4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

eibach, kyb setup question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

eibach, kyb setup question

are there any known problems with the installation of an eibach pro kit gen 1 spring and kyb's. problems as in fittin problems, will i need the new mount thing for the kyb's shocks and are dust boots really required. also is anyone on a eibach/gr2 setup tha can give me some info on ride and handling increases. im also thinking about goign all out and getting the agx's but that is a big price difference. can the gr2's handle the eibachs, i heard the ride is stiff compared to the max speeds or h & r's. any feedback will be appreciated. thanks
Old 01-24-2003, 12:10 AM

GR2 are like stock ones. They may be slightly more agressive than stock. However, depending on how worn your current struts are, the improvement might be huge (even more-so with eibachs). However, don't expect the ride quality to last as long as your original setup...GR2 are not really an upgrade. In fact, They are standard equipment in several of Nissan's model lineup.

My gf had eibach/gr2 in her track modded 93 altima 5sp. she loved the improve handling, but in hard corners (sweepers or sharp corners) the car still leaned badly (already had rsb, fstb, rstb). I dunno how it is in a 4th gen max, but I don't think it'll be much better cuz the max is heavier and has the rear beam.

Jae
Old 01-24-2003, 02:09 AM

thanks

Originally posted by ThurzNite
GR2 are like stock ones. They may be slightly more agressive than stock. However, depending on how worn your current struts are, the improvement might be huge (even more-so with eibachs). However, don't expect the ride quality to last as long as your original setup...GR2 are not really an upgrade. In fact, They are standard equipment in several of Nissan's model lineup.

My gf had eibach/gr2 in her track modded 93 altima 5sp. she loved the improve handling, but in hard corners (sweepers or sharp corners) the car still leaned badly (already had rsb, fstb, rstb). I dunno how it is in a 4th gen max, but I don't think it'll be much better cuz the max is heavier and has the rear beam.

Jae

thanks alot for the info thurz night.. i never knew the gr2's were standard equipp on some models. i thought they were equivilent to the agx's but just not adjustable. ill be looking around for a good deal on the agx's if i can find one. but from what your saying. as long as i dont track the maxima the gr2's should work ok. i drive the car hard on occasion but usually i dont push it too much. the odo jsut hit 100k i dont want to push her limits too much.. how long did the gr2's last on your girlfriends car.? if the gr2's were standard eqippp on nissan wouldnt they be made to last a long time. most stock equipp is. my stock shocks on my 100k max are still good. anyway..thanks for the post.. i will look a good deal on the agx's.. i think i do want the versatility with beign able to change the shock pressure. there are soem pretty bumpy roads in so cali.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Which Nissan models have KYB GR-2s as original equipment?

Old 01-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The GR2 replacement strut is firmer then OEM equipment and will handle the Eibach's just fine. Actually KYB corporation supports the use of Eibach springs with their products and will not void the warranty if you use them.

That setup will give you a nice firm sporty ride and increase handling quite a bit.

No fitment problems are associated with Eibach's or GR2's on a Maxima.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
The GR2 replacement strut is firmer then OEM equipment and will handle the Eibach's just fine. Actually KYB corporation supports the use of Eibach springs with their products and will not void the warranty if you use them.

That setup will give you a nice firm sporty ride and increase handling quite a bit.

No fitment problems are associated with Eibach's or GR2's on a Maxima.
thanks..one more question..how long should i be expecteing the gr2's to last if i dont drive very hard all the time.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by Max Noob
thanks..one more question..how long should i be expecteing the gr2's to last if i dont drive very hard all the time.
Check with KYB, I think they have a "limited lifetime" warranty. As far as how long they will last you. They could out live your car....
Old 01-24-2003, 01:46 PM

In my opinions, GR2 won't last long with a stiff spring such as the Eibachs. Now if you team it up with a soft spring such as h&r's or b&g's, they should be durable and the ride will not suffer. If you want eibach's, definitely go with the AGX's. By the way, I'm installing my GR2's and B&G's on monday. I'll keep you guys updated on the install.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:47 PM

In my opinion, GR2 won't last long with a stiff spring such as the Eibachs. Now if you team it up with a soft spring such as h&r's or b&g's, they should be durable and the ride will not suffer. If you want eibach's, definitely go with the AGX's. By the way, I'm installing my GR2's and B&G's on monday. I'll keep you guys updated on the install.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:51 PM

92-98 altimas have gr2. The only reason they feel better w/GR2 is cuz the old suspension was worn. You could get the same performance from Nissan struts.

Some Sentras use GR2, but I forgot what years.

I forgot what Maximas have, but it's a popular one. It could be monroe. I'll find out for ya.

Jae