 400 rims, it

doesn't mean he will be as fast as a GS 400. )
Old 01-02-2001, 02:32 PM
krell

Hey guys....

Nice to see that people are getting a little more organized. It would be cool to have a few Max's out at CC to park with. Provide some protection from the some of the general stupidity I've seen in the parking lot.

Yeah, that bimmer was there last time I went. He actually peeled out of the parking lot a few times. Funny as hell. That little 2.5 litre is going to blow soon. (Actually it sounds like it already has)

I'll probably go this week, but I'll have to cower in shame as my pimptastic Alpine radio was stolen Thursday night along with my V1 radar detector. So the dash is not very pretty at the moment.

Rob: Sorry not to have gotten in contact sooner. The holidays have been nutz between work and the friends who keep showing up in town. Work killed the whole Dallas trip, which I was really looking forward to.

Old 01-02-2001, 04:08 PM

Re: Ok I see how it is leave me out of all the fun :o( now my feelings are

that's right... playing with yourself as usual adam
Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
Old 01-02-2001, 05:06 PM

WooooHoooooo...

I like to see you guys responding like that here in Austin.
Hey Krell, long time no see. Throw me an e-mail so I can send you one(having problems with my account). We need to hook up together guys...ok

you guys are too funny....
Old 01-02-2001, 10:09 PM

I'll be out there in one of the cars >>>

as long as the wife lets me! 8-) The Z should be back in the running this weekend - might have to take it out to stretch the legs. Good to meet Kenneth and meet up with Rob and everyone who I saw briefly Saturday.

Mike
Old 01-03-2001, 12:14 AM

No No No..........

Originally posted by krell
I'll probably go this week, but I'll have to cower in shame as my pimptastic Alpine radio was stolen Thursday night along with my V1 radar detector. So the dash is not very pretty at the moment.

Rob: Sorry not to have gotten in contact sooner. The holidays have been nutz between work and the friends who keep showing up in town. Work killed the whole Dallas trip, which I was really looking forward to.

Andy...I'm really sorry to hear about your stuff being ripped off...Sucks bad dude!!! Hey...are you insured for items in the vehicle?

Chris had his car broken into awhile back, but he was compensated for his losses!!! You might or might not need receipts, depending on your insurance carrier.

I didn't get a chance to go to Dallas as well. Heard the Dyno experience was horrible. We've been going to CC lately, you need to go as well. Don't forget to e-mail me...ok.

Later
Rob