4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got pulled over by a traffic cop today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:38 PM

Got pulled over by a traffic cop today!

Man I was traveling westbound on I-10 right past downtown (San Antonio), where the upper and lower levels split. I got behind this @-hole in a dodge truck who was chattering away on his celly. I dropped it down into fourth and passed him. I was bumpin' some Ludacris and had the windows down, it was a nice day (mid to high 70's). Then I glance in my rearview and there is the dreaded blue and reds flashing on a motorcycle. I got pulled over by a traffic cop. These guys are notorious a-holes. So I pull over and the guy asks me why I was going so fast (71 in a 50). I told him I just got outta class and I was heading home, I had to use the bathroom (which I did). He asked why I didnt use it at school and I said I dont like to do number two in public bathrooms. So he heads back to his bike and proceeds to write the ticket. He comes back and reads me the riot act. He busted me for no front license plate (I do not have a state issued plate but rather the more acurate "Playa 4 Life" complete with naked chick), illegal lane change/no signal x2, following too closely (that a-hole in the truck) and of course 71 in a 50. That equals roughly $700 in Texas. So then my fortune turns for the good and he says that he isnt going to give me the ticket and I better slow down, he is all over the city everyday and will hook me up again (my buddy got a ticket from the same guy and San Antonio is a pretty big city) if I dont obey the posted limit. Then he let me go and gave the ticket to put where I can see it, so when I get the urge to mash it, just look at that damn citation. So I thanked the Maxima Gods and slowly proceeded home. I think some 70 year olds passed me on I-10. The moral of this story dont be an idiot to cops when you get pulled over. (alot of the converstation was omitted cuz I didnt feel like typing it all)
Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 PM

woa gut lucky this time. Im shure they all hear the "number two" excuse all the time.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:17 AM

Wish I was lucky as you... I've got eight tickets with multiple citations...
-Robert
Old 02-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=186831

I smell a rat.....
Old 02-04-2003, 07:25 AM
I am Roid Rage

Re: Got pulled over by a traffic cop today!

Originally posted by sharkulator
He comes back and reads me the riot act. He busted me for no front license plate (I do not have a state issued plate but rather the more acurate "Playa 4 Life" complete with naked chick). So then my fortune turns for the good and he says that he isnt going to give me the ticket
You definately should've gotten fined for the plate, Playa.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:38 AM

I can't wait til the day when I can cruise down the road with my windows down. It's about 25 degrees today and when I hear someone talk about temps in the 70's, it makes me want to By the way, keep on playin playa and don't let the man get you down.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:51 AM

Re: Re: Got pulled over by a traffic cop today!

Originally posted by Bluebird

You definately should've gotten fined for the plate, Playa.

Why you gotta hate on my plate, dog?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:03 AM
I am Roid Rage

Re: Re: Re: Got pulled over by a traffic cop today!

Originally posted by sharkulator

Why you gotta hate on my plate, dog?
It was just funny to me because I saw an Eclipse with "PLAYA" across the back window last night at the gym. If I was a true player, I'd do my best to keep it undercover and not announce it. You don't need any haters like me throwing salt in your game.

Seriously though, I'm not hating. Its your car and you make the payments so do whatever you like.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:35 AM

yea dude I got pulled over 3 times and got off with all warnings. I was just kind and courtious to the cop and gave him what he wanted to see.
My uncle is a cop and he told me most of the time it's the people's mouth that get them in trouble.
this is common in the houston tx area
WTF WHY YOU PULL ME OVER BECUASE IM MEXICAN/BLACK/MINORITY?
"heres your ticket good day sir."

hehe

I have a question about the plates in the front though, its state law in TX to have them in the front and back but my 96 maxima doesn't have a mount for it in the front. what do we do?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by PhaZe
I have a question about the plates in the front though, its state law in TX to have them in the front and back but my 96 maxima doesn't have a mount for it in the front. what do we do?
Your local dealer should have a license plate holder. Or you could always try the junkyard, they might let you have it for really cheap.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:55 PM

When I brought my 91 Sentra from Florida I just went on and drilled two holes in the front bumper and stuck the plate on. I think the law states that the plates have to be permantly (sp) affixed to the vehicle. I am taking my Max to Florida at the end of this month and I am gonna switch my DL and vehicle reg over to Florida cuz as soon as I graduate UTSA I am going back into the war so it's all good. I have "Playa 4 Life" on my plate to hopefully scare off all the young ladies lookin' for love, cuz I ain't got time for nuthin' but a little cut up.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:25 PM
CaLSoNiC

Heh, thank god crappy *** new mexico doesnt require 2 plates.
But yeah, the only time I got pulled over was on the way to homecoming. The officer walks up, stares at my date and says watch your speed this is your warning. So yeah, find some hotties... pile them in your car and you should be fine.