4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Adjustable Struts? KYB vs Toxico etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:34 PM

Adjustable Struts? KYB vs Toxico etc.

Hey guys,

I'm sure you can help me out with this, i couldn't help notice on customaxima.com new toxico adjustable struts. However it seems that many of you on the board are in love with KYB Agx. Would anyone happen to know the exact difference between them? I need an adjustable suspension kit that will also lower my car in the summer, but that i can raise again in the winter for the crappy snow up here in Canada. What do you guys think would be the best match for me, strut/spring combo for winter/summer. Thanks a lot, appreciate all prompt replies.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:42 PM

Re: Adjustable Struts? KYB vs Toxico etc.

Originally posted by OpTikOl
Hey guys,

I'm sure you can help me out with this, i couldn't help notice on customaxima.com new toxico adjustable struts. However it seems that many of you on the board are in love with KYB Agx. Would anyone happen to know the exact difference between them? I need an adjustable suspension kit that will also lower my car in the summer, but that i can raise again in the winter for the crappy snow up here in Canada. What do you guys think would be the best match for me, strut/spring combo for winter/summer. Thanks a lot, appreciate all prompt replies.
KYB AGX's are just adjustable on the firmness/softness, not the height. Sounds like you need coilovers?
Old 01-18-2003, 04:45 PM

Re: Adjustable Struts? KYB vs Toxico etc.

Originally posted by OpTikOl
Hey guys,

Adjustable struts, whichever you choose, will not help you adjust your ride height. Only coilovers will do this for you.

The JIC coilovers seem to be the popular fave these days.

Coilovers give a much firmer ride than most lowering spring/strut combo's though - something to keep in mind.

The KYB AGX's adjust both compression & rebound dampening - I'm not sure about the Tokico's.