4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

budget y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i think only the 5th gen maxes are assembled in tenn. parts are still from japan... plus all the 4th gen and older were made in japan...
Old 01-30-2003, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by 98maxsel
i think only the 5th gen maxes are assembled in tenn. parts are still from japan... plus all the 4th gen and older were made in japan...
From my understanding, the 5th gens are made in Japan. The 6th gen will be assemble in Tennesee. Deezo and pezking4
thanks for the explanation. I have been reading this thread and I was hoping to order one. Since my Maxima is a California spec and from the talks of it not being worth it since the gains are minimal for the Cal spec Y-pipe, I think I will wait. What I am confuse about is why the Budget y-pipe (Cal spec) gives you minimal gains, versus the Warpspeed, Cattman, and Stillen Cal spec Y-pipes?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Menacer
What I am confuse about is why the Budget y-pipe (Cal spec) gives you minimal gains, versus the Warpspeed, Cattman, and Stillen Cal spec Y-pipes?
All the Cali spec y-pipes are currently designed the same, so they all give similar gains. But budget is working on a new design which should give better gains. That's what everyone was talking about.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:13 PM

they better get them before spring cus i hate being a cali spec owner in NY. ..... told y'all cali was
Old 01-31-2003, 12:12 PM

Being the American economy is based on capitalism, competition leads to better products. This said, I own a Japanese car because I feel american models in this class are inferior. So this is my question, why buy American products because they are American? This would only lead the manufacturer to think that the product is superior or equal to the competition when the product was only purchased because it was American. So the point is whether it is a car or Y-pipe or whatever, why purchase products because they are American. This only leads to the downfall of innovation and product reliability for American manufacturers. I am an American and buy American products when American products are comparable in quality and price. This economy and business in general are driven by profits. If a company profits while still building inferior products, DO YOU THINK IT WILL CHANGE?
Old 01-31-2003, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by MaximaMoJo
So this is my question, why buy American products because they are American?
I was raised that supporting your local economy is a GREAT idea
because if everyone in your neighborhood is working, everyone
benefits (less crime, higher standard of living, they can now buy
from your store, etc.)...

Buying U.S. products (or, in my case, CANADA!) is one way of ensuring
that the folks in your neighborhood are working...

One big problem for Canadians is that a lot of companies here are U.S.
owned, which means when I shop there, my $$$ end up in the U.S., not
back into the Canadian economy.

BUT, this is slowly turning into an economics lesson, so, I'll stop here.

later y'all!
FLO_BOY
Old 01-31-2003, 12:37 PM

No it is not an economics lesson. I do not have the qualifications to teach economics! I was just voicing my opinion. I am definitely not saying we should stop buying US products, I am just saying buying US products simply because they are US does not make a lot of sense.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by MaximaMoJo
I am just saying buying US products simply because they are US does not make a lot of sense.
Didn't I make sense?
This would really hit home if you lived, say, in Detroit.

You'd be far more likely to buy US for the sake of US if all
your friends worked at The Big Three...because you know that
your purchase is directly keeping them employed.

Now that Maxima's are being built in TENN., there's less guilt
Ofcourse, the money used to buy that ugly 2004 Maxima eventually
goes to Japan, but, we'll forget that part for now...

FLO_BOY
Old 01-31-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm needing a caw

Actually he has a point. Buying a car that assembled in the USA is a good idea because you know all the assemblers are in the USA and that they are probably usa citizens. Good and dandy.

But buying let's say a "Chevy,Ford,GM" car just because it's American is not really a 100% valid statement. Why? Because NO car manufacturers actually manufacturer all of their parts. In reality, a big portion of parts made for cars today are made somewhere else. ie... a big portion of Ford's rearend parts are made in Mexico. etc... etc... etc....

In fact, some of the Japanese cars could almost claim to be "domestic" because a some of their parts are made/assembled her in the USA.

You have to understand that in order for USA makers to get that "domestic" label, they only have to have xx% of domestic parts. All other parts could be made anywhere in the world. That percent is not that high. Maybe 33% or so?

Originally posted by FLO_BOY

Didn't I make sense?
This would really hit home if you lived, say, in Detroit.

You'd be far more likely to buy US for the sake of US if all
your friends worked at The Big Three...because you know that
your purchase is directly keeping them employed.

Now that Maxima's are being built in TENN., there's less guilt
Ofcourse, the money used to buy that ugly 2004 Maxima eventually
goes to Japan, but, we'll forget that part for now...

FLO_BOY
Old 01-31-2003, 01:04 PM

I didn't mean that FLO BOY didn't make sense. I am just saying taking all other factors out of the equation besides quality, reliability, and price most American cars don't even compare. Notice I did not say all American cars suck. Or should I say most 33% American cars don't compare? Just kidding. I just think the American car manufacturers need to step up to the plate and improve their vehicles.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
But buying let's say a "Chevy,Ford,GM" car just because it's American is not really a 100% valid statement. Why? Because NO car manufacturers actually manufacturer all of their parts. In reality, a big portion of parts made for cars today are made somewhere else. ie... a big portion of Ford's rearend parts are made in Mexico. etc... etc... etc...
Yeah, this why American manufacturers can't make a decision on a cnsitant measurement system and half the bolts are metric and half are freaking standard. Talk about annoying.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 AM

I try the links for the www.budgetexhaust.com but all i get is a wierd search website that doesnt look to me like the real budget exhaust website. Anyone have the same problem and if so can you give me some direction. I am also looking to order a y pipe for my 02 max.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by JetBlackMax
First of all, I dont know what all of your Budget Boys are talking about. I ordered my y pipe from Warpspeed an got it approx 3 days later. There customer service was great. When I ordered my pipe, they were closed at the time, but still answered the phone and took my order. The lady that answered told me the whole "SiTzo" about the y pipes being on back order and all that. They got a new welder, now there bangin out y pipes like crazy. They have many in stock, and they also have many B pipes in stock as well. There price is good considering there pipes ARE of good material. There flex section is great. Now you budget boys better watch out for that flex part. Now im not bashing on budget, becaue I dont own there Product. but, I -AM-"REPPIN" Warpspeed because of there Great Quality product that Ive Had for awhile now, and I love the Y pipe. Just because Budget has a pipe that is 160$ that means everyone hopes on it because of the price. Now lets reverse the 'siTzo" and say that Warpspeeds was 160$ and Budgets was 210$. Then, in that case, everyone would own a Warpspeed Pipe? Correct? yup, exactly. Its all about the price. NOW as a US sitizen. Honestly, when it comes to something like exhaust, Id rather use US materials. And Not Canadians. Done.

Thats my Theory, IM not bashing anyone on here, just simply explaing my concept. If you are upset about my post, heres 50 cents.....Call someone who gives a sh*t. Peace

now honestly, as a US citizen, when i comes to something like exhaust, i really dont care where the metal came from
Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Originally Posted by IloveVQ
I try the links for the www.budgetexhaust.com but all i get is a wierd search website that doesnt look to me like the real budget exhaust website. Anyone have the same problem and if so can you give me some direction. I am also looking to order a y pipe for my 02 max.

Changed the name: www.lssexhaust.com
Old 09-04-2006, 10:37 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by acidspit86
now honestly, as a US citizen, when i comes to something like exhaust, i really dont care where the metal came from
Whatever JetBlackMax said earlier...thats just bogus. Put the flag down and just be glad that we have aftermarket parts available for the Maxima.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

do u realize that this thread is 3 years old??? no one cares anymore
Old 09-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Try this site this wer u can find budget y-pipe and here are they 18002564482

[URL="http://www.lssexhaust.com/"]http://www.lssexhaust.com/[/URL
]
Old 09-09-2006, 08:14 AM

On the LSS exhaust website, there is only y pipes for the fourth gen maximas. Does budget(LSS) make a y pipe for a fifth gen. If not is there any company that does.