4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

a few ?? s to skyline kit owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 01:41 AM

a few ?? s to skyline kit owners

Im planning on buying a skyline kit this spring,but frist I would like to know a few things aout it.

1.How much did you guys pay for it to get painted?(my car is pearl white)
2.If you did the installation yourself how long and difficult is it?
3.How low is the front bumper to the ground compared to the stock one?(whats the clearance)
4.During winter im sure the front bumper has to be removed,but do the side skirts and rear bumper ok for winter driving or do they have to be removed too.?|
5.I almost forgot if you didnt install it yourself have much did you pay for it to get installed?

I hope you guys can answer some of my questions if you have something more I sould know about this kit let me know,thanks
Old 01-21-2003, 05:54 PM

Re: a few ?? s to skyline kit owners

i can help a little and bump it to the top again.
1. i got mine while in the shop (wreck and i went through other guy's insurance) so i dont know
2.it took the shop nearly two weeks, after waiting for the kit over 2 months, to install and paint the whole kit
3. the front is not to bad where i live as long as i am carefull, i have only scraped 2x (both in the first week) you just have to get used to it and know which driveways and entrances you can go on from ground to bottom of front bumper is just at 8" and i have stock suspension and wheels/tires
4. i dont remove any of the kit in winter cause i live in houston and if it gets anywhere below 50 i get supprised
5.once again went through insurance so dont know the whole price
Old 01-22-2003, 02:17 PM

3 reasons i think that you might not want to purchase this kit.

Number 1: They say that this kit WILL fit without any MAJOR modifications. B**$hit!!!
Bumper Fitment PICS

Number 2: All sales are final. EVEN though ADVAN NEVER states this anywhere.** Not saying custommaxima does not. only ADVAN Styling** Meaning that if your bumper is defective you are $h!t out of luck. Like me

Number 3: Urethane version in the process of being made. Much better than Fiber glass(contact .ORG member Shadow for details)