4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Fuse problem and HID help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Fuse problem and HID help

I just got a set of HID's. I tried installing them but do not come on. The manual says that sometimes a 20 amp fuse is needed if it does not come on. My car did not come with the diagram showing which fuse is which. Can someone tell me which fuse is for the headlights?
Or if there is something that I am missing?
Thanks!
Old 12-27-2002, 03:30 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Fuse problem and HID help

Originally posted by MaxMoJo
I just got a set of HID's. I tried installing them but do not come on. The manual says that sometimes a 20 amp fuse is needed if it does not come on. My car did not come with the diagram showing which fuse is which. Can someone tell me which fuse is for the headlights?
Or if there is something that I am missing?
Thanks!
From what i recal, the headlight fuses are under the hood... driver side i think. Just check both anyways. It says R. Headlight and L headlight fuse.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Fuse problem and HID help

Originally posted by nadir_s

From what i recal, the headlight fuses are under the hood... driver side i think. Just check both anyways. It says R. Headlight and L headlight fuse.
That is correct. They are clearly marked. 15A is the stock rating. For the life of me, can't see why HIDs wouldn't work with this provided they fuses are not blown...
Old 12-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: Fuse problem and HID help

I just tried installing the HIDs again. I found the fuses, upgraded them to 20A, and once I turn on my headlights, nothing, when I turn on my high beams, they blow the fuses.

Am I missing something here?
Old 12-28-2002, 08:10 AM

you have to use the reverse-polarity cabled that come with the kit, and put in the small 20A fuses (purchased at any auto parts store). The Hanabi kits are NOT geared towards 4th gens at all. I was unimpressed with the kit as a "bolt in" mod. I made custom brackets, but I gave up on them and returned them because of hardware problems.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Lime
you have to use the reverse-polarity cabled that come with the kit, and put in the small 20A fuses (purchased at any auto parts store). The Hanabi kits are NOT geared towards 4th gens at all. I was unimpressed with the kit as a "bolt in" mod. I made custom brackets, but I gave up on them and returned them because of hardware problems.
My kit is not a Hanabi kit, it is a no-name kit from Taiwan. A family member gave it to me. It did not come with a "reverse-polarity" cable. Could you please elaborate so I can try to work with what I have?
Old 12-28-2002, 11:02 AM

My kit is not a Hanabi kit, it is a no-name kit from Taiwan. A family member gave it to me. It did not come with a "reverse-polarity" cable. Could you please elaborate so I can try to work with what I have?
My kit was just plug and play, maybe you wired them wrong? Just a thought.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by D1NOnly34

My kit was just plug and play, maybe you wired them wrong? Just a thought.
There was no wiring involved, it's all plugs and harnesses.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:44 PM

The cables switch the polarity of the harness wires; like black-red/red-black instead of red-red/black-black. It's like a Y cable that you can reverse the ends to reverse polarity. The Hanabi kit comes with them.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:52 PM

The cables switch the polarity of the harness wires; like black-red/red-black instead of red-red/black-black. It's like a Y cable that you can reverse the ends to reverse polarity. The Hanabi kit comes with them.
Lime
you must be talking about the FAKE hanabi kits that are floating around.

the REAL hanabi kits i sell are plug & play, they even come with a harness that goes in to the oem harness. all you have to do is up-grade the fuse.

thats why most ppl get the hanabi hids from me. i know a few ppl that got my info from here at the org and had called me to see if i can help them with there none working kits but the fake kit is way different then the real one.

the fake hanabi kits are coming from cali and most ppl here know i'm in new jesery. i do feel for them, i hope they get some kind of help.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by 97GLES
Lime
you must be talking about the FAKE hanabi kits that are floating around.

the REAL hanabi kits i sell are plug & play, they even come with a harness that goes in to the oem harness. all you have to do is up-grade the fuse.

thats why most ppl get the hanabi hids from me. i know a few ppl that got my info from here at the org and had called me to see if i can help them with there none working kits but the fake kit is way different then the real one.

the fake hanabi kits are coming from cali and most ppl here know i'm in new jesery. i do feel for them, i hope they get some kind of help.
Mine came with a harness that plugs into the oem harness. It seemed so easy that there didn't seem to be room for me to mess up. I will try forcing the harness in backwards like Lime said to see if that helps. Do you have any other suggestions?

THanks
Old 12-28-2002, 06:24 PM

it says hanabi on it.
it plugs right into the harness, but also comes with extra cables that reverse the polarity if your car harness requires it.

Anyway I am giving it back...it was a free test kit and I didn't like it. I want something with a much warmer light tone anyway. If you can get me a decent price on like 3000k I'd be interested.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:00 PM

it says hanabi on it.
it plugs right into the harness, but also comes with extra cables that reverse the polarity if your car harness requires it.

Anyway I am giving it back...it was a free test kit and I didn't like it. I want something with a much warmer light tone anyway. If you can get me a decent price on like 3000k I'd be interested.

3000k HID?? Do those even exist?

Get 8000k!!!!!!! I love mine.

Old 12-28-2002, 10:02 PM

it says hanabi on it.

the hanabi i have only works 1 way, power to power & neg to neg.

on all 89-99 max (9004) has the power in the center of the harness.

the 9007 harness is the same but the neg is in the center.

our lowest kit we carry is the 6500k kit.

i think the best one is the 7000k for driving and looks but the 8000k kit is #1 in new york.

any kit that is less than 4200k will have a tint of yellow to it and nobody wants that. over a year ago we had the osram kit which was 4250k. it was a good kit until the hanabi came out with color.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:40 AM

Originally posted by 97GLES
the hanabi i have only works 1 way, power to power & neg to neg.

on all 89-99 max (9004) has the power in the center of the harness.

the 9007 harness is the same but the neg is in the center.

our lowest kit we carry is the 6500k kit.

i think the best one is the 7000k for driving and looks but the 8000k kit is #1 in new york.

any kit that is less than 4200k will have a tint of yellow to it and nobody wants that. over a year ago we had the osram kit which was 4250k. it was a good kit until the hanabi came out with color.
I have the osram kit w/ pics click profile <--

got a question: if/when I have money next year, can I use hanabi bulbs with my osram ballest?
Old 12-29-2002, 07:34 AM

well the 4500-5500 range is good. Nothing blue. Blue looks so dumb with the rest of the bulbs in the front of my car, and was blinding me.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

I have the osram kit w/ pics click profile <--

got a question: if/when I have money next year, can I use hanabi bulbs with my osram ballest?
costcowholesales
i see the pics in your profile and it looks good but most ppl don't want that look they want color (thats why 8000k is #1). your osram kit has that little little hint of yellow. i always liked the osram kits we used to sell, at that time that was the kit to have.

the hanabi kit has 2 wires that conn to the balast while the osram has a fat silver plug. we have ppl that cut the osram plug and put hanabi bulbs to it and for so reason the osram balast always burns out in time.

if your kit is working fine i would keep it as is or sell the kit to some-one who would like that color ( it's a great kit don't kill it).