4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

budget y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

umm, yeah, weird question, how do you dial to Canada?? Lol, do you just dial "1" and the area code, blah blah, or "0" then "1" or something. Sorry, dont know

And dont make fun!!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:27 PM

WELL

Hey nathan, I think maybe it would be nice when I order something they will say sorry we are kind of crazy right now, it might be another week untill we can actually ship this item out.
I just ordered d/c clears and new bulbs and Its been over a week for them and I called to find out they are on backorder.
I just think maybe it would be nice if they will say sorry these are on backorder, it make take a little longer than you expect.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:39 PM

Re: WELL

Originally posted by FarbsMaxima
Hey nathan, I think maybe it would be nice when I order something they will say sorry we are kind of crazy right now, it might be another week untill we can actually ship this item out.
I just ordered d/c clears and new bulbs and Its been over a week for them and I called to find out they are on backorder.
I just think maybe it would be nice if they will say sorry these are on backorder, it make take a little longer than you expect.
Well I agree with you on that point. Budget isnt so good in communicating with there customers but they are very good business people. I live in Toronto so I can just drive down there to get my work done, which i have, but I have gotten tons of stuff shipped from the states before and it does take a while.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by 99Maxima5sp
umm, yeah, weird question, how do you dial to Canada?? Lol, do you just dial "1" and the area code, blah blah, or "0" then "1" or something. Sorry, dont know

And dont make fun!!
Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by 99Maxima5sp

And dont make fun!!
Yes, just dial 1 and the area code just like any long distance number in the US.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:04 PM

First of all, I dont know what all of your Budget Boys are talking about. I ordered my y pipe from Warpspeed an got it approx 3 days later. There customer service was great. When I ordered my pipe, they were closed at the time, but still answered the phone and took my order. The lady that answered told me the whole "SiTzo" about the y pipes being on back order and all that. They got a new welder, now there bangin out y pipes like crazy. They have many in stock, and they also have many B pipes in stock as well. There price is good considering there pipes ARE of good material. There flex section is great. Now you budget boys better watch out for that flex part. Now im not bashing on budget, becaue I dont own there Product. but, I -AM-"REPPIN" Warpspeed because of there Great Quality product that Ive Had for awhile now, and I love the Y pipe. Just because Budget has a pipe that is 160$ that means everyone hopes on it because of the price. Now lets reverse the 'siTzo" and say that Warpspeeds was 160$ and Budgets was 210$. Then, in that case, everyone would own a Warpspeed Pipe? Correct? yup, exactly. Its all about the price. NOW as a US sitizen. Honestly, when it comes to something like exhaust, Id rather use US materials. And Not Canadians. Done.

Thats my Theory, IM not bashing anyone on here, just simply explaing my concept. If you are upset about my post, heres 50 cents.....Call someone who gives a sh*t. Peace
Old 01-23-2003, 05:07 AM

I bought a budget pipe

I've had it since the Summer of 2001, the price at that time was $200 shipped. The pipe does what it claims to do also note that Warpspeed at that time wasn't making them at prices that low. I have had 0 problems with my pipe except it does have the "bees in can" sound which is audible with the windows down.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Jer

No offence, but that imported steel comment is just ridiculous. Nobody has said anything about where you should get it from, quite frankly I doubt many would notice if you bought a surplus of steel from some little hut in pakistan. How is it relevant to Budget offering good service and product and best bang for the buck (as good as any other quality y-pipe)? I don't see what Canadian or Malaysian steel has to do with it (maybe it's an egotistical thing).

Originally posted by bmfjeep
<snip>
It seems quite a few people prefer to buy domestic products and we simply supply a quality affordable product to those people. We sell aluminized steel Y pipes as well as stainless steel Y pipes. Because we only use high quality made in USA steel tubing we can offer a 4 year no rust through warranty on all of the aluminized steel. While we could buy imported steel cheaper from Canada or Malaysia we have chosen to buy as many made in USA products as possible because we don't have quality issues with them. We use only domestic steel for all of our Maxima and Jeep exhaust systems as well as our Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet diesel truck systems.
<snip>
Dallas
WarpSpeed Performance
Old 01-23-2003, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by JetBlackMax
Its all about the price. NOW as a US sitizen. Honestly, when it comes to something like exhaust, Id rather use US materials. And Not Canadians. Done.

Thats my Theory, IM not bashing anyone on here,
OK...settle down...It IS all about the price --> if you could have
the SAME product for less, which would you buy? It's a F'ing steel
pipe!!!! ...everyone's is (essentially) the same.

FLO_BOY
Old 01-23-2003, 09:34 AM

First of all, I dont know what all of your Budget Boys are talking about. I ordered my y pipe from Warpspeed an got it approx 3 days later. There customer service was great. When I ordered my pipe, they were closed at the time, but still answered the phone and took my order. The lady that answered told me the whole "SiTzo" about the y pipes being on back order and all that. They got a new welder, now there bangin out y pipes like crazy. They have many in stock, and they also have many B pipes in stock as well. There price is good considering there pipes ARE of good material. There flex section is great. Now you budget boys better watch out for that flex part. Now im not bashing on budget

my flex is fine its the early budget pipes that have bees in can issue, they don't anymore

and now you wrapspeed boys better watch out for that flex part. Now im not bashing on wrapspeed becaue I dont own there product.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Jer

JetBlackMax : Good job, patriot. You obviously haven't heard of those who import from Canada? I heard they're going to be making a new by-law where everything needs to be etch-branded with "Made in USA" - this includes everything from your car to downpipes to condoms and even hamburgers. It'll serve people well! I bet you cried when you saw the Simpsons visit to the American embassy in Australia? You know.. when the toilet flushed the "proper" way

Dallas : sitizen?

Originally posted by FLO_BOY

OK...settle down...It IS all about the price --> if you could have
the SAME product for less, which would you buy? It's a F'ing steel
pipe!!!! ...everyone's is (essentially) the same.

FLO_BOY
Old 01-23-2003, 10:27 AM

I wanna know whos comin out with this cali spec pipe, and if i even need one seeing as how i have no O2 sensors after my cat.

Oh yea and who's going to follow cattmans lead, and have their pipes have an optional coating of jet-hot.

.... oh and as far as the warpspeed customer service goes, they need to get there biz in order..... Ive had better customer service from my nissan dealership.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Jer

Hey Dallas, what does your steel supply have to say this time about the below?

Originally posted by Stillnmax
I wanna know whos comin out with this cali spec pipe, and if i even need one seeing as how i have no O2 sensors after my cat.

Oh yea and who's going to follow cattmans lead, and have their pipes have an optional coating of jet-hot.

.... oh and as far as the warpspeed customer service goes, they need to get there biz in order..... Ive had better customer service from my nissan dealership.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:34 AM

WOOHOO, just ordered my Y-pipe from budget today!!

Should be here in 1-2 weeks they said, there starting a new batch..

Wohoo

Sorry, just verrrrrry excited.

Oh, btw, the guy who i talked to was great, very nice, great customer service!!
Old 01-23-2003, 11:57 AM

" NOW as a US sitizen. Honestly, when it comes to something like exhaust, Id rather use US materials. And Not Canadians. Done."

what??? is everything you use "made in usa"??? uhh, hello? your maxima is japanese!
Old 01-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There flex section is great. Now you budget boys better watch out for that flex part.
I was one of the first to ever buy a Warpspeed Y-pipe, and their flex sections failed (ask SprintMax, and a few others). Since then they have greatly improved their products and have worked out all their bugs. The budget pipes which have flex section noises were also in their early years, and since then they have fixed the problem.

Both companies have dealt with the same problems, but you haven't heard much about Warpspeeds, because its been a long while.

I think Budget has done a great job of offering a less expensive comparable Y-pipe to Warpspeed. I also think Warpspeed has done a great job of being an innovator of new maxima parts. So, I'm not biased to either, but currently for the money Budget is a better deal.

PS - I now have a Cattman, but would replace it with a budget if anything ever happened.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by 98maxsel
what??? is everything you use "made in usa"??? uhh, hello? your maxima is japanese!
JetBlackMax owned!
Old 01-23-2003, 04:42 PM

I ordered a b pipe from budget, who screwed up my order and sent me a y pipe instead. so i called them and they fixed everything. i was planning on getting the y pipe later, so i just kept the y and they gave me the b pipe with resonater for 175 canadian dollars.
the reason i would never buy a warpspeed is because it isnt stainless steel. not to mention the pipe that is less money is better quality metal. end of story. right now im doing my exhaust and i want to keep it all stainless. im getting a budget y budget b and a borla pro xs muffler. i hope it sounds good.

here is my question. does a stainless steel pipe resonate producing a differient or better sound than an allumanum pipe? ie. does the budget pipe sound better than the wsp?

david
Old 01-23-2003, 05:08 PM

Old 01-23-2003, 06:18 PM

i used to have respect for warpspeed and them making products for us, but that's not right. i've ordered a part or two from them and it's been an alright experience. however, getting online on a maxima forum to bash another company about being based out of canada is ignorant and rude. if i was such a die-hard american product person, i woulda bought something like an intrepid!! it's obvious that if you buy a maxima, you don't give a $#!t about where it was made from. not to mention, it's canada. when was the last time you saw a canadian group getting on a forum to attest to how we should buy from them cuz they're better cuz of the country. ugh, oh well. btw, it's not even right for the $160 (shipped price, mind you) stainless steel price of budget exhaust y-pipe to be compared to a $225 "aluminized" y-pipe. it could at least be compared to another stainless steel y-pipe made by them, costing $275 plus shipping. i'll deal with "bees-in-a-can" (even if that exists anymore) for a savings of at least $135.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:27 PM

From what ive read, they've gotten rid of the "bees in a can" sound.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:19 AM

hope no bees in a can, than would suck
Old 01-24-2003, 06:31 AM

NOW as a US sitizen < that is priceless.

I Bought my Y pipe from them and it took 3 days to get to me, and was $164 shipped. I checked the material and it is mostly SS. I admit the whole thing is not SS, the flanges and Flex rings are not.
Warpspeed---perhaps if you are so interested in helping America and American companies, you can just stop making parts for Japanese and European cars? Who in the Fuc* would buy your SS Y pipe for 300 shipped, when I can get 2 budgets for that? We all know you are full of schit about selling 13 of these and 12 of those or whatever the hell you were saying in your last post. You don't do ANYWHERE near those sales volumes. If you want to compete for Maxima business--cut your price by a c-note and give free shipping. Otherwise---sell to Jeep owners---maybe they give a schit about American made. Perhaps not though, where as that is more of a German company now. The cold war is over buddy, BUY USA is so 80's. Now grow up and stop bashing the new world economy, and go update your website and say sadaam owns budget and they make their pipes with afghanni steel.

Mark
Old 01-24-2003, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by willy431

I Bought my Y pipe from them and it took 3 days to get to me, and was $164 shipped. I checked the material and it is mostly SS. I admit the whole thing is not SS, the flanges and Flex rings are not.
Warpspeed---perhaps if you are so interested in helping America and American companies, you can just stop making parts for Japanese and European cars? Who in the Fuc* would buy your SS Y pipe for 300 shipped, when I can get 2 budgets for that? We all know you are full of schit about selling 13 of these and 12 of those or whatever the hell you were saying in your last post. You don't do ANYWHERE near those sales volumes. If you want to compete for Maxima business--cut your price by a c-note and give free shipping. Otherwise---sell to Jeep owners---maybe they give a schit about American made. Perhaps not though, where as that is more of a German company now. The cold war is over buddy, BUY USA is so 80's. Now grow up and stop bashing the new world economy, and go update your website and say sadaam owns budget and they make their pipes with afghanni steel.

Mark
venting are we?
Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 AM

damn, i feel some heat in here.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:00 AM

damn, i feel some heat in here.
Time to attached a Cold Air Intake to this thread.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:25 AM

Okay, first of all i don't know if that venting was good or bad for me, cause I'm Afghan. Secondly, anyone got news on the Cattman Header for the Max? I have yet to see how they do against a Y-Pipe and when they're going to offer it.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:28 AM

Mark
Haha...hilarious & to the point!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 07:47 PM

"*All of our Nissan Maxima products are produced from materials made here and assembled by Americans in the USA, we buy domestic whenever possible. If you have a problem with Americans or American products please visit our shop in person. No appointment required!"

I found this on the warpspeed web page as i was browsing. Is this a threat???
Old 01-26-2003, 07:52 PM

"100% made in Canada, not entirely made of 304 stainless as advertised. Now we know why they paint them. You get what you pay for.
Need a retrofit for your Canadian pipe, we can fix it with a nice lined flex section. "

I would have thought they would remove this from their page after all this.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:55 PM

Mark
This is probably one of the best posts I've ever seen in my 3+ years on the .org
Old 01-27-2003, 12:01 AM

i recieved my warpspeed y-pipe 4 days after my check cleared. Installed it last night; i like the sounds and the gains. With my experience, i support warpspeed performance.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:12 AM

I know i may be a little late with this, but in california, will i pass smog inspection? If its not legal how do you california guys pass the inspection? I want to get a Y pipe and keep the stock muffler, but i want to be sure it wont be a problem with the smog inspection. also, how much HP should i expect with a Y-pipe and how much 'real' HP do you guys make with it as opposed to what budget would say? -Thanks
Old 01-27-2003, 12:59 AM

I've owned a Budget pipe for 2 years now and couldn't be happier. The quality of the produce is remarkable. No Butt welds here (according to Warpspeed's website). I don't see the problem with saving a bit of money for a product that gives you the same performance.

What innovative product has Warpspeed ever come out with? Everything they produce has been taken from someone else. Their sub-frame connector idea was not their idea at all. It was taken from me. I got the idea from the BMW M3. I had custom subframe connectors and a custom X-brace on my 89' Maxima since 1998, before my accident.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by RobUsaf81
I know i may be a little late with this, but in california, will i pass smog inspection? If its not legal how do you california guys pass the inspection? I want to get a Y pipe and keep the stock muffler, but i want to be sure it wont be a problem with the smog inspection. also, how much HP should i expect with a Y-pipe and how much 'real' HP do you guys make with it as opposed to what budget would say? -Thanks
I dunno about the Cali thing, they do sell a Y-pipe Cali spec but i heard its not worth it at this time, that there coming out with a new improved Cali-Spec one. I dont believe though that the Y-pipe would affect smog, but maybe emissions. I dunno if their the same, i live in FL..

As for the gains, 20hp TO THE WHEELS is pretty common, go herefor the dyno graph (go to the Engine section..

Eric
Old 01-27-2003, 12:38 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by ORBRIT
and to everyone who wants to install it themselves, it's a pretty simple task - provided you can get the bolts off where the stock pipe joins the catalytic converter!

If your bolts are seized have a mechanic break them loose for you.
Once they are broken free, it should take about 1 hour to swap the pipes over. Here's my writeup
Is the O2 sensor socket a must, or is it something you can do this install without?

Old 01-30-2003, 01:04 AM

I was just checking out there website (budgetexhaust) and I don't see a y-pipe listed. I do see a f-pipe listed and I clicked on there photo and it looks like a y-pipe. My question is, is that what a y-pipe is called in Canada, F-pipe. Or is my lack of sleep getting to me that I am seeing a y-pipe?
Old 01-30-2003, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by Menacer
I was just checking out there website (budgetexhaust) and I don't see a y-pipe listed. I do see a f-pipe listed and I clicked on there photo and it looks like a y-pipe. My question is, is that what a y-pipe is called in Canada, F-pipe. Or is my lack of sleep getting to me that I am seeing a y-pipe?
That's what they call it.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:27 AM

" NOW as a US sitizen. Honestly, when it comes to something like exhaust, Id rather use US materials. And Not Canadians. Done."

Aren't maximas being made in Tennessee now
Old 01-30-2003, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by Menacer
Some call it a down pipe, some an F pipe, and some a Y pipe. It's all just based on the shape the pipe is. They are referring to the same thing.

Quick Reply: budget y pipe