4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

help with intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

help with intakes

hey people...i have a 96 GXE and wanted to invest in an intake, but am not sure which kind to get. the regular cone that sits behind the battery seems easiest, but draws in hot air. and in the cold intake, you have to cut a hole in your fenderwell (which i dont think i want to do). Is there a cai out there available that i dont have to do any cutting to my car? And does anyone have either of these for sale? feedback will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Banned

Re: help with intakes

Originally posted by digdug555
hey people...i have a 96 GXE and wanted to invest in an intake, but am not sure which kind to get. the regular cone that sits behind the battery seems easiest, but draws in hot air. and in the cold intake, you have to cut a hole in your fenderwell (which i dont think i want to do). Is there a cai out there available that i dont have to do any cutting to my car? And does anyone have either of these for sale? feedback will be greatly appreciated
There is a group deal on the bomz right now for $65. Can't beat that, same design and the Place Racing Cold Air Intake. You can use it in hybrid mode which means no cutting or you can cut the hole and use it in cold air mode. I would suggest you get a decent filter for it though.

I cut the hole in my car and now I am going to sell it and it virtually impossible to see it because its almost under the battery and relay box so its not a problem.

There is not a cold air filter that does not require cutting. I know, I know, the Injen, but its still a warm air intake regardless of what anyone says.

Good Luck
Jim

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....1&pagenumber=1
Old 01-21-2003, 04:20 PM
What's next!?..

Your other option would be to get an Injen intake. www.Injen.com
The kit runs about $220-250.

No cutting required.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:14 PM
ivelweyz

Re: help with intakes

Originally posted by digdug555
Your best option would probably be a home-made hybrid, $40. I'm making one and if you think you're up for it you should try it. Some links for reference...

http://www.drwebdesign.com/mymaxima/upperintake.html

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=35

Old 01-21-2003, 09:24 PM
V^___^V

u can try a short ram + K&N filter + stock air ram, it's kinda half and half but it flows pretty descent... the stock intake arm sux cuz it's not smooth enough compare to short ram piping, also K&N flows better than any filter out there, lastly the stock air ram can input cold hair from outside give u a bit of extra boast...
Old 01-21-2003, 09:34 PM

in my case i have JWT intake and a place racing mid pipe made by requin6. i believe he has the same setup as i do. Talk to him i bought the mid pipe for 40 off of him, he might still have some materials left. I love the setup nice and clean.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:19 PM

make by your own

Im agree with that...i made my own intake with the page above, and dudz ist the same...HP that frankencar, etc. and you can save more money to do other mod.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:37 PM

i got a question how do you all suggest getting more cold air to my my hybrid. i was thinking about running some kind of pipe from the intake to the bottom of the car where the splash guards are. Cut a hole in the splash guard and make some some kind of scoop. I'll put some gutter guard over the scoop so i don't get any stuff up into the engine bay. what do you all think about that. do you think that will work