4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Keepin the car luxurious, opinions neded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Too obsessed

Keepin the car luxurious, opinions neded!

Hey. I have a 1995 GLE, and I want to keep it mainly luxurious, not ricey at all. However, I do want to be sort-of "bad-***" and I would probly be doing a little racing stuff with it. I really want it to be classy though. I need opinions. Should I get the Trenz billet grill, or leave it stock? Also, should I get a body kit and Greddy exhaust and all that or just leave it lowered with 18" rims and no body kit or exhaust? Also, I am completely open to suggestions on any other mods that will help my cause. Thanks guys, you're always there for me!
- David
Old 01-12-2003, 09:51 AM

Usually when I think of luxury, loud doesn't come to mind.. so you might want to hold off on the Greddy exhaust. You should probably go with a custom bent catback with a 5th gen muffler and a resonator somewhere in there. Don't forget a Y pipe, you'll feel a lot more gains with that than the cat-back, and its cheaper. A small shot of nitrous wouldn't be bad either, cause everyday driving would not be changed, and something like a 50 shot doesn't usually require gauges.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:10 AM

I would say go for the body kit, Y pipe or possibly those new headers with the stock muffler, wheels and tires, supension, and a supercharger if you can swing it. Greddy exhaust is pretty loud especially when you consider the performance gain, and this is coming from somebody with the Greddy. Intakes can increase noise also. Do a K&N drop in if you want a performance filter without the noise.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Too obsessed

how about the Trenz grill? Do you think that would add to the luxury or take away from it?
Old 01-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I need a truck

Originally posted by busterdawg22
how about the Trenz grill? Do you think that would add to the luxury or take away from it?
i think the trenz grill would take away from the luzury look

i think max4speed's car is an excellent luxury look ...
Old 01-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

sell the Maxima and buy an I30 then get the Auto Couture Evolution kit from Japan with some nice AC rims or some other Japanese bling style rims

a nice exhaust like the Apexi WS wont be too intrusive

hehe

ok
get a body kit get a y pipe intake all that but keep the interior stock, lower it with some good springs or better yet some good coilovers- and get the Apexi WS catback
Old 01-12-2003, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't go with Trenz grill at all, always make me think of a Ford 4x4 with billet grill.

Try to keep a "stock" look, add a body kit, Y, cat and leave the stock catback. Drop your car a bit, but not so much. People still think my car is absolutely luxury, think the car came with the body kit and the car wasn't lowered.

Tifosi
Old 01-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Tifosi
I wouldn't go with Trenz grill at all, always make me think of a Ford 4x4 with billet grill.

Try to keep a "stock" look, add a body kit, Y, cat and leave the stock catback. Drop your car a bit, but not so much. People still think my car is absolutely luxury, think the car came with the body kit and the car wasn't lowered.

Tifosi
damn your car looks sweet! hahahahaha just checked out your page

thats what you should aim for busterdawg

Tifosi- have you had any problems with the grille? I had one last year but it would get damaged and have holes poked through it by road debris...
Old 01-12-2003, 03:25 PM

my opinion would be KEEP IT LOOKING STOCK ( SLEEPERS OWN )..NO exterior mods..no switching of the backlights, no banners, stickers, led washers, front lights, grill, body kit, NONE of that crap ( except for tints.. i dont like people to see who just dusted them ) just keep the leather on the inside..add a navagational system, drop it, throw on lightweight 17's with some good tires ( kuhmos preferably ) turbo that ***** and smoke the hell out of alot of cars while still looking beautiful and not RICED. thats exactly what i plan to do when i get my 97 se manual... superblack, medium dark tints, turbo, 17's, leather, navi system ( MAYBE upgrade the tunes, but they might be good enough ). From the outside it'll look like a regular max with shoes and tints..not knowin it's a turbocharged luxurious beast thats ready for war until it's too late.. :-D
Old 01-12-2003, 04:08 PM

my opinion would be KEEP IT LOOKING STOCK ( SLEEPERS OWN )..NO exterior mods..no switching of the backlights, no banners, stickers, led washers, front lights, grill, body kit, NONE of that crap ( except for tints.. i dont like people to see who just dusted them ) just keep the leather on the inside..add a navagational system, drop it, throw on lightweight 17's with some good tires ( kuhmos preferably ) turbo that ***** and smoke the hell out of alot of cars while still looking beautiful and not RICED. thats exactly what i plan to do when i get my 97 se manual... superblack, medium dark tints, turbo, 17's, leather, navi system ( MAYBE upgrade the tunes, but they might be good enough ). From the outside it'll look like a regular max with shoes and tints..not knowin it's a turbocharged luxurious beast thats ready for war until it's too late.. :-D
Old 01-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would not put the trenz billet grill on..in my opinion i wwould get some nice 18's tinted windows, maybe a body kit, red/clear taillights, clear corners...but whatever you do keep it clean...no decals, altezzas...NO RICE

-Nick
Old 01-12-2003, 07:40 PM

as far as looks, i would drop the car no more than 2 in, nice clean looking 18 in rims and a stillen kit. Type S kit(skyline would look sporty but might take away from the luxury route you want to go for). Interior wise, i would love to upgrade to two tone leather (my preference is black with a dark charcol insert i saw it in a VW it looked nice) Mabey changing your wood trim to somehin else to add a new look inside.By going the luxury route, think of things that would make your drive more comfortable. Try comein up with some very few may have like rear reading ligts, fading dome lights, or somethin else creative